What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

what are you going to to about maplestory?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'll just stick to playing it on 2k. Given how sluggish Windows 7 has become on Asagi in recent years, IDK if she could handle running MapleStory anymore :\

Chocofreak13

sucks ass, but i assume that these things must always come to pass...
click to make it bigger

Bella

Dad wants me to find him a tablet. Probably gonna steer him toward a model running Windows 8, but I haven't figured out anything else yet. Not counting digital camera and printer equipment, he hasn't operated (or wanted to operate) a computer on a regular basis since Windows 98 was A Thing, and I think the weird tile-y start screen thing would benefit him.

LeaflameSD

Nichi

Windows 8 is fine on tablets IMO. On a desktop\laptop, it needs to rot in hell

Chocofreak13

*hisses and spits acid*

so on tuesday i'm going to look into buying a printer. according to my sis (a former wal-mart electronics employee) you can get an inkjet printer at walmart (with cartridges) for $10.

i can do that. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Nice. I'm eventually going to get a new printer...although I haven't had a spot to set one up in years

LeaflameSD

I want a new PC, God fucking damnit, or at least some new RAM. I've been on 256 megabytes of RAM for years now, and that depresses me.
But knowing my parents (they're Jews when it comes to money), they probably won't get me anything more than a few pounds.

#FML
#BitchingMood

Chocofreak13

what kind of ram do you use? i might have some spare sticks lying around.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I might also have some, as well :3

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 01, 2013, 10:22:23 AM
what kind of ram do you use? i might have some spare sticks lying around.
Some type of DDR RAM, not sure of the *exact* type. But you don't have to send me anything (if that was what you were implying)...

Nichi

I have tons of DDR lying around. Sadly, all my DDR2 barring laptop form factor went missing

Bella

I'm gonna sound like such a n00b but tbh all the Windows are starting to run together for me. Well, at least Vista/7/8. I thought I'd hate Windows Vista when I used XP ... when I finally got around to installing Vista, I liked it. I hated Windows 7 when I tested it out and was planning on installing 'Buntu on my laptop because it ran 7.... then I used it for awhile and got used to it. The same would probably happen if I had to use Windows 8 on a regular basis, though as Pent noted - at least on an aesthetic level - Windows 8 makes way more sense as a tablet OS than a desktop/laptop OS.

While I'm over here being a Windows moron, do you guys know if there's like, any decent alternative task manager for Windows 7? Or some sort of process-ending / application-killing program? On Unix (Linux/OSX/etc.) when you kill a process, BAM, it's over as soon as you click"end process". On Windows, it takes forever (maybe even FIVEEVER) to resolve and it annoys the hell out of me. Is there any way to get around this or is this just how Windows is built?