2k-tan's Protrusions on her head

Started by Triple8, February 04, 2007, 02:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple8

Hey... how come 2k-tan has those metal cat ear things on her head? What do those things represent of her character or OS?

Exa

When I saw that first, I thought it's a crown or something like that. But I have no idea what's the connection between the OS and this thing...

Triple8

A crown... I guess that works too. I instantly thought... metal cat ears?

Aurora Borealis

Doesn't really symbolize anything but may be part of a pun.

2K --> Ni K --> Nya K ("nya" is the Japanese sound for meowing and well... cats meow. Also worth noting is that "ni" becomes "nya" with the addition of a small "ya" kana next to it)

Triple8

Well that explains it. Jeez... freakin' weirdo Japanese.

CaptBrenden

I donno, they are the random mecha bits that OS may have?  There is a picture out there where ME and XP are listening to a PC speaker each, and 2K had one of those off her head and she was listening to it the same way... so maybe they are PC speakers?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Aurora Borealis

It's funny that her cat ears double as speakers because ears generally take in sound, as opposed to taking out sound like speakers do! ^^

Triple8

Well if they are speakers... it's kind of weird that none of the other OS's have speaker-ears.

Aurora Borealis

I guess that's what makes 2K-tan unique

Triple8

Her glasses and blue hair with her strangely skimpy bikini-ish outfit makes her unique. I mean... shouldn't all of them have speakers?

CaptBrenden

That is just a theory.. but no, they shouldnt.  The cat ear one is the best example, but it seems one artist thought they were speakers, or it reminded him of speakers

Triple8

How, odd. They do make her cute, but I still find them highly odd.

Myrdin

It wasn't important to me so I just assumed they were
Microwave emitters.
For the perimeter intrusion detector.
Maybe.

Pitkin

I think originally Win2k-tan shared the cat ears with her 'educator'/'foster parent' WinNT-tan. ^^ NT-san's given up her ears later, though.

Well, wouldn't bet my money on that, but that's how I've always thought it. :D

CaptBrenden

QUIET PITKIN!! THEY WILL HEAR YOU!!

Pay no attention to him, he has no idea what he is talking about.  NT never  had any on her head... NEVER.  Only in some bizar weird deja vu worl may he have had something like that...

T_T right pitkin?