What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

.......seriously?

okay, apple. you deserve a *brofist* for that. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That's one thing I like about building my own PC. I'm the warranty; no matter what OS it's running >:3

Chocofreak13

i take the stance with my computers that the Doll modifier in the manga DOLL takes: no warranties, no receipts, no refunds, no proof. >>;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

No updates or changes in the computers I'm using, but I don't think I mentioned that we finally upgraded the desktop at home.

Nichi

Cool :3

The only change in my fleet is that now I have an IBM Correcting Selectric II as an honorary member of the fleet. Not a computer in the same sense as every other member of the fleet, but hey

Chocofreak13

are we gonna start counting typewriters as part of our fleets?

cause if so i'm gonna need to name my olivetti.
click to make it bigger

Paul

So let's just say that there's some great news out there for hobbyist OpenVMS users... http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=12/01/27/8782690
QuoteIn addition, the OpenVMS Hobbyist Program offers kits containing OpenVMS Base O/S software and selected Layered Products via download.

Go grab yourself those VAXen, Alphas and Itanics!!! (yes, Itanics too!)

Nichi

That is awesome @_@

Makes me want to figure out how to setup a VAX emulator and run it on 2k :3

Bella

Quote from: Paul on February 28, 2012, 05:27:16 PM
So let's just say that there's some great news out there for hobbyist OpenVMS users... http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=12/01/27/8782690
QuoteIn addition, the OpenVMS Hobbyist Program offers kits containing OpenVMS Base O/S software and selected Layered Products via download.

What exactly is HP changing? The pricing/availability of the authorization keys, making the install media available for download, or just taking a more active role in the hobbyist program?

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 28, 2012, 09:31:03 PM
That is awesome @_@

Makes me want to figure out how to setup a VAX emulator and run it on 2k :3

Before you consider that, I'd recommend you try out VMS on a public access system - Poetry Hacklab and Deathrow Cluster both offer guest and free shell accounts, so you can play around with the system and get a feel for it.

I'd love to have an emulated (or physical) VMS system but I just don't know what I'd do with it. ^^;

Paul

Up to now the media wasn't available for d/l. Also it wasn't that easy to get to the software for Itanics (the hobbyist program offered kits only for VAX and Alpha)

Bella

Quote from: Paul on February 29, 2012, 12:10:48 AM
Up to now the media wasn't available for d/l. Also it wasn't that easy to get to the software for Itanics (the hobbyist program offered kits only for VAX and Alpha)

Ahh, okay, that's what I assumed at first but wasn't sure of...

Nichi

All right guys, my adventures with the NT 5.0 Beta are coming to a halt, as something bigger is coming. I'm about to venture into the wild world of Windows 8, as Microsoft just released the Consumer Preview yesterday.

So far, from the compatibility report on 2k, it says that Office XP will not work. I somehow doubt it, but I'll soon find out once it's downloaded and I can set it up in Virtualbox

Red-Machine

MS said that Office XP wouldn't work on Vista & 7, but they work fine.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

True. Considering Office 97 wouldn't work on XP (Or if it did, it required a lot of work-arounds), I figured Office XP wouldn't work on 7...but I can use it without a problem

Red-Machine

Office 97 wouldn't work on XP?  I just had a PC in with 64-bit 7 with 97 on it.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!