Bella's OS-tan Artwork Thread

Started by Bella, March 18, 2007, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteUhhhhh.................. hair........... gel? ^______________^
In RL, I hate using the stuff cause having my hair stiff and crinkly like tissue paper unnerves me to bits.

But for a space-fairer, it's essential to avoid looking like medusa. ^.^

Oh yeah. Overuse of hair product = FAIL.

QuoteAnd that's why MY alien spaceship has artificial gravity...cuz otherwise my hair would be EVERYWHERE. ~w~

You could always braid it ^^
What I do when I need my hair outta the way.
Sorry, I'm not sure if Kanon-style counts as wacky, but when I tried it I found myself possessed. ^___^

*squeals with delight*

WOW! The C-chan actually fulfilled a promise! Did I just grow wings and fly?

*sprouts wings and flies*

Holy %@^$! I did! Could this possibly be a turning point in my everlasting onslaught of suckage?!! @v@

*wings disappear*
*C-chan falls flat on his face*

Okay, maybe I shouldn't push it. >v<

In any event, hope you like. I didn't feel like drawing her left hand, so I drew a rocket to cover it. I was thinking of making the cameo appearance on it a little more elaborate, but I took your advice and kept it simple. ^___^

As for the lighting, I've always wanted to try out a sunset hue (even if this is a cave setting), so I really went nuts with that. ^.^

Sauce on request if you want it. ^___^

Hawt, hawt, hawt!

Beautiful job! I can't believe you got it done so quickly! Love the color scheme you used, Plan 9-sama's always looked a bit monochromatic and now she seems a bit more colorful and warm. I especially love how you did her hair and eyes...and bunny ears...@@

I suppose that tail sticking out is FreeB-tan devouring the headcrabs in that rocket? ;)

Though I am at an utter loss how NetBSD-chan would be included in this picture. Oh well, if need be, I can always just draw a separate picture (maybe with Inferno-chan...I've been thinking of drawing an updated picture of her...)

*tells self to focus*

That must be a rhetorical question. Of course I'd like to see the Sauce! :)

QuoteSWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

This is just what I needed to prep for a long day of partying. Thank you, sempai.

nnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOSEBLEEED ROOCKETTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now now, Nejin-san, you don't want to be suffering from anemia while you're out partying! Hold yourself together, man!

NejinOniwa

QuoteNow now, Nejin-san, you don't want to be suffering from anemia while you're out partying! Hold yourself together, man!
Hey, I've gotta do it while I can! With all the stuff I'm getting my hands on tomorrow, I won't have any time whatsoever to anemize...gotta go all out!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

This is just what I needed to prep for a long day of partying. Thank you, sempai.

nnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOSEBLEEED ROOCKETTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Thank you, Nejin-san.
BTW, in regards to my own swoonage in another thread,... you wouldn't happen to be a C Blood Type now?  I figured if anyone did, it would certainly be an alien.  ^.^'

BTW, still strangely curious about all this pardy-hardy.  Thought your birthday was last week, but this sounds even BIGGER.  @v@

QuoteHawt, hawt, hawt!

Thank you, Bella-hime.  Fufufu....   ^____^

*pride sparkles dance around C-chan's head*

QuoteBeautiful job! I can't believe you got it done so quickly! Love the color scheme you used, Plan 9-sama's always looked a bit monochromatic and now she seems a bit more colorful and warm. I especially love how you did her hair and eyes...and bunny ears...@@

Fufu... Now now, I actually did not change the colors.  She's still her usual monochromatic self.  The only thing that's changed is the lighting, which has given her and her clothing a particular warm tone to it.  It's a very common lighting technique in Kanon that I wanted to try out.  ^_____^

*pride sparkles sparkles continue to dance around C-chan's head*

QuoteI suppose that tail sticking out is FreeB-tan devouring the headcrabs in that rocket?

Fufufu.... Certainly, certainly.  It's one of the few rare instances where FreeB-chan gets busted.  ^.^

Though I am at an utter loss how NetBSD-chan would be included in this picture. Oh well, if need be, I can always just draw a separate picture (maybe with Inferno-chan...I've been thinking of drawing an updated picture of her...)

