What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Panther is as far as I can take this old iBook G3 without jumping though hoops to make Tiger run. If I was able to replace it's hard drive with something bigger, and max out the RAM, I'd consider making the upgrade

Red-Machine

Oh, I thought you were talking about your G4 Mini.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

I don't have a G4 Mini, although sometimes I wish I did just because

My Mini is a Core Duo running Snow Leopard :3

Dr. Kraus

Useing my new galaxy note!!!

This is really awesome

Nichi

Cool :3

I'm planning on adding a new external HDD to 2k; mostly for transportation of videos when I leave on my trip. It won't be near as big as Torchwood Three, but given it's mission of being a vessel that delivers anime, I have the perfect name for it in mind...

Red-Machine

Broadcasting live from my new PowerMac G3!

I upgraded the RAM to 1GB, but everything is ridiculously slow for some reason.  Even browsing Facebook.  YouTube is a no-no at ANY resolution, which is weird because I could get it playable on my iMacs with slower CPUs.  There's gotta be something weird going on with the software, or maybe the hard drive is dying.

Nichi

Possible, yeah.

As a random note, Frankenstein V3 can do YouTube, but only at 240p (Roughly VHS quality) except in a few rare cases where I can go 360p

Krizonar

My iBook G3 does youtube with little problem, so probably.

Red-Machine

Do you think me running the 16MB ATi Rage 128 at 1680x1050 could have anything to do with it?  Well, I even switched to 1024x768 to test that, but it was still dog slow.

Nichi

@Kriz: Wait; you can get a version of Flash compatible with YouTube that works on OS9? Link? :3

Red-Machine

You can, it just required a google search to find the latest compatible version and a download of Adobe's Flash Player archive.

Nichi

Ok. I'll have to try this out sometime :3

Krizonar

Quote from: Red-Machine on April 05, 2012, 06:31:52 PM
Do you think me running the 16MB ATi Rage 128 at 1680x1050 could have anything to do with it?  Well, I even switched to 1024x768 to test that, but it was still dog slow.
Mine is at 800x600 and ran youtube and this site fine under 10.4. I have not gone to youtube under 9 because I use mine for only historical purposes.
However
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions

It also sounds like you have one of the awesome older Mac moniters if you're running at that high a res.

I also want to say I am jealous you have a powermac g3.

Red-Machine

Unfortunately, it's just my PC's LCD monitor.

I have the latest Flash Player for PPC Macs and I'm running the latest version of Firefox 3.6.

NejinOniwa

FINALLY I'VE GOTTEN THE MYSTERY SOLVED.

OMEGA's B1 memory lane is broken. None of the modules are faulty, they just don't work in that slot. Now, however, she's running with the new modules I got from my brother this fall and one of the old ones, totaling 5 GB instead of 2.

Awesomeness will be had now.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS