C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Okay, let's give this another go.....

Here's the Goddess again, this time with:

A) more forward momentum (aggressive defense, so to speak)  ^^'

B)  left arm with better defined bending

C)  reneged on previous decision over left fist in favor of a tiger paw; may still need to revisit the positioning during the shading process.

D)  right arm stripped of bending to better display its position perpendicular to her body.

E)  Some initial shading and highlights on her hair, face and bow.

I think progress is going well, although I really do need to get this done ASAP as there are still two other characters waiting in line.  ^___^;

NejinOniwa

*cheer cheer* Ga-ga-ganbare! C-C-CC-Chan! *brings out pom-poms and ties up hair in ribbons*

...wait...i actually DID THAT!? o_o
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Silentbob

I likes it.   I won't pretend to be an art critic since I can't draw worth #¤& myself.   ;)  

One thing though, it'd be cool to see a background in the finished picture, to give it even more depth. (you probably had something planned for all I know).  Maybe she could be in a dojo or something.

C-Chan

Quote*cheer cheer* Ga-ga-ganbare! C-C-CC-Chan! *brings out pom-poms and ties up hair in ribbons*

Kagami-san?  '__'

Well... never mind that.  Thank you!  ^___^

QuoteI likes it. I won't pretend to be an art critic since I can't draw worth #¤& myself.

But you do service Miggies, thus making you eligible to say anything you want to anyone without fear of repercussion or at least under threat from a rampaging, rabid, Amiga-loving fanpig.  ^.^

Thank you though,..!  ^v^

QuoteOne thing though, it'd be cool to see a background in the finished picture, to give it even more depth. (you probably had something planned for all I know). Maybe she could be in a dojo or something.

Unfortunately, the scope of this commission only calls for a character rendition, and only the upper-body at that.  I'm already going above and beyond what's called for by drawing the rest of her... ^___^'

Believe me, I would love to draw a background, or at least pray to the gods that the Great Master of Backgrounds SleepyD could,... like.... maybe... draw one for me.  ^^'

But if I do, it will have to be until well after I finish my other 2 commissions. Moreover, while I didn't envision a dojo (although that's a great idea!  ^^), I had pondered the idea of a lighted cobblestreet venue at night in perhaps some Kyoto-like setting.  Unfortunately, if I did that, I would feel compelled to draw a more elaborate "opponent" facing her.  And well,... you know how ugly things get once I set my mind into creating something complicated..... ^___^;

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"Oh shoot, almost forgot....  -v-'

This here is for Alfamille.... ^__^

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/Images/PumachanBeam_Transparent.png

...feel free to pick it up whenever you return.  ^.^
Which probably means....  -v-'

*starts planting cabbage*

I finally got her some background! Although this is such a small thing for you guys since I'm not the one who really drew Puma-san.

The background is such a plain street location during noontme. I  also manage to do my best to match up Puma-chan's shading with the current weather  ^_^"

However, feel free to comment.

C-Chan

Well ya know I'm gonna say nothing but good comments, especially since it has to do with the great Pu-chan! ^v^
Original or not, your collage helps advance the cause of the great Pu,...

And besides....

You clearly have an eye for high-impact artistic elements and choreography (not only see this here, but also in the banners you've made).  I wonder if perhaps,....... *cough cough* ...you might be interested... *cough cough* ...in some previously-discussed tutorials?  ^.^

Alfamille

About that, I'll get you through PM! :)  

Also additional info perhaps about the image above, I have no idea or any explanation why she'd be crying in that picture on the street at high noontime. I just felt that it's a cute thing to see Puma-san crying at that kind of weather, but in calm breeze around that place :P

And yes, C-chan really made her a Mikuru clone! Puma almost really look like that adorable time traveller! ^_^

C-Chan

QuoteAnd yes, C-chan really made her a Mikuru clone! Puma almost really look like that adorable time traveller!