*tells self to focus*

Fufufu.... ^.^

*pride sparkles explode*  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!!!!!!!!!  @O@

*checks back in source pictures and descriptions*

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I screwed up!  I thought they were separate pictures, especially since you said you didn't mind the lighting.  ;______;

No, truth is I screwed up and turned a favor into a crap up.... I suck again.  ;__________;

I fail at life.... ;__________________;

*crawls into a corner, curls into a ball, and wallows in shame*

*hangs "EPIC FAIL" sign on self*

QuoteThat must be a rhetorical question. Of course I'd like to see the Sauce!

You're too kind... it does suck after all.  ;~;

*attaches SVG with shame*

Oh, and the BG image is separate, so it won't appear unless I send it to you and it stays in the same directory.  -.-

I knew it, I fail at life.... ;_____________________________;

*adds 50% more shame to wallow*

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aurora Borealis

Brilliant work that does NOT fail at all! ;010 ;010

The rocket is very well-made, and the caution text written by Plan B-tan is hilarious and apparently she's not afraid to write what is on her mind! XD

The lighting is really great and gives a warm look to Plan 9-sama's outfit and hair!

I wondered why FreeBSD-chan was in that rocket. Should have guessed she was munching on some headcrabs or space bunnies! ^_^

NejinOniwa

QuoteBTW, still strangely curious about all this pardy-hardy. Thought your birthday was last week, but this sounds even BIGGER. @v@
Well, yeah (last monday) but you know? No plans on the big day makes you have to postpone things for a later date. So the big party was today, with all the fun people (and some of the boring ones you just can't get away from, but let's put them aside ^^).

Also, sunset+cave=VOLCANO=>HELL YEAH GIMME SOME MOAR OF THAT!=Awesome.
I can not remember much fail coming out of you the last year, sempai (the only thing I actually do think is fail is all those LOOOOOONGcat posts which I-really-just-can't-bother-myself-to-read sometimes). Such it will continue, if what I see is true. (It is.)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

QuoteBrilliant work that does NOT fail at all!

The rocket is very well-made, and the caution text written by Plan B-tan is hilarious and apparently she's not afraid to write what is on her mind! XD

The lighting is really great and gives a warm look to Plan 9-sama's outfit and hair!

I wondered why FreeBSD-chan was in that rocket. Should have guessed she was munching on some headcrabs or space bunnies!

Fufufu!  Thank you Aurora-hime!  ^v^
Evidently you saw the Sauce, since you got the Plan B-chan easter egg.  ^___^

You're right on all accounts, except for one,... I do too fail.  ^^

*wallows in shame*

Well, yeah (last monday) but you know? No plans on the big day makes you have to postpone things for a later date. So the big party was today, with all the fun people (and some of the boring ones you just can't get away from, but let's put them aside ^^).

Aaaaaa sou, so THAT was the big epic surprise.  ^^
Does that mean I have to go back into costume again?  ^___^

Still, how come you tied your belated B-Day celebration with sci-fi?  That still remains the mystery.  -v-

QuoteAlso, sunset+cave=VOLCANO=>HELL YEAH GIMME SOME MOAR OF THAT!=Awesome.

Well of course. ^^
Sure Plan9-sama is a UFO-riding, zombie-loving necromancer, but half her stuff is made up of devil women, and her daughter isn't called Inferno for no good reason.  Meaning that as far as bases are concerned, the User Space Gang is best suited to someplace Subterranean....

...and HOT!  >v<

QuoteI can not remember much fail coming out of you the last year, sempai (the only thing I actually do think is fail is all those LOOOOOONGcat posts which I-really-just-can't-bother-myself-to-read sometimes). Such it will continue, if what I see is true. (It is.)

