What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

My WD Element drive arrived yesterday, but I just picked it up from the UPS shop a little while ago... right now Time Machine is backing up 423.77GB of files.

I have most of my essential files (pictures, art, documents, music, movies) put on my 500GB Seagate MyPassport portable HDD as well (redundant backups ftw), but it doesn't have enough capacity to work with Time Machine so I had to do that all by hand. It was hooked up to Eve for like, five hours, and barely even got hot. :o

There's the question of what I'll do with my other 500GB WD drive, I'm thinking of moving my movie collection onto there and deleting it from Eve entirely (which would free up ~120gb of space).

Krizonar

I still have no idea how you people manage to have over 100 gb worth of files.

Nichi

All my stuff of maximum importance (My stories) can fit comfortably with installations of Windows 98 and Office XP on a 6GB drive. Add my music, and a 20GB drive all to itself.

I'll likely never run out of space on my 1TB HDD

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on January 10, 2012, 07:32:37 PM

I can't see how anyone can have less than 100gb worth of files... .___.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, if you total all my stuff together (Stories, other documents, pictures, music, backups of my OS collection, and backups of old MS-DOS games), it's probably 100GB. However, I only give a crap about my stories; which amounts to maybe 4GB at most.

Bella

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHERE THE FUCK DID MY IPHOTO LIBRARY GO?!!??????!?!?

EDIT: JESUS CHRIST THERE IT IS.

GOD DAMN IT MAC, THAT SCARE PROBABLY TOOK A SOLID YEAR OR TWO OFF MY LIFE EXPECTANCY.

Edit: Oh right, the entire reason I started poking around my iPhoto library in the first place,  was gonna try to find out how many GB it is... let's just say it's a lot. My art folder alone is ~31GB.

Chocofreak13

nice one bells. xDD

and nice. you make good arts. -w-
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: Krizonar on January 10, 2012, 07:32:37 PM

I agree with Bells.  I have three drives for a total of 2TB worth of storage.  None of them have more than a third of the space free.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

All of my stuff fits on a 120 GB drive. Rather tightly, but it does.

Red-Machine

My Stargate collection alone breaks that.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

The only tv series I have digitally is Megas XLR.

Because it's Megas XLR. (6 GB)

Chocofreak13

@megas xlr: OMGILOVETHATSHOW. <33333

@storage: i'm worried that the drives i have in place for shitty won't be enough, but i guess i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. :\

that said, the converter i ordered came in the mail yesterday. likely going to see how shitty's doing later. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I haven't seen Megas XLR in years...

Well, I almost have all of my games back on 2k, including a few that I haven't played since her predecessor, TARDIS, died. My list of games on Steam is just a little demented, when you have Perfect Cherry Blossom next to Half-Life 2 >:3

Chocofreak13

nothing wrong with that. i'm willing to bet there's a half-life mod involving the touhou characters. -w-
click to make it bigger