What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I can too ^^

Also, in terms of older versions, I'm most fond of 2.0.0.20; given how it runs on practically every OS under the sun, and still works on 99% of the websites I go to. Plus, the 2.0 series is where I started with Firefox, so it brings back good memories

LeaflameSD

The 2.x series is really popular too, because of it being open source and having a better rendering engine that Internet Explorer. P.S did you try out those browsing fixes for Windows 95/NT 4.0 I gave you?

Nichi

I haven't tried them out yet. I'll likely do that later ^^

Chocofreak13

watching tv while browsing made sure i learned to type without looking pretty quick. pretty damn convenient, actually, since now i don't even have to look at the screen. :3
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Currently on an ubuntu 12.10 workstation using AwesomeWM.

alfonso_rd_30

Primary
Brand /Model: Dell Inspiron N5050
Processor: Core i3
Memory: 4GB Ram
HD: 446 GB
OS: Windows 7 Home Basic (Nanami Madobe) / Windows XP (Saseko Madobe) - Virtualized / Ubuntu Linux (Lina Torvalds) - Virtualized
Role: Mi nueva nena (My new baby!)

Secondary
Brand /Model: Compaq Presario 5423
Processor:AMD K6
Memory:384 MB Ram
HD: 10GB
OS: Windows XP (Saseko Madobe) - Current / Windows 98 SE (Secchan Madobe) - Original
Role: VHS -> DVD Converter - Current [Inactive] / Mi Nena (My Baby) - Original

Supporting

Brand /Model: Compaq Presario (Don't know the Model, will update to add it)
Processor:(Don't know, will update to add it)
Memory:2 GB Ram
HD: (Don't know, will update to add it)
Role: Technician - Owned by my Dad

Bella

Fufufu, your Linux partition is named Lina Torvalds?

Linux-tan would approve.

(Incidentally, my own Linux device - an Android phone - is named Lina.) ^^;

Nichi

So, I'm going to replace the keyboard in Asagi soon; given how the Esc key no longer works, and I use that a lot to stop pages from loading or exit full-screen YouTube videos.

A new keyboard isn't too expensive, thankfully; I can buy one next week

Chocofreak13

have fun with the new keyboard. maybe we can find you some stickers for it. keyboards love stickers. -w-
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Bella on January 18, 2013, 11:01:20 PM
Fufufu, your Linux partition is named Lina Torvalds?

Linux-tan would approve.

(Incidentally, my own Linux device - an Android phone - is named Lina.) ^^;

Well, I'm just using the Names of the tans... my partitions and drives are named about what they are (Poncho's PC, Poncho's Laptop, Poncho's Linux) and despite ubuntu having it's own tan I went with generic... AND i have also a virtual Android device... (which doesn't let me install it apps :()

NejinOniwa

Linux-tan was probably the first time I felt like, "Hey, this character needs a human name", and made one. Mostly because her situation is so unique; she has an actual father figure, and thus a direct tie to the human line in a way.

The whole business Leopard as Pardus Cupertino came after that, when I started to build some proper basis for things.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

tbh OS-tan "names" is still a topic that needs to be resolved. i think i'll make a new thread for it.
click to make it bigger

Bella

I just pick out names, throw them at characters and see if they "stick". :p

I'm on Xue / 2.13ghz Intel i3, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium and she also "boasts" having another bootable "drive", an embedded Linux system accessible only through her alternate power-on button. (I just like reminding people that my computer has another power button and an embedded Linux system).

Also, since I can never get a straight answer about this .... how many freaking cores does an i3 have? When I look at the Performance window in Task Manager it shows four cores, but I've never actually gotten an answer about this. :L

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Yay! I found my eMachines desktop comput0rz0rz.

eMachines 2240:
CPU:Intel Celeron D ~2.66GHZ
RAM:256 DDR3 SDRAM(?)
GPU:Intel Graphics chip
HDD:40GB
SND:(Generic)AC97 audio

OS:TinyXP (Smaller version of XP. Bundles alot of crap with it.)
I plan of reformatting the computer and installing MicroXP on it. Maybe today or tommorow.