Introducing you the cute Wikipe-Tan

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, January 13, 2007, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Oh dear... It is the first time I had spotted her.

Is wikipe-tan new?

[EDIT]No... Sorry to all. Seems she is around since end of 2005/dec 2006[/EDIT]

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipe-tan

Wikipe-tan:

Here is a big image. Just follow the link:

720x720 Wikipe-Tan Head

Here follows original draw:

Various images:

Icons:

Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

Yep, as you clarified later, she has been around  ^v^'

But don't feel bad,... Wikipe-tan does strike a bit of nostalgia for me since she's the first Moe personification I ever met, who then led me to , ME-tan my firsts ever OS-tan.  

Too bad we recently had a bit of a falling out with Wikipe-tan.  -.-'

Silentbob

Yes, since I'm an avid Wikipedia reader, I've seen her multiple times.  Wikipe-tan is indeed cute.  :D

NewYinzer

QuoteToo bad we recently had a bit of a falling out with Wikipe-tan. -.-'

Quite all right, C-Chan. Since the new wiki has been established and I saved the code from the old page, recovering shouldn't be too hard. Don't blame her - blame the admins. As they say about baseball, don't blame the mascots, blame the players!

Xyanide

yeah but her character design could have been at least a little more original and less loli, loose the jigsaw hairclips and she could be a character in "he is my master" lol
is there like any explanation to why she's a little girl? well i guess because she needs other people to tell her facts...true, but why the maid outfit.

CaptBrenden

Im not sure. I think the design is fitting... tho Im not a huge fan of the slapping random bits of whatever they represent too them. the best tans dont have any of that (like the original windows-tans)  but I think its a good design personaly.  

He is my master would have been alot more riskey and would have shown more skin -_-

tho.. i think the beachball is fitting and funny :P

Edit:
oh, and the first post in this thread currently dosent fit into the new Image policy, but I feel its harmless due to the size of the images.  Ill discuss with the other mods.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

Edit:
oh, and the first post in this thread currently dosent fit into the new Image policy, but I feel its harmless due to the size of the images.  Ill discuss with the other mods.

Gosh!  ;013

And perhaps I also avoided posting 720x720 pixel image just to accomplish policy!  ;026  ;015
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

CaptBrenden

big pictures are our biggest problem, but we also want to avoid having a large amount of pictures flooding it too.. but as I said, they are really small and I dont think anyone would have a problem with this post

*puts an A Okay stamp on this thread.. for now*

Xyanide

those picture sizes are fine by me, and i'm even on relatively slow DSL

NewYinzer

QuoteIll discuss with the other mods.

What other mods? Do you mean C-Chan? He's been here so long, he seems kinda like a mod...

C-Chan

Oh right,... in all technicality, the Captain is really the only Mod in this forum.  -v-'

He should've said "Admins".  ^__^

But 'nuff of that, Wikipe-tan = Cute and Forgivable.  ^v^

*trots off*

CaptBrenden

well thats what I ment -_-  I dont make policy so much as I enforce it.  Wotta pain -_-

panithan

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Wikipe-tan does strike a bit of nostalgia for me since she's the first Moe personification I ever met, who then led me to , ME-tan my firsts ever OS-tan.  

Same as mine! *think of the old day*
When I went to the Wikipedia Main Page on October 2, I saw Wikipe-tan in the Today's featured picture section. Then, she links me to the Wikipe-tan article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipe-tan
It has links to OS-tan article. So I clicked it...

That's was the first time I know about OS-tan.
No wonder I joined this forum 2 days later, on Oct 4.

edit: I like her in shift JIS art. Cute!

MisterCat

Personally, I like this version of her:

I'm not a fan of loli types, especially in party dresses; but that's just a personal preference.  You know, she must be a highly-informed gal!

;110

=^..^=

Exa

I approve this post! ^_^ I don't have problem with lolis, they're cute  indeed :D