Favorite genre of gaming

Started by Spysweeper, February 09, 2007, 10:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

QuoteTactically crashing an airborn experimental weapon on an turtling enemy defenses to make a path my units can pass through makes me giggle like a deranged school girl ^__^ in Supreme Commander
CZAR-dropping <3
Seriously, teleporting Aeon commander swarms are so damn awesome. Build a Paragon and a few support commanders and install teleport modules on them all, and then warp behind your enemy's base and build a FUCKLOADERY OF COLOSSUSES <3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"FUCKLOADERY OF COLOSSUSES <3

That's "COLOSSI" I think...

My favourite genres right now are RTS (C&C FTW!) and RPG (Obvlivion hell yes!).  In the past, I used to be an avid adventure game player (think Broken Sword, Blade Runner and Phantasmagoria), but there hasn't been a real adventure genre around since the late 90s.  Though Sierra and LucasArts both said in the 00s that they wouldn't be making any until at least the next decade (the one we're in now), so fingers crossed for a rebirth of the genre!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

RichardTurnbull

I enjoy good Real Time Strategy games, and Civ-Style games (Which includes Civilization).

Command and Conquer (Entire series) has been my favorite all time genre picker.

coldReactive

Role Playing Games, such as Star Ocean, Wild ARMs, Thousand Arms, Tales of... etc.

But not Strategy RPG. And I absolutely loathe shooters. (Only exception: MegaMan Legends)

rahmanx2

i like MMORPG genre,like as RF-Online

dzbtlz55

For me, RPG, mostly JRPG and SRPG (FF series, Tales series, Disgaea), some hack 'n slash or adventure, and some shooters (FPS or TPS).

dragonclaw64

AMDKurt

RTS (Real time strategy)
TBS (Turn based strategy)
RPG
Simulator (mostly flight simulators, realistic and arcadish, doesn't really matter imo)

Mostly im an RTS fan though ^^

NejinOniwa

SupCom2 ships next months, mah boi.

AMDKurt

Oh i know, i know :D Unfortunatly i won't be able to get it when it's released D: (im gonna build a new computer next month, it's either supcom 2 or a computer without processor)

NejinOniwa

'Dawwww....

....although you have good enough connection speeds to skip the noisy part on that one. >:3

AMDKurt

Maybe, im a fan of gas powered games though + im a game collector so i will buy it :P

hachi

I would have to say racing is my favorite genre amongst many.

xxwolfwoodxx1

I love fighting games!!! I'm so hooked on brawl right now (since my favorite character is kirby)

Nzn_003

Games? Well, I love real time strategy game, 3rd person shooter, beat 'em up and hack and slash game... :)