What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Bella: Instead of doing it from the Applications tab in Task Manager, do it from the Processes tab; assuming you know the file name. Doing it from there will kill it instantly -w-

Also, I actually tried 8. I wanted to set it on fire as a sacrifice to the goddess PDP-8
As for Vista, I don't have anything against it, while 7 is kickass if your machine can handle it. Just, not terribly fond of XP; I always felt 2000 was the superior version, but I will use XP without issue when needed

Chocofreak13

XP = complete fucking gold
Vista = i wanted to set the piece of shit aflame
7 = holy mother of fuck we have hit platinum tier
8 = *hisses and spits acid*

@bells: you mean to tell me you AREN'T using "end process" to kill something....? it's sooo much easier that way. :0

@leaf: DDR is a pretty standard format but without knowing whether it's DDR-1 or DDR-2 i can't help you. :\
@pent: did leaf mention it was a laptop? or is it a desktop? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

He didn't say DDR2, so it's most likely DDR1. Also, IDK if it's a desktop or laptop ^^;

Chocofreak13

he said it was DDR, but he didn't know which kind it was after that. :\
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

It's probably DDR1 (or maybe I can't read).

Also Windows Vista isn't bad at all. Just install the service pack, supposedly fixes some bugs here and there.

Chocofreak13

even with all the service packs vista sucked for us. i actually GOT USED to crashing. like, it was a normal part of startup. turn it on, take sip of tea, let it crash, drink more tea, log in on reboot.

and yeah, that's probably DDR-1. i hate it when they don't make the distinction. >>;
Spoiler: ShowHide
am i the only one that thinks of Dance Dance Revolution when i hear about that ram trololololol
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Leaf: It's DDR1. They'd specifically say DDR2 or DDR3 if it was one of those -w-

@Kari: It's more than likely less of a Vista problem and more of a "your dad being incompetent and having every antivirus under the sun installed at the same time" problem :\

Spoiler: ShowHide
Also, you're not the only one LOL

Chocofreak13

no, at the time the only active ones were trend micro and windows firewall (which was all but disabled anyway). we had a pretty early edition of Vista, which is what i blame it on.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Heads up on a new Trojan

It encrypts your hard drive and transfers the algorithm to some external server.
after 72 hours it deletes it and your hard drive becomes useless unless you pay a ransom.

It is sent through links, forum/Facebook attachments and email attachments.
If you get this Trojan, you're in deep doodoo.

It will show up as a link to a video with a caption writen like,
Look at this awesome funny video.
All you need to do is view it and you're screwed.

Although it can also be in images.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah; that's way too complex to be a real virus :\

Simonorged

My IT manager just told me about it.
It's called: Win32/crilock.A
Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Trojan%3AWin32%2FCrilock.A&ThreatID=-2147284168

Or search it yourself.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

i still don't quite habeeb it. but i guess it's a good thing that i don't really click on video links anyway.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, Sapphire the iPod Touch has officially departed from the fleet earlier today, as the first step toward the eventual purchase and arrival of a new smart phone; a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (Android based), which will be officially called Flonne III.

Chocofreak13

goodbye, sweet princess. i hardly knew ye (as we never played hanafuda). ;^;
click to make it bigger