FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

that face is fuckin' sweet, bro. :0

also, paint can be effective for people that are SUPER experienced with it (search for a user on here named VonDaab, all of his stuff was done in MSPaint), but for the most part, yeah, it can be a little restrictive. if you want to jump upward, give GIMP a try. :0 (i HIGHLY recommend you get version 2.6, though, as 2.8 sucks asssssssss)
click to make it bigger

winduko

In my personal experience, GIMP really didn't like Windows.

In my friend's experience, GIMP really didn't like Macs.

I highly recommend using a Linux distro if you use GIMP.

Edit: I recommend Paint.Net if you are on Windows and can't switch to Linux (like my Windows-loving mother did to me).

Nichi

I use Paint Shop Pro 4. It's nearly 20 years old, but I'm well adjusted to the interface and it's capable of most things I want to do -w-
(I'd love to migrate to PSP5, which was more powerful than PSP4 and IMO the last good version, but it's a pain in the ass to find the full version of; so I settle for the bugged "trial version" of PSP4; which never expires. I've seen the counter say "You are on day 1400 of your 30-day trial", and it still worked)

Cockleshell

Use MyPaint. It's god's blessing among opensource artists.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: winduko on February 18, 2015, 12:40:07 PM
In my personal experience, GIMP really didn't like Windows.

In my friend's experience, GIMP really didn't like Macs.

I highly recommend using a Linux distro if you use GIMP.

Edit: I recommend Paint.Net if you are on Windows and can't switch to Linux (like my Windows-loving mother did to me).

i have NEVER had a problem with gimp using it on windows. in fact, i had a worse time using it on linux. >:\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'd recommend Paint Tool SAI (drawing & painting) or GIMP (drawing, painting and general image editing).

Chocofreak13

loving the arts, bells. who is?

all the other programs i've used you either have to torrent and crack or pay for, so shouting out for GIMP again. :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

i'll play around with some of these programs you guys have recommended to me
thanks alot

Chocofreak13

hope to see results, bro! :0
click to make it bigger

Bella

Yuri science children and strong lighting, this is my life now.

Messing around with some filters and film grain.

NejinOniwa

The part where she's both visibly pregnant and cradling a not-very-far-from-infancy child at the same time makes me sort of...wonder.

Also, the way you've outlined the wrapping makes it look like the baby's head is a separate entity, like if she was holding two babies at once with one only showing its head and the other only showing its body
This sort of thinking could throw me for a dangerous loop so I'll stop here, but hey, good job.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Thanks; I needed to see something cute, after the day I had

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on April 05, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
The part where she's both visibly pregnant and cradling a not-very-far-from-infancy child at the same time makes me sort of...wonder.

Ladies do tend to put on some weight after having a kid, you know. (And not that you can see it very well, but she's a little chestier here than she's generally portrayed as being as well). Chalk it up to maternal abundance/nourishment symbolism or something, but super-skinny moms have always freaked me out in art.

QuoteAlso, the way you've outlined the wrapping makes it look like the baby's head is a separate entity, like if she was holding two babies at once with one only showing its head and the other only showing its body
This sort of thinking could throw me for a dangerous loop so I'll stop here, but hey, good job.

It's not perfect (in fact her head is proportionally huge, but that was intentional [rule of cute and all that]), but I'm not quite seeing what you're seeing.

Chocofreak13

I think he might be making the point that the shoulder (?) wrapping beneath is far enough away from the head that it looks like a seperate baby.

This is so goddamn adorbs, btw.

@nej: depending in age of the child she could still have the swollen belly, it can sometimes take up to 3 months for it to retract. Some kids come out with full heads of hair, and open their eyes within about 2 weeks (I think?), so the age might be a little bit hard to peg on this one.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

I was board and found a nice reference image

**edit**
Here is the ref image (yea I only removed her arm and some stuff [^^;]) but I believe this is Mari<?> from <?>love live<?>