Os-tan in a video game

Started by Spysweeper, December 07, 2006, 08:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

curse you youtube, curse you!!

I hate having AOL
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Spysweeper

just let it load it's looks pretty good.

Exa

That's great! We really need games like this! A lot of interesting characters (including OS-tans) with really special attacks... I only can say... WOW.

Spysweeper

Yup this is looking badass I can't wait to play it. I have links to more if you want some just let me know.

CaptBrenden

Indeed o_o    

It raises so many questions tho.. like how did they get the rights to do that? and if they didnt... will there be an outcry?    but never the less... bad freaking ass

Spysweeper

It's a Doujin game they are allowed to do that in Japan they don't need need rights when the characters are free to be used how they see fit I wished I lived in Japan.

CaptBrenden

-_- i need to check out some international copyright laws.   I also need to find a copy of that game then

Spysweeper

Ok and you can find a copy o fthis game at www.hongfire.com if you wanna check it out.

SleepyD

haha.... fate/stay night, OS-tan, Higurashi....
Seems they gave 2k a little Gundam SEED touch... lol

As for the legality of this, it is illegal under international law. The thing is, Japanese companies only very rarely desire it to be enforced.  They profit from the fandom.  It is best not to anger them by enforcing copyrights on dojin stuffs.

CaptBrenden

ah a concept american industry does not appriciate.  Free publicity.  Ive known many people (myself included) that pritate a program or two, or a song or two, and from those I decide what i want to buy, or what I like and look for when I buy.   They are too busy whining about how they arnt making their millions -_-

SleepyD

greedy people, aren't they?

heck, most US anime companies don't want to anger the fandom...

although Geneon has been doing a bit of licensing series before they're out in Japan...

C-Chan

Quoteah a concept american industry does not appriciate. Free publicity. Ive known many people (myself included) that pritate a program or two, or a song or two, and from those I decide what i want to buy, or what I like and look for when I buy. They are too busy whining about how they arnt making their millions -_-

This is nicely put, just as long as you remember to practice what you preach.  ^__^
If you produce your own artwork, you should also be just as appreciative of free publicity -- I know you are, but lots of Western artists are not.  ^^;
In addition, if you see companies cutting deals with governments and other corporations to clamp down on what they consider to be copyright breaches, you MUST retaliate.  If the day comes when they outlaw MP3s, don't simply resume buying CDs.  They want consumers, they can HAVE consumers -- after all, a consumer can use his money to tell them to go to hell!  -v-

Oh, and we're absolutely sure this is a real game, right?
I know the fighting game was, but this one still struck me as too "doctored".  Or it could just be that I'm used to seeing crappy games.  -v-

Q4(V)

err so where can we get this game from ???
i want to download it

s8man

Though a bit too chibi for me.