What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

don't tell me... dled Madobe's theme... my win 7 doesn't support themes :(

Nichi

@Alfonso: That sucks :[

@Kari: It'd probably work. The only time I've run into software designed for Windows 9x\ME that wouldn't run on newer versions is that copy of Bust-A-Move 3 DX. Penti-chan is the only member of the fleet that can at least get it to load; even if the graphics are garbled to the point the game is unplayable :\

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 20, 2013, 08:25:29 PM
@Alfonso: That sucks :[

@Kari: It'd probably work. The only time I've run into software designed for Windows 9x\ME that wouldn't run on newer versions is that copy of Bust-A-Move 3 DX. Penti-chan is the only member of the fleet that can at least get it to load; even if the graphics are garbled to the point the game is unplayable :\

indeed it sucks, and as for me, the after mentioned MMB  is unusable in win 7

(can run it forcing 256 colors, but win 7 looks ugly in 356)

Chocofreak13

@pent: yeah, i installed it. it didn't go through at first, saying "this OS is not Suitable for CG illust.", but i tried again "using reccomended settings" and it went through, and i was able to punch in the release key. now, if only i could find a copy of the manual, since mine is missing.....

@alphonso: control panel -> sounds
if you can pick a different sound scheme, you can manually load in the theme. just hit "browse" on a particular sound, and take note of the folder, then copy all the sounds to that folder and sync them manually. it's a bitch to do but it's worth it since you can get around that. it can be used to install new cursors and screensavers, too. (if there's one thing i love in the world, it's customizing my stuff. i used to make custom themes for windows 7.) if you don't have the nanami sounds as seperate files (aka if you only have the .themepack file) i can hook you up with the seperate parts to the theme, plus extra wallpapers as a bonus. :3 (i have Madobe Yuu, the windows 8 girl, as a 7 theme and seperate files as well. -w- )

however, the only versions that wouldn't do that are starter and home basic. if you have starter, i'd look into upgrading. if you have home basic....why would you get home basic? because it was the only one available? :\
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 20, 2013, 11:09:59 PM
@pent: yeah, i installed it. it didn't go through at first, saying "this OS is not Suitable for CG illust.", but i tried again "using reccomended settings" and it went through, and i was able to punch in the release key. now, if only i could find a copy of the manual, since mine is missing.....

@alphonso: control panel -> sounds
if you can pick a different sound scheme, you can manually load in the theme. just hit "browse" on a particular sound, and take note of the folder, then copy all the sounds to that folder and sync them manually. it's a bitch to do but it's worth it since you can get around that. it can be used to install new cursors and screensavers, too. (if there's one thing i love in the world, it's customizing my stuff. i used to make custom themes for windows 7.) if you don't have the nanami sounds as seperate files (aka if you only have the .themepack file) i can hook you up with the seperate parts to the theme, plus extra wallpapers as a bonus. :3 (i have Madobe Yuu, the windows 8 girl, as a 7 theme and seperate files as well. -w- )

however, the only versions that wouldn't do that are starter and home basic. if you have starter, i'd look into upgrading. if you have home basic....why would you get home basic? because it was the only one available? :\

Well, it was a Though  decision, since My dad is helping me with the lap (He pays 50% I pay 50%) taking advantage that his previous credit with the phone company was almost finished... so I had to settle with a one on the middle of the scale, and yes, it had to be  home basic... I will try to upgrade this year or the next, seeing that I'm tied by our agreement for the next couple of years...

Chocofreak13

mmm, if it works, it works. but if you can access the sounds and change them to another set system sound scheme (damn that's a lot of s's), then you should be able to change the sounds to nanami as i described. hell, i could even toss Yuu your way if you wanted. and i think i have a couple other themes lying around, too.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Are you using starter edition? Because if I recall correctly Micro$haft took out the theme component in that OS.

alfonso_rd_30

LeaflameSD

alfonso_rd_30

All in all, my baby's a good system...

In the future maybe I sell a kidney or two *looks at Bella innocently* to pay up for the upgrade to Ultimate

Bella

Nuuuuuu, not my kidney!!!

Anyway, it sucks about the lack of theme support in Home Basic. I can't believe MS would leave such a trivial-but-nice feature out of the base system. It just seems petty and spiteful to me. -__-;

Anyway, I tried booting into 98 with the instructions you provided. It still wouldn't start. So I tried booting (what I believe to be) the reinstall disk and it still wouldn't do anything. I think I'm going to try a Linux live CD next...

Nichi

If you'd like me to hook you up with a copy of Windows ME, I have about 5 or 6 left in storage if you want one. You might be able to make your laptop work with it ^^

alfonso_rd_30

I never made it work 98se with vbox

Nichi

I never could get 9x\ME to work right on Virtualbox. I had the best luck out of 2.0, NT 4.0, and later (2k, XP, etc.)

LeaflameSD

VirtualBox crashes only all the freaking time... use Micro$wab Virtual PC or VMWare something something.