Started by infinity_zero, March 10, 2007, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infinity_zero

Please help about vista-tan.
Who is real Vista-Tan?

or

or

Laevatein

I don't think people agree on who the "standard" design for Vista is that's somehow easily recognizable (since as a OS Vista is so new)... yet. Wait a year or so ^^

I do like the Magical Girl type Vista though XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Laevatein"I don't think people agree on who the "standard" design for Vista is that's somehow easily recognizable (since as a OS Vista is so new)... yet. Wait a year or so ^^

Exactly.
As far as what has been posted on Wakachan, the Seifuku vista design has been the "accepted" design in the last months:
Seifuku Vista

She was created on 2chan's ".img" board, the one which was the one who gave birth to the previous designs.
However, since that time, the number of "Random" boards has increased (not completely sure if there was more than one back to 2003) to a total of 5: "img", "nov", "may", "dat" and "temp". And they don't want to be left behind the creative process, so they several artist have started to propose several designs.
I know that most of those designs come from "nov" and "may", while (after having explored that board a few hours, so don't take this as an accurate truth) "img" seems to keep their support for Seifuku Vis-tan. Not sure about the role of the other 2 remaining boards.

And some of the Anonymous at Wakachan are angry because they feel the process of "deciding" an OS-tan design should be entirely made at 2chan's img board, due to "tradition" (in their words: "it's lame to take over their show").

It'll take a while before a final Vis-tan design is decided, as the more influential boards are the 2chan's ones, and since each one support a different array of designs, it's difficult to know who's design will be accepted by everyone. But I think that everyone should be allowed to be part of this process as the OS-tans is a fan-based phenomena. But of course as the whole OS-tan community will have the final word (specially the Japanese one, the english boards are a minority).
And by the way, there CAN be more than one design. In fact, everyone seems to be taking the way of having 4 different designs, one for each version of the OS

I for one,  support this design :D: Mahou Shoujo Vis-tan

P.S: take this as a short summary of this discussion.

Laevatein

Now THAT's the Vista I'm talking about XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zjhentohlauedy

i can't decide between the mahou shoujo or the seifuku!!!
My my, aren't you lovely~

NejinOniwa

Then what about Visbou? The ninja, is she some sort of wacky sidekick to seifuku vista? ;013
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Darknight_88

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Then what about Visbou? The ninja, is she some sort of wacky sidekick to seifuku vista? ;013

Not really sure about her, but yeah, seems to be the weird seifuku's sidekick. Seems to receive the same support as seifuku's

As a personal opinion...I don't mind if seifuku would stay as one of the 4 Vis-tans. But I HATE ninjas. I think that explains my opinion about her...

NewYinzer

Will the real Vistan please stand up?

*resumes post*

Seriously, I hate the ninja too. I don't know why, but I feel as though there are too many ninjas nowadays. The seifuku is better. Ah...that's the stuff.

Alfamille

As for me, I dont  hate ninjas. It's just the idea for Vista-tan to be ninja isn't really my type.

C-Chan

Sou sou, Vistan strikes me as more big or bloaty or at least frilly.  

A ninja would be more appropriate for an older version of Windows, or at least something else that's fast, agile and works from the shadows.  ^___^

Alfamille

By the way, Darknight, the Mahou Shoujo Vis-tan  is an original creation of Nijiura (http://ostan.matrix.jp/os/vista/src.php). I even love their Vista Home-tan!

I've personally always prefer Nijiura's side of things! They have good sense of design and fashion. They are also accurate when it comes to the OS-tans.

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "C-Chan"Sou sou, Vistan strikes me as more big or bloaty or at least frilly.  

A ninja would be more appropriate for an older version of Windows, or at least something else that's fast, agile and works from the shadows.  ^___^
Ninja-contiki-tan! Must draw!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Slightly off topic, but still. I spotted this guy yesterday...

Could it be!?!? VIS-KUN!? Probably! (since he has the screw stuffs and looks more like a snob than what could possibly be legal.)

I hate him already.

Lovee

i don't like kuns>_<
ok i admit that tans are much more attractive^.^

NejinOniwa

Desho? Well, actually i'd say like this...
The Kuns are a part of it all as well - although not as big part as the Tans - and besides some of the funniest comic strips are with the Kuns, so at least I have a hard time -not- liking them. But this guy...i mean, look at himssu! Arrogant, Smoker, Snob, name something bad and he's got it! Argh, i hate him GOOD.