OS-tan OVA

Started by tAPOCHKIN, December 02, 2006, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

that comes from improper tweening :P
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Why I outta improper you~!  >0<

Nah, it's probably all ImageReady's fault, since the animation is much slower on its screen than on the export version.  Each frame delay was set at 0.07 second intervals.  I've gone ahead and bumped that to 0.08 second intervals, and the result looks slightly better on most browsers.... certainly closer to the original SuperGals para para.  ^^

Added after 2 hours 54 minutes:

Hmmm,... looking at it from yet another computer, with IE this time....

Maybe I should try bumping that even further to 0.09s intervals.  Ã,¬_Ã,¬

Aurora Borealis

The dancing Windows 2-tan is very cute!
Keep on dancin'! :D

Xyanide

i say we make an alternative meatspin with her :P
same song, different image lol! XD

C-Chan

GAH!!  Why I outta meatspin you!  >0<

*chuckles*

Or better yet, say you wanna do a meatspin with 3.1-sama and DOSkitty.  ^__^
That way, the Captain will kindly tear you to bits and pieces for me.  ^v^

*sinister chuckle*  -v-

Oh and thank you, Aurora-sama.  ^__^
Yep, that's still just a 1/4 of her moves, so there's more dancin' to come.  ^v^

Plus the same routine to 3.1-sama and DOSkitty,...

By GAWD, it's gonna be nauseatingly cute when it's done!  ^v^

Thurosis

Hmm... This is only a thought

If we re the only/first who make a (small) Anime/OVA from Troubled Windows. this forum will explode because all those fans all over the world will come here to watch it.(that would be cool isn't it?)

And we will get famous XD.

I will help (to create this anime/Ova), If i can (and possible)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

CaptBrenden

SHHSSH keep it down! theyll hear hear you! more members means more work for the mod, and I like being a lazy mod that isnt needed ;_:

C-Chan

QuoteSHHSSH keep it down! theyll hear hear you! more members means more work for the mod, and I like being a lazy mod that isnt needed ;_:

Haha!  ^v^
Since I'm a Wiki Mod now, I suppose I can sympathize....  ^v^'

But not to worry,... in theory, Thurosis-san is correct cause, while images are plentiful and comics are mildly abundant, OS-tan videos are still relatively rare and could attract a bit more attention.  -v-

In practice....

They're gonna make very little impact, for the simple reason that I won't have XP-tan fluttering her boobs on screen.  ^^;

QuoteIf we re the only/first who make a (small) Anime/OVA from Troubled Windows. this forum will explode because all those fans all over the world will come here to watch it.(that would be cool isn't it?)

So yeah, not sure if this micro OVA is what you think, since it won't feature (at least not immediately) and of the original Troubled Windows cast.  ^^;

I'm more of a proponent of underrepresented OS-tans, so my first micro OVA will take place in 1985, and feature characters that predate even the oldest members of the Troubled Windows cast....  -v-;

[Judging from this picture... http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/1143754439695.jpg ...that would be Windows 95 (1995), Windows NT (1994) and Linux (1991)]

Second micro-OVA will take place a little later and feature Windows 2.0-tan and Windows 3.11-sama (then 3.0-tan) -- slightly better, but still no sign of Troubled Windows.  ^^;
(Incidentally, this one will be an experiment in artificial Japanese voice acting.... -v-)

Third micro-OVA will take place in the present day, but will still feature three EXTREMELY OLD OS-tans that were around when MSDOS was in diapers.  The closest hint to anything resembling the Troubled Windows cast is a quick reference to Windows 95 OSR 2.5-sama...  ^^;

Original material helps cut down on Deja Vu potential and will offer something new, refreshing and educational (wonder if you've ever heard of Xenix?).  ^^
Nonetheless, it will definitely be a challenge given that we're essentially reinventing the wheel and we have to be adept at history a little more than with modern OSes.  -v-

If you're still interested, please let me know and maybe I can hook you up with something.  There's plenty for everyone to do on this project.  ^___^

Thurosis

I will help ^^ if i can, but the only thing that i can do right now is drawing (Manga style)

If someone teach me how to draw in Animation quality (like those from Deja vu) that would be great.

Because my coloring quality reachs only this (right now): http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=73

Added after 16 minutes:

btw i search with google but i didn't find anything about those micro-Ova...
(or did i missunderstand something? I'm a german chinese man and my english isn't that great (right now)^^")
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

C-Chan

QuoteI will help ^^ if i can, but the only thing that i can do right now is drawing (Manga style)

If someone teach me how to draw in Animation quality (like those from Deja vu) that would be great.

Because my coloring quality reachs only this (right now): http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=73

Well I would hardly call that "only" -- the characters are drawn exquisitely and with great detail.  ^___^
To draw in an animation-quality Anime style would kinda be a regression of sorts, since the emphasis is on quantity rather than quality.  

