I'm in search for a particular OS-tan related passage ...

Started by Jayjs20, February 27, 2007, 11:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayjs20

I'm not quite sure what the hell is wrong with me, shedding tears over something this silly but ...

Basically, one of the OS-tans was getting replaced by a newer model.  It was pretty long, a good size paragraph or so, it felt like a goodbye speech.  At the end, she request that you not throw away her disk cause part of her is still inside it.

The whole thing's really silly but I still felt alittle touched by it for some reason.

I google'd around and the only thing I found was this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPyAgwiEQjo&eurl=

The translations in the comments was in part of the passage I'm looking for.  Hopefully, this will ring a bell to somebody here.  Thanks in advance.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Jayjs20"I'm not quite sure what the hell is wrong with me, shedding tears over something this silly but ...

Basically, one of the OS-tans was getting replaced by a newer model.  It was pretty long, a good size paragraph or so, it felt like a goodbye speech.  At the end, she request that you not throw away her disk cause part of her is still inside it.

The whole thing's really silly but I still felt alittle touched by it for some reason.

I google'd around and the only thing I found was this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPyAgwiEQjo&eurl=

The translations in the comments was in part of the passage I'm looking for.  Hopefully, this will ring a bell to somebody here.  Thanks in advance.
hello there

I think you're looking for this picture:
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=327

Indeed, is somewhat sad. Makes you think twice before replacing your OS  o_o

C-Chan

Yo Jay.  -v-

That is a very nice video.  ^__^
I wonder if that's also in reference to the fact that M$ pulled the plug on her not too long ago.  ME-tan is still around and will certainly have a future thanks to an army of nostalgic OS-tan fans; but as far as Microsoft is concerned, she's abandonware and as good as dead, and they'd like to keep it that way the bastards.... -v-

IBM did the same crap too with OS/2 this past December, even at the behest of thousands of hard-working and loyal OS/2 users.  Perhaps the worst thing about proprietary software is that, once the company decides to pull the plug, the plug is pulled for good,....  -v-

zjhentohlauedy

that was a good read...

*sob* it's so sad..
ME-tan!!!!

curse you corporate bastards!!!!
My my, aren't you lovely~

Jayjs20

Many thanks, Darknight_88, for the picture.  Also thanks for the quick replies, everyone.

Laevatein

There's also a second similar pic, also equally sad, if not even more so:

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zjhentohlauedy

*Sob* not another one...

Good thing ME will live on in our hearts forever
My my, aren't you lovely~

C-Chan

Aaaah, just install her on a machine and keep using her.....  -v-

You'd be surprised how many people still boot up their Commodore 64's, and mod them to death till they're able to play modern DVDs and access the internet.....  ^.^

I don't see why ME couldn't have such a cult following 10 or 20 years down the line.  -v-

junkuun

my heart goes out to all the lost tans we wont 4 get you

Jon Fawkes

Personally, I think ME-tan is the cutest :3

It's so sad that she's useless.

Exa

Quote from: "Jon Fawkes"Personally, I think ME-tan is the cutest :3

It's so sad that she's useless.

Then I'm the only one who didn't have serious problems with ME?
First I used 98, then ME, and finally, XP. And if my memory doesn't trick me, my 98 does more trouble to me than my ME. I don't say ME is useless , because she is not useless! Sometimes she fails at things, but not useless!

Bella

Those are so sad :(
*talks to computer* I'll never fall for that Vista thing! You're staying an XP!

Exa, I never used ME...but I do remember tons of trouble with 98, too...

C-Chan

Speaking of XP, M$ seems about ready to pull a Wnidows ME on poor XP....  -v-'

[qyuote]http://www.osnews.com/story.php/17677/Windows-XP-to-be-Phased-Out-by-Years-End-Despite-Strong-Demand/[/quote]

I thought it was suppsoed to be 2009, but I guess they want their money from Vista NOW rather than later.  -.-'

Kami-Tux

Well, MS has a reason not to care about its customers wishes: They are IDS because Vista doesn't exactly sell well. And look at their advertisements: they are getting more and more desperate ("They have compared us to Linux") :)

*Offers Ubuntu-CDs with LTS*

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

They're phasing out Windows XP when it's still going strong?! They're awfully desperate to get sales from Vista! -_-

I know plenty of people who are still sticking with XP and not 'upgrading'!