What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I can remember some details like that; mainly the technical names for the cores for a few of my favorite processors:

- P55C (*points to username*)
- Katmai (1st gen Pentium III)
- Sandy Bridge (2nd gen Core i-series)

Paul

Ah, the good old Katmai! I had one in the first computer I ever owned.... 700MHz I believe.

Krizonar

CaptBrenden

Are we computer nerds, or computer cultists? >:U
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Krizonar

Easily considered both.

I might as well mention in this thread that while switching the cases, I put my better processor in (that still un-named) computer. Now has an AMD 6 Core 1055T in it.

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

I'm perfectly satisfied with the computer i have. : D

2009 24'' iMac
4GB RAM, 700GB HDD, 2.93Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Snow Leopard hosting dozens of other guest OSes and emulated computer hardware

CaptBrenden

Your computer is inadequet. 

xD least for me. But I'm dealing with 3D animation. It can take 45 minutes to render a single frame even with my specs. at 24fps, even a 30 second animation when you do the math.. thats 540 hours or 22 and a half days. Thats not counting particle effects, ambient occlusion, partivolume etc passes to be composited togeather.

My computer, is inadiquet.

Bella

^I know. I've done fractal rendering in the past - some of the relatively simple designs I've made have taken upwards of an hour to render, so I can't imagine how long it would take to do complex fractals, let alone 3D art or animation (which, as I understand it, is pretty much THE most processor/RAM-draining application).

The only time my computer has become laggy or that I seriously wished I had a beefier system is when I'm working with extremely large Photoshop images (like, above 8000 x 10000 pixel) with large numbers of layers (30+). So far that's only happened once...

Krizonar

I've never particularly wished my computer had better specs as I've never had a problem with doing anything.

Its PC counterpart, on the otherhand, seems slow as molasses outside of a game.

Nichi

For me, 2k can do everything I want her to do without any problems. Same with Fuuka (Mac Mini, late '06 Core Duo), Asagi (Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop), and Frankenstein V3 (Built around the remains of a Dell XPS from 1999)

CaptBrenden

I still have the remains of a dell XPS M1710 SE-Red in my closet, a power surge pooched the video card it seems.

Chocofreak13

this computer makes me want to toss it out the window into the snowless yard. however, it's not mine, and since it's a loaner that's impossible. mel isn't pissed that it's now missing a key, but she'd be pissed if the whole computer was gone. :\

that said:

TYSONSKITTENS (not my choice of name ><; )
Windows XP Home SP3
AMD Turion 1.79 GHz
1.37 GB of RAM
HP Pavillion DV 5000 (lol, Speedy's a DV 6000)

.......i miss speedy ;^;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

There've been a few moments where I wished Katharine had a better graphics/video card.  That's about it though, she's good pretty much everywhere else.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on December 13, 2011, 11:19:50 PM
There've been a few moments where I wished Katharine had a better graphics/video card.  That's about it though, she's good pretty much everywhere else.

I wouldn't mind Eve having a faster processor, though that really only happens when I'm trying to process large images in Photoshop...