What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

I don't like the idea of the rapid release. I mean...
... I install Firefox 3.6.28. Like 2 days later, it installs Firefox 16 or 4 or whatever WITHOUT TELLING ME. Why?

And the funny thing is that 3.x runs faster and can still view websites just as good.

stewartsage

Whenever I have video lag like that, it's a connection issue.  Or a hardware issue.

Nichi

@Leaf, Nej: Indeed. Hell, I can use Firefox 2.0.0.20 on 99% of the websites I go to without issue; it working just as well as whatever the latest version is

Chocofreak13

Foxy is installed on the machine downstairs, and my dad was constantly complaining about it when he was on there. something about how he has to reinstall his toolbars each time he opens it. not sure if he had these problems elsewhere or on IE, but either way, at least he's not complaining about it anymore. maybe it's cause he uses the laptop more, or maybe he just doesn't notice. or maybe it's because he upgraded the machine's hardware and upgraded to windows 7.

either way, Opera is my browser of choice, but when Opera gets too laggy from SO MANY TABS, i occasionally use IE9.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

I like chrome. More than Mozzila.
Simon was here :P

Simonorged

this is my internet speed

Chocofreak13

we have a speed test thread. but i'll post mine here. (also, you're in mass somewhere? kickass, i'm in southern NH. ^^ )

click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Bella

NejinOniwa

Speedtest admins on vacations, can't be bothered to display shit?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

um.....dafuq is with those grades? they're higher speeds than mine yet lower grades. we're not graded on a curve? how the hell does that make sense here, my head is full of fuck >0<;;
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Choco, they take into consideration the upload speed, which is very good in what you posted.

Bella

Quote from: Pitkin on March 15, 2013, 04:44:14 AM
Choco, they take into consideration the upload speed, which is very good in what you posted.

IKR? My DL speeds are (apparently) excellent, but my upload speeds never top 1Mb/s. It generally doesn't bother me since i do more downloading than uploading, but uploading files to online storage / cloud sites is painfully slow. :/

Nichi

Mine is fairly balanced, but is still all-round terrible :\

Chocofreak13

ahhh, alright. makes me proud of mine, if it weren't for the torrenting thing. -w-;;
click to make it bigger