What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

who here can help me troubleshoot this pc to tv problem.

plugged converter box into pc. plugged it into tv. 2 of the video channels on this tv are now showing the coloured bars like when a channel feed is cut off when you're watching tv.

dunno what else i can do at this point. and the guide that came with the damn thing is useless engrish with tiny fuzzy B&W pics.

halp ploz.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

i got it to work. no problems now. ^^

however, now i need to get shitty up and running. after my cousin's wedding shower tomorrow, that'll be my day.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Awesome ^_^

Doing some research, the Star Wars game I'm wanting to run on 2k isn't that expensive on Steam; for $20, I can buy a bundle with it, its expansion pack, and the sequels. Not too bad, really, so I might keep that in mind

Red-Machine

Quote from: Krizonar on January 13, 2012, 05:06:32 PMI have a cassette player.

I have several.  I also have an ancient vacuum tube radio somewhere in storage.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

i have an ibm mouse from 1988.

@pentium: sounds worth it. how much would a hard copy be in comparison?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It'd run about $10 each for just the 2 sequels, which they have over at Office Depot on their rack of value software last I checked. So, yeah; I think it's worth it :3

Red-Machine

Nichi

Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

I have a hard copy of it and its expansion pack, but since LucasArts decided "Hey; let's use a 16-bit installer for a 32-bit game!", I can't install it on 64-bit Windows >_<
But, I can buy the entire series on Steam for $20, including the original Dark Forces, so it doesn't seem too bad

Chocofreak13

sounds good, man. and if you ever need hard copies, they're right nearby. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

So guise.  You can't update 98 or ME anymore.  Microsoft blocked them from the Windows Update website...

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I have an unofficial Service Pack for Windows 98SE, if you want it. It has all the updates Microsoft ever released for it :3

Red-Machine

I know it, and have used it.  I'd just rather get the updates properly.  The unofficial ME service pack does the same, but it's not been updated since 2007 and is now no longer online.

Chocofreak13

i hear there's a fanmade one for ME too. it's nice to know that when the parent company throws the -tan out on her ass, there's a community of nerds waiting to receive her. :3

EDIT: wait, what do you mean the unofficial ME service pack isn't online anymore?? i was counting on that, man!! o__o
click to make it bigger