FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

I've drawn directly on screen before. it's weird at first, but I imagine you get used to it. (my friend's school had these neato huge Wacom monitors that reacted with special pens.)
click to make it bigger

Balrith

It's weird, using a graphics tablet and watching the brush move around on the screen separately should be weirder to me, but I've gotten so used to it now. I bet having your hand get in the way of being able to see the canvas would be very different though.

I'm guessing those wacom monitors were cintiqs. Fancy. Best my school has is a tiny crappy graphire tablet that nobody uses. Digital art is pretty much unheard of.

Chocofreak13

are you still in high school or in college? my friend was going to a college-level trade school, so that's why. my college was chock full of tablets of all sizes (though idk if they had upgraded to direct-draw monitors, especially since EVERYTHING is Mac there).

our high school, though, our high school had regular PCs and Macs and maybe one or two tablets.
click to make it bigger

Balrith

I'm a junior in college. Started drawing seriously when I entered. It's a small college and the media lab here is pretty much devoted to video editing and film studies. Definitely not what I expected when I signed up to work there, though I guess video editing was still a nice set of skills to learn.

Sad thing is that my high school had better tablets. Again, next to no interest in digital art here.

Chocofreak13

that sucks. if your focus is drawn art, though, maybe switching schools would be a good idea? :\

if not, then grad studies might eventually be an option.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Balrith on January 17, 2014, 08:31:24 AM
Ah. Being able to draw "directly" on the canvas sounds nice. I'd like to try something like that sometime. Would probably be the closest I'd ever get to a cintiq.

Quote from: Balrith on January 17, 2014, 10:37:14 AM
It's weird, using a graphics tablet and watching the brush move around on the screen separately should be weirder to me, but I've gotten so used to it now. I bet having your hand get in the way of being able to see the canvas would be very different though.

It is nice. But unless you're lucky to have a device with palm detection/rejection, you have to avoid placing your hand on the "canvas" though. So the "covering the canvas" thing isnt much a problem for me.

Also, theres an upcoming 8" Windows 8 tablet with Wacom tech. Perfect for drawing on the go. So you could try it if you can afford it.

Lastly...

Quote from: Balrith on January 15, 2014, 12:32:50 AM
Quote: ShowHide

Dustii why?

See attached pic.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

stewartsage

It is only a junior college.

Is that SAGE wearing a jersey from the Grand Rapids Owls hockey team I made Bells draw?  It is!

Bella

I love how every time I draw SAGE, she either looks melancholy and puppy-eyed or like a raving lunatic attempting to murder with her stare, there is literally no in-between.

Chocofreak13

well, remember that computers back then were more binary than now. there is literally only a 1 or a 0 here, thus, only murderous or adorable. nothing else.
click to make it bigger

Balrith

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 17, 2014, 08:54:23 PM
that sucks. if your focus is drawn art, though, maybe switching schools would be a good idea? :\

if not, then grad studies might eventually be an option.

Meh, I've been here for almost three years now. Not much point moving to a larger college. Also my majors are biology and neuroscience and this college is decent for those.

I was definitely considering going for an art major instead of neuro, but I know pretty well what I want to draw, and I just don't have the time needed for high level traditional media art.

LeaflameSD

Ah, this drawing takes me back... mind you, it's not the best thing I've ever done.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

That's the one you're giving my sister, right? She'll love it :3

Chocofreak13

yes, yes it is. -w-

but as previously stated, she has to print it. silly pent, thinking I have access to a printer. -w-;
click to make it bigger