Well of course they'll go on... LOOOOOOOOOOOONG posts are my life blood.  I kid you not -- the day I no longer need to post them is the day I think I'll finally retire in full and be on my merry way.  Drawing alone doesn't bring me too much joy.  -.-

But no, I still fail.  >v<

*continues to wallow in shame*

==============

On second thought, I forgot one very important thing....

It's an Inkscape drawing.  ^_________^

With a little recoloring and repurposing, I can undo some of my suckage from my last botched attempt.  ^___^

Lesse....

*starts quickly modifying the image*

*finishes modifying the image*

YES!!!!!  I FAIL in life slighly less now, I think!  ^v^
Course, I still went for a Kanon look so I changed from a warm hue to a hard cold light with a blueish hue.  In reality, we could just stick to flat uncolored light, but you know me.... trying to keep things complicated.  ^___________^;

I also drew in another alternative explanation as to why she's unaffected by the Zero-G.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aurora Borealis

Fantastic work with the lighting once again! :D The glass and metal effects are also convincing, and the shiny blue rivets give the gravity chamber that perfect futuristic edge! ;010

C-Chan

*squeals with delight*  Thank you Aurora-hime!  ^V^

So could you safely say that I've reduced enough suckage points to begin wallowing in shame without curling into a ball?  It's real bad for the back, you know.   ^.^

Aurora Borealis

I advise that you stop curling up into a tiny ball of despair because it's bad for your psyche and your back! Not to mention that I do not know any chiropractors or therapists that practice on pigs. Sorry.

I didn't think you had any suckage points at all! (In other communities, I have seen and know suckage for what it really is)

C-Chan

*hurls happily towards Aurora*  GYAAAAAAAH!!!  You're too nice!!!!!

MuST-!  HUG-!  AURORA-!  HIME-!!!!!  ^V^

*crashes on wall instead*

Fufufu...  Well okay, I'll begin the desuckification process, but I can't do a full recovery until I Bela chimes in.  If she hates it, it's right back to the ball for me.  -v-

In any event, I saw you left more in your thread, but have to call it a night.  I'll be sure to get to it in time.  

'Night!  ^.^

Bella

QuoteFufufu! Thank you Aurora-hime! ^v^
Evidently you saw the Sauce, since you got the Plan B-chan easter egg. ^___^

You're right on all accounts, except for one,... I do too fail. ^^

*wallows in shame*

I checked out the little writing on the rocket, as well...that's too fricken' funny! XD

QuoteStill, how come you tied your belated B-Day celebration with sci-fi? That still remains the mystery. -v-

Maybe he got a flux capacitor for his birthday, ever think of that, huh?

QuoteWell of course. ^^
Sure Plan9-sama is a UFO-riding, zombie-loving necromancer, but half her stuff is made up of devil women, and her daughter isn't called Inferno for no good reason. Meaning that as far as bases are concerned, the User Space Gang is best suited to someplace Subterranean....

...and HOT! >v<

Hmmm, should I break out into song with "Disco Inferno", or "Hotblooded"? ^^

QuoteWell of course they'll go on... LOOOOOOOOOOOONG posts are my life blood. I kid you not -- the day I no longer need to post them is the day I think I'll finally retire in full and be on my merry way. Drawing alone doesn't bring me too much joy. -.-

But no, I still fail. >v<

You do not fail. We all fail at times, sometimes a little more than others. And I envy your longcat posts, I wish I had that kind of typing ability XD

QuoteOn second thought, I forgot one very important thing....

It's an Inkscape drawing. ^_________^

With a little recoloring and repurposing, I can undo some of my suckage from my last botched attempt. ^___^

Lesse....

*starts quickly modifying the image*

*finishes modifying the image*

YES!!!!! I FAIL in life slighly less now, I think! ^v^
Course, I still went for a Kanon look so I changed from a warm hue to a hard cold light with a blueish hue. In reality, we could just stick to flat uncolored light, but you know me.... trying to keep things complicated. ^___________^;

I also drew in another alternative explanation as to why she's unaffected by the Zero-G.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! Anyone else would have been content with just letting me go off and make a whole other picture, but not you. No, you took the time to redo the color-- and add a convenient excuse for the gravity discontinuity. This is how we know, without a shadow of a doubt, you're not FAIL.

