What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

I'd just stick with whatever she has now to be honest OzO

Chocofreak13

she doesn't have anything, which is the point here.

she's used windows 7 before though (i think), so i see no problem with giving it to her.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Hmm... I see.

I'm trying to find the Japanese IME for Windows XP. One that doesn't require Office XP or Internet Explorer and can be used anywhere.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Input Method Editor. The Japanese version features complete character sets, and a program that will input the Kanji or Hiragana or whatever jargon. Basically, you'd type the spelling in English of the Japanese word, like 'kuwagata' and it would process the syllables like this:

ku-wa-ga-ta --> ク-ワ-ガ-タ

So yeah...

Chocofreak13

aw man, can you hook me up with some links :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

You need the original Windows 7 disc to install it. Or you can be naughty and download the ISO and mount it.

I'm pretty sure this will help: http://users.wfu.edu/yipcw/atg/ime/w7/

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: LeaflameSD on February 12, 2013, 03:06:12 AM
You need the original Windows 7 disc to install it. Or you can be naughty and download the ISO and mount it.

I'm pretty sure this will help: http://users.wfu.edu/yipcw/atg/ime/w7/

wonders if my Home basic could get that upgrade

Chocofreak13

the disk defragmenter informs me that my ipod nano is 12% fragmented. should i defrag or not bother? it's hard to find a consistent answer on google. :\
click to make it bigger

ettanb

You miss a vital point of information, what filesystem is it?

Nichi

Given how she's using it with Windows, it's most likely FAT32, so yeah; defrag would be a good idea. The FAT system is notorious for fragmentation

Simonorged

The Ipod is a flash storage device and as such it will automatically separate it's content to keep it's cells leveled. It really doesn't matter, it wouldn't hurt to do it but you won't really see a difference in performance.
Simon was here :P

Pitkin

If the drive is a flash drive, there's indeed absolutely no performance benefit of defragging it, as the drive doesn't need to physically search parts of the content from different places. In addition, defragging a flash drive means unnecessarily performing write operations on it, which will just speed up its wear. Not recommended at all.

Nichi

Oh yeah; I forgot the Nano uses flash-based memory ^^;;;

If you were using an iPod Classic, yeah; defragging would be good. On a Nano, it's not really worthwhile