Fufufu... no surprise there, considering this is officially a collage work.  ^.^

However, I do plan on drawing Mini Pu-chans as well, so hold on tight!  ^v^

Oh and BTW,... Pu-chan would cry even if a tree fell in a forest somewhere and no one was around to hear it, so don't think for a second that her reaction is anything but normal.  Haha!  ^v^

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteOne thing though, it'd be cool to see a background in the finished picture, to give it even more depth. (you probably had something planned for all I know). Maybe she could be in a dojo or something.

Unfortunately, the scope of this commission only calls for a character rendition, and only the upper-body at that.  I'm already going above and beyond what's called for by drawing the rest of her... ^___^'

Believe me, I would love to draw a background, or at least pray to the gods that the Great Master of Backgrounds SleepyD could,... like.... maybe... draw one for me.  ^^'

But if I do, it will have to be until well after I finish my other 2 commissions. Moreover, while I didn't envision a dojo (although that's a great idea!  ^^), I had pondered the idea of a lighted cobblestreet venue at night in perhaps some Kyoto-like setting.  Unfortunately, if I did that, I would feel compelled to draw a more elaborate "opponent" facing her.  And well,... you know how ugly things get once I set my mind into creating something complicated..... ^___^;
yeah, keep things simple. ^^
Lord knows how many projects I gave up on when I tried to do complicated things.
lol, "Great Master of Backgrounds"? You're too kind. ^^
Well, I have a week or so before school starts, maybe I can do a simple one for ya in the meantime. :3

C-Chan

Thank you, SleepyD.  ^__^

But don't sweat it with 2.5-sama,... maybe a cool background for our upcoming OS/2 pic would be a better use of your 1337 background sk1llzr.  ^___^

SleepyD

haha, whatever you say. ^^

*ponders* what DID I have in mind in the first place?
oh, well, think up a new one. XD;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Tsk tsk...

Who desensitized they made you....  ^.^

don't make me get started with that old h-- called Unix and her S&M tendencies...
^________________^

Rather I don't like OSes who encourage perverts to love huge RAM and nothing else -- makes for very low turnout.  ^____^
so if a compiz/beryl-tan existed, you'd hate her? fufufu

Quote from: "Alfamille"
I finally got her some background! Although this is such a small thing for you guys since I'm not the one who really drew Puma-san.

The background is such a plain street location during noontme. I  also manage to do my best to match up Puma-chan's shading with the current weather  ^_^"

However, feel free to comment.
nice. I like the way the background is done and the lightning.
Although, as you said after the post I'm quoting, I have no idea what she's doing in the middle of the street :D.

C-Chan

Nope, cause Compiz/Beryl -- or now the new and absolutely AWESOME Compiz-Fusion -- require comparatively little RAM.  ^___^

Better performance, streamlined design, and more time for sweet sweet [offkey singsong] "lovin' you, it's easy cause yer beautiful...... doodoodooodooodooodoodoo...........  GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAH "....!!!  ^V^

Quotenice. I like the way the background is done and the lightning.
Although, as you said after the post I'm quoting, I have no idea what she's doing in the middle of the street .

Thou shalt not question what the great Pu-chan does!  Thou accepteth that all the Pu-chan does is correct and holy!  

Prostrate thyself before the Positively Peerless and Penetratingly Potent POWER OF PU!!!!!!!!  ^0^

(Plus thou shalt try to say that 5 times.... ^___^)

Quotehaha, whatever you say. ^^

*ponders* what DID I have in mind in the first place?
oh, well, think up a new one. XD;

Yeah, try something,... you know.... warp speed like..... ^.^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"Nope, cause Compiz/Beryl -- or now the new and absolutely AWESOME Compiz-Fusion -- require comparatively little RAM.  ^___^

Better performance, streamlined design, and more time for sweet sweet [offkey singsong] "lovin' you, it's easy cause yer beautiful...... doodoodooodooodooodoodoo...........  GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAH "....!!!  ^V^

I was talking more about being flashy and trying to attract people with nifty effects. Also, If nijura's Vis-tan already shows a lot of skin, and has far less effects than Compiz...what would be of Beryl/compiz-tan ô_ô

C-Chan

*whistle* *whistle* *whistle* *whistle*Something like this *whistle* *whistle* *whistle* *whistle* ^o^