I actually saw this post last night, and decided to get to work a bit on the NetBSD portion of the picture. The shading has been a bit tough (what with the two-tone spacesuit); moreover, lighting effects are gonna be a bit tricky, as I'm going to add Inferno-chan to this picture. So I'm going to be working with two light sources. Oh joy, what have I gotten myself into.

(Not to worry, the space bunnies are going to come back)

C-Chan

QuoteMaybe he got a flux capacitor for his birthday, ever think of that, huh?

Hoh.... that COULD be true.  ^.^

<__<

>__>

*steals flux capacitor*

*travels back in time*

*seconds later, all Windows PCs magically turn into Amigas*

*returns back to present*

Mission Accomplished.  ^___^

*sees Amiga-chan ravaging a dinner table like a pig*

My GAWDS, what have I done?!  @@

QuoteYou do not fail. We all fail at times, sometimes a little more than others. And I envy your longcat posts, I wish I had that kind of typing ability XD

It's a give and take really.  I can't draw steady to save my life, but the erratic finger movements DO however seem to enhance my ability to type... A LOT.  If not for the fact that I might indeed pursue a future in programming, don't think I haven't envied the notion of being some lone wolf artist of few words.  -v-

QuoteThankyouthankyouthankyou! Anyone else would have been content with just letting me go off and make a whole other picture, but not you. No, you took the time to redo the color-- and add a convenient excuse for the gravity discontinuity. This is how we know, without a shadow of a doubt, you're not FAIL.

Thank you Bella-hime.  Very well, I'll emerge out of FAIL and back into mediocrity.  Kukuku...! ^.^

Still can't see Photobucket from here, so I'll wait till later to comment.  But I was thinking... maybe not so much for Plan9-sama, but I was wondering about creating a simple drawing that demonstrates a new coloring technique that I think will make this variable color hue a lot easier to manage.  If you've seen how I've done the hair for some of my InfinityZero-style Minis, you'll know what I mean... imagine that on steroids.  ^.^

But I did promise myself I would do a little programming this evening, so either way I probably won't do my usual reply bombardment.

*hears collective sigh of relief in the background*

You and me both.  -v-

C-Chan

Sorry, was interrupted by site disruption/maintenance/whatever.  I'm back to where Photobucket is blocked, but I did see them briefly so let me reply from memory.

QuoteThis is how we know, without a shadow of a doubt, you're not FAIL.

I have no clue where you get these [motivational posters], but this one is hands down my favorite.  ^^

Well okay,... SECOND favorite (a certain cosplaying one is my first.  ^__^

QuoteI actually saw this post last night, and decided to get to work a bit on the NetBSD portion of the picture. The shading has been a bit tough (what with the two-tone spacesuit); moreover, lighting effects are gonna be a bit tricky, as I'm going to add Inferno-chan to this picture. So I'm going to be working with two light sources. Oh joy, what have I gotten myself into.

Sorry.  ^___^
I'm telling you, it's not too late to switch to neutral-colored lighting (for Plan9-sama).  It's not really that hard -- basically just entails reversing the color scheme back to its original palette.  ^^

On the other hand, it might be worth your while to give it a shot.  Do what you can -- and if you need a second opinion, I can adjust the lighting/shading as needed in the later SVG file.  ^^

I think the end result will look nifty -- think of the classic dramatic pictures where one half of the character is shaded in muted blue tones, while the other half is a blazing warm color.  ^___^

On the other hand,... I admit it might not be conducive to humor.  ^^;

Case in point...

Quote(Not to worry, the space bunnies are going to come back)

...yeah.  Last call for neutral-lighting on Plan9s-sama.  -.-;

Bella

*typing response*

Okay, here's a fixed version of NetBSD to sync with the color scheme:

Better or worse?

C-Chan

*picks randomly* "Better".  ^____^

Sorry,... Photobucket.  ^^;