What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

True. Build 1515 actually feels more usable than the other beta versions of 2000 I've used so far; still having a lot in common with NT 4.0 under the surface

Chocofreak13

considering how close it is to NT, i would imagine. it's like the other builds are 2k's rebellious teenage phase. xD
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Another blue screen? Master Yi quadrakill while disconnected?
preposterous I say
~(@.o)~

Chocofreak13

i would imagine that if one could get their hands on the mac alphas/betas, they would be less than perfect too. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 29, 2012, 10:22:49 PM
i would imagine that if one could get their hands on the mac alphas/betas, they would be less than perfect too. ^^;
I wasn't talking about that. Nanami had another blue screen during a game of LoL and apparently while I was restarting, I killed 4 people when I wasn't controlling my character.

As for that topic, every Mac beta I've participated in, Including Lion, would've probably been fine as a stable release. I encountered some bugs of course, but nothing worse than Launchpad not updating between restarts.
I also participated in the Star Trek Online beta and know the definition of unstable, man that was awful.

Chocofreak13

ah, okay.

and that's pretty awesome. goes to show that Nanami kicks ass even when she falls on her face. -w-

*pictures nanami face down in the mud, her legs kicking wildly*

*cracks up*
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, doing further experimenting, here's what I learned about another beta of 2000:

Build 1729:
- Explorer looks exactly like it does on Windows 98
- Otherwise, not much different from 1671. Same problems apply

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

So guys, I just got one of these off eBay.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

you gonna keep the OS native or are you gonna install something different?
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

It's running 98, with a crapton of games apparently.  Only has a floppy drive, so I don't think I'll be changing it any time soon.

Chocofreak13

fair enough, and i find it a tad impressive that it has a floppy drive. since most netbooks don't have CD drives, it's cool to know that it has some method of data transfer. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

It's an external PCMCIA drive; so just like a netbook, really.

Nichi

Sounds cool, Red. I saw a Compaq laptop similar to that ages ago :3

So, I'm now downloading build 1877 of Windows NT 5.0, so expect a post talking about the differences soon :3

Chocofreak13

@pent: sounds cool. ^^
@red: ahhh. i kinda want an external cd or floppy drive, partially to say i own one, partially cause it could be useful. xD
click to make it bigger