Who is real Vista-Tan?

Started by infinity_zero, March 10, 2007, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonymousSage

If it's "too much to handle", how did that kind of board create the OS-tans you like so much?

Kami-Tux

because they think RL is what happens to others. Not everyone is like that!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

QuoteIf it's "too much to handle", how did that kind of board create the OS-tans you like so much?

Don't tell me you're Waha6x36!

AnonymousSage

Quotebecause they think RL is what happens to others. Not everyone is like that!

So basically you think the creators of the OS-tans are hopeless losers?

QuoteDon't tell me you're Waha6x36!

And if I am, what does that mean to you?

NewYinzer

QuoteAnd if I am, what does that mean to you?

It means that you did finally come to our forum (I read the wakachan posts)!

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NewYinzer

Darknight_88

Don't ask his name, that's why he's anonymous. And no, his style of writing is surely different from Waha. But knowing who's who doesn't matter.

Anonymous posting on the OS-tan subforums? I wouldn't mind that, it's just a matter of the other members to discuss it. It'd allow more contribution for anyone interested, and the best advantage is that threads here aren't erased. The only-members rule then would apply to the Lounge boards, because, as you said, most anonymous aren't interested on the "clique" from this forums, but on OS-tans. Of course, that depends of the administration.

And I think most of us would willingly allow anonymous edition of the wiki (lol, some of us can't also edit it), and the rewrite of some sections should be in process.

So, Anonymous, I want to hear what else do you think can help us become less locked, to improve?

P.S:To anyone who thinks that this is like giving up: no, it's not giving up, its improving.

SleepyD

goodness. >_>

I don't like where this is heading judging from everyone's tone, (Darknight, thank you for your calmer tone) but I'll make my points:

1) Clarification on + Nijiura + and Futaba duly noted.

2) I have utmost respect to those who came up with the OS personification idea.  The fact that they released it without so much as a signature surprises me as well.  I'd very much like to find the artists that made those pic uploaded by other members, but sadly, I don't have much time to search madly in a language I can hardly understand.

3) Anonymous posting:
True, OS-tans were created in such an environment.  And yes, true, there is much more than that out there.  The craziness there is conducive to creativity (particularly humor).  However, I don't believe that the whole place should be open to anonymous posting.  Despite that, I am open to the fact that there are those random visitors such as yourself who'd like to have a say in here.

In the spirit of compromise, since I'm sure many members like the restricted membership,

Proposal 1: create areas of the forum that are open to all. Possibly the suggestion forum.  Whether or not you open up the one we already have, or create a new one is up to you.

Proposal 2: create an oekaki board. Opening a place where people can draw may allow new artists to help influence this place.

NewYinzer

Personally, I'd say that we need an:

IMAGEBOARD

That way, we could open it up to anyone, like what Wakachan is doing. However, we keep this forum to discuss important things and limit it to members. Also, we should open up the wiki to anyone as well. I think that will work the best.

Darknight_88

I don't think so, There's  no reason for an imageboard of our own when  Wakachan's /os/ already exists
What we need is to open ourselves to opinions from people outside this forums, with a wide array of opinions.
Doing a "members only" OS-tan discussion for "important" topics would be like an insult. I'd feel that way.

NejinOniwa

Personally, i think we are

DRIFTING DANGEROUSLY OFF-TOPIC

Also, we're speaking about the same things in a lot of threads right now, and that is making my head hurt.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Alfamille

Quote from: "AnonymousSage"
If you really were interested in them, you would not lock yourself up in here, you would be out there following the real action. Nijiura has created far more than the OS-tans, and much of it is very exciting and amusing.

We are not Nijiura. This site is an OS-tan fansite. A fansite that loves the characters that were once made in http://img.2chan.net/b/ and also from other places too. It's not that we don't like the other mascots that were made by Nijiura of some sort, but rather we focus more on the OS-tans (in obvious reasons) than others.

If you're not amused here, thats ok...we respect that.

Quote from: "AnonymousSage"If it's "too much to handle", how did that kind of board create the OS-tans you like so much?

Quote from: "SleepyD"

3) Anonymous posting:
True, OS-tans were created in such an environment.  And yes, true, there is much more than that out there.  The craziness there is conducive to creativity (particularly humor).  However, I don't believe that the whole place should be open to anonymous posting.  Despite that, I am open to the fact that there are those random visitors such as yourself who'd like to have a say in here.

In the spirit of compromise, since I'm sure many members like the restricted membership

SleepyD almost told the things I wanted to say. I give credit to you Jeff,

Plus I think no one here is blocking people from the outside. I'm not against taking suggestion to them. But I think they have to realize that this forum will have certain differences from those places they like to compare here. What's the point of creating this forum if we're gonna be commonly the same as others? That's my personal opinion though. I am participating on imageboards as an anonymous person too just like anybody else , but I am participating here as Alfamille.

But still anonymous posting in here could be possible? who knows....

*but pls. don't let the wiki be open. Not all sites with wikis are open.

Seriously, there should be a partnership with policies on both sides. If you know what I mean.

CaptBrenden

Sigh...  Since I just made my announcement in the topicless thread, I wont take any action against posters yet... but Ill repeat one last time... ABSOLUTELY NO FLAMEWAR on the forum.  This topic is locked untill the useful info on hidden in the crap about the original creators gets properly recorded in the wiki, and then im going to delete it, like I said. Im sorry for the loss of page of actuall discussion on Vis-tans design.. but like I announced earlier.. any thread that starts flamewar material will get deleted.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.