About Windows 98 tan and... her box?

Started by Lovee, February 09, 2007, 02:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovee

i just wantted to ask it since long time ago, why do 98tan and SEtan always take that... box(maybe it's a box-v-)? could anybody tell me about it?

zerodin

Tsubashi

Well, if you read our wiki you'll find that these "Boxes" were actually used as place holders before a generic "theme" was presented. 3.1-sama and DOS also had boxes at one time, but failed to retain these.
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/98-tan_and_98SE-tan

As for why they still have them, I'm a little under-knowledgeable in that area. My best guess is that oft times, after exiting a program, Windows 98 would fail to release the memory said application was using. Thus, my guess is the "Box" represents that unreleased memory.

Similarities between My Idea and the boxes:
No functional purpose
Empty
Held from a previous time

Differences:
98-tan will often "Hide" in the box. I don't know how that works with my Idea...

Note: My Idea was based off MY experience with 98, and may not represent an overall System flaw, which would thus invalidate my Idea.

Hope that helps ^^;
-Tsu

Lovee

Quote from: "Tsubashi"Well, if you read our wiki you'll find that these "Boxes" were actually used as place holders before a generic "theme" was presented. 3.1-sama and DOS also had boxes at one time, but failed to retain these.
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/98-tan_and_98SE-tan

As for why they still have them, I'm a little under-knowledgeable in that area. My best guess is that oft times, after exiting a program, Windows 98 would fail to release the memory said application was using. Thus, my guess is the "Box" represents that unreleased memory.

Similarities between My Idea and the boxes:
No functional purpose
Empty
Held from a previous time

Differences:
98-tan will often "Hide" in the box. I don't know how that works with my Idea...

Note: My Idea was based off MY experience with 98, and may not represent an overall System flaw, which would thus invalidate my Idea.

Hope that helps ^^;

thanks veeeeery much for telling us^ ^