That's something you should think overcarefully.... -v-

(Oh, and I wouldn't mention Deja Vu as an example, btw, since that's considered unlucky in our business.... ^^;)

If you're still interested, for sure I would love to teach you at least my techniques (I'm dying to teach SOMEONE).  The only problem is that I would have to get you used to a vector graphics program,... so unless you use one now, you might feel like a fish out of water at first.  ^__^

Fortunately, as with regular Anime, raster graphics are still used a lot (for backgrounds, crowded scenes, and stuff), so it's not like I wouldn't be able to use your native talent.  ^___^

Plus there are many additional tasks that can be done, but I'll get into more if you'd like to hear about them.  ^.^

Quotebtw i search with google but i didn't find anything about those micro-Ova...
(or did i missunderstand something? I'm a german chinese man and my english isn't that great (right now)^^")

That shouldn't come as a surprise, since "micro-OVA" is a phrase I coined.  ^__^
It's what I call a small Anime-style movie that's only a few minutes duration in length, but still should retain the look and feel of its longer counterparts.

In the case of my first experimental micro-OVA, the duration will be shy over 2.5 minutes.

The second one might be 6-7 minutes.

The third maybe a bit longer.

Feel free to look over the proposed script...

http://ostan-collections.net/post-9745.html#9745

...and music....

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/Creation.mp3

...for the first micro-oVA.

It is meant as a parody of an existing anime scene (with no voice acting), so in theory it should be an easy movie to conduct our experiment with.  ^___^

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Well I would hardly call that "only" -- the characters are drawn exquisitely and with great detail.  ^___^

thanks ^^" it is good to hear that ^^

To draw in an animation-quality Anime style would kinda be a regression of sorts, since the emphasis is on quantity rather than quality.
That's something you should think overcarefully.... -v-

Okay! (I never notice that because i thought both are important)

(Oh, and I wouldn't mention Deja Vu as an example, btw, since that's considered unlucky in our business.... ^^;)

okay I won't do that anymore but why is it unlucky?
If you're still interested, for sure I would love to teach you at least my techniques (I'm dying to teach SOMEONE).  The only problem is that I would have to get you used to a vector graphics program,... so unless you use one now, you might feel like a fish out of water at first.  ^__^

I'm really interested in drawing techniques because I like to improve my self (in drawing). The reason why i like that started for 3-4 years when i was 15 i always want to be a manga/animation drawer/painter (I still want to)  
i don't know what a "vector graphic program" is but i use sometimes the "Photoshop CS" to correct/improve my pictures. I know i don't know everything  about Photoshop (short : My know-how are only the basics about that program)
but i 'm ready to learn more ^^

Fortunately, as with regular Anime, raster graphics are still used a lot (for backgrounds, crowded scenes, and stuff), so it's not like I wouldn't be able to use your native talent.  ^___^

like i said before i'll help where i can (aslong there is a small scene in the micro-OVA  where stands who helped)

I'm looking forward to help, but i must say that before! because i work at a hotel and sometimes there is really busy ...

CaptBrenden

ah yes -_- our major artistic disagreeance... quality over quantity... dont listen to the pig!!  If you want to become the best artist you can, you have to take every peice seriosly and try to do it better then the last!!

C-Chan

Quoteah yes -_- our major artistic disagreeance... quality over quantity... dont listen to the pig!! If you want to become the best artist you can, you have to take every peice seriosly and try to do it better then the last!!

Nein, nein, nein!  ^0^

Thurosis-san works at a hotel and I work at a computer-intensive environment myself.  If we want adequate results NOW, we have to do the most with the resources we have on hand!  Cut corners, enhance efficiency, focus on personality depth and stories.  It's all free artwork anyway and in a relatively-small niche market to boot,... so just by the law of diminishing returns alone, uber-high quality pictures may not garner much more net worth (in terms of praise and fame) than cheaper ones.  -v-'

Besides, you can debate quality for pictures, but the rules of the game do a major U-turn when it comes to video animation.  ^___^

Less is not only more,... it's practically survival.  ^.^
The whole reason why cel-animation is so prominent in Japan, and old Disney flicks had little or no shading.  ^___^'

The key goal is to combine various multi-dimensional cheap components to create one masterful art production.  And in relatively small length of time, so you can start work on others ASAP, and improve both style and efficiency!!  ^v^

Anyway, sorry I spent most of my time on that speech, Thurosis-san.  ^__^
Hold that thought,... I'll get back to you with the rest of your response, and the technicalities later today.  -v-

*trots off*

CaptBrenden

Bah,   maybe if you want to prance aorund in a bunny costume for internet glory like Chiu!  But an artist craves more then that!! We want to master our art, and if people enjoy the pictures we draw and the storys we tell then so beit! Never sacrifice your art for glory or fame.. thats... what do they call that?

selling out T_T

C-Chan

Phew,... good thing I'm no artist then....  ^^;

Those are some big shoes to fill from what I hear.... -v-;

My mission is purely educational.  ^___^
I want people to realize, like I had the luxury of these past few months, that the world needn't revolve around Windows alone.  

Monopolies be damned!  Let variety reign supreme!  ^v^