Nichi

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Gave the page a like~

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Had a little idea in my head while watching GA Design Class (it's an anime) that what if someone parodied it with software-tans for art applications, so i made the quick doodle that is attached.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Balrith

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Balrith on January 15, 2014, 12:32:50 AM
Spoiler: ShowHide

Dustii why?
God, i need to work on my drawing skills.

I chose software more specific to drawing. Yes photoshop is a popular, heavily used art application, but i didn't think people made hand drawn art start to finish in it.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Balrith

Quote from: DustiiWolf on January 15, 2014, 11:09:42 PM
I chose software more specific to drawing. Yes photoshop is a popular, heavily used art application, but i didn't think people made hand drawn art start to finish in it.

People do. I personally don't, but a lot of the more serious people sitting on /ic/ use it from sketch to finished product.
Actually in my general experience, most people that paint are more likely to use photoshop. It's also the industry standard for digital painting.

It all depends on your tastes, what brushes/plugins you have. The fact that plugins can be added and that photoshop has a kickass and versatile brush engine are major reasons why people use it. A good craftsman never blames his tools blahblahblah.

Examples from a Medical Whiskey drawfag that exclusively uses photoshop if anyone's interested:

I personally am using a lot more of CLIP studio paint recently, which is pretty much the japanese analog of Manga Studio.

Chocofreak13

since I can't use my copy of Deleter CG Illust anymore, I use gimp completely whenever I do digital art. unless I'm doing vectors or gifs, in which case I use inkscape or a combo of gimp/jasc animation shop respectively.

not that I do vectors by choice anyway. fucking hate vectors. >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

I've been trying ArtRage lately. I prefer it to SAI, due to it having more features (after using it idk why people get worked up over sai getting features it already has), and because it emulates actual tools and drawing surfaces, which I prefer (since I can still control the brush/pen/etc. settings, but can use it relatively like the tool's real world equivalent.). It also has a WAY friendly touch interface, and scales properly in portrait mode on my tablet w/o hiding the drawing surface with toolbars like SAI.

I also use GIMP from time to time for UI concepts and advance editing.

Chocofreak13

god i miss CG illust. maybe I should get a second copy.
click to make it bigger

Balrith

Quote from: DustiiWolf on January 16, 2014, 11:06:41 AM
scales properly in portrait mode on my tablet w/o hiding the drawing surface with toolbars like SAI.

Just curious, do you draw on a graphics tablet, a  tablet pc, or both?

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Balrith on January 16, 2014, 12:28:27 PM
Just curious, do you draw on a graphics tablet, a  tablet pc, or both?

Tablet PC. Atera (formerly Crapsung) is a Samsung Ativ Smart PC XE500T1C (Samsung sure knows how to name 'em! /s). It's a windows 8.x tablet, with Wacom digitizer.

Balrith

Ah. Being able to draw "directly" on the canvas sounds nice. I'd like to try something like that sometime. Would probably be the closest I'd ever get to a cintiq.