Animated XP-tan desktop?

Started by Rock843, September 10, 2006, 05:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Try opening the program again. That might work.

MisterCat

Well, NewYinzer, I tried again (for the umpteenth time) and XP-tan continues to hide.  The program is running all right, as it's listed in my Another Task Manager utility and is consuming resources; but something mysterious is keeping XP-tan herself from making an appearance.

;018

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

Ive got a program that alows me to make screen mates, and build in animations for when they get clicked on and everything.    just... it requires pixel art. I really suck at pixel art -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NewYinzer

Me too. I need to know how to do that! Someday...
*looks at clock*
OMG! Patton comes on in one minute!

FantasyStrike

any one know where we can get the REAL thing? I did some lingering on youtube and I found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM5G4kNFsDQ

Rido98

Hello, thanks for the program rdhdtwns, i just hope someone will post the same that you can see on youtube, please!!!!!, thanks...

MisterCat

I, too, appreciate XP-tan; but I'm a newcomer to the scene, so my knowledge of the whole OS-Girls subject is limited at this point.  There are, however, members of the board who have lots of knowledge and resources when it comes to anime/manga and offshoots therefrom!

That's the good news.  The bad news is this:  As in any human endeavor, the matter of personal taste enters the picture; and, unfortunately for those of us who consider ourselves fans of XP-tan, a number of people believe XP-tan receives too much attention and hence they're (shall we say) reluctant to participate in efforts to further advance her publicity.

Some would call it personal preference, others might use the term politics; but the upshot of the matter is that when it comes to XP-tan you're pretty much on your own.  If you do find that video you're looking for, please let me know because I'd like to snag it too!

;hi

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

your talking about C-Chan arnt you?

We could just turn him into bacon already.

Anyhow... I dont know if that program exists.  To have a high quality 35 animation like that playing that quickly as the system boots up.. i donno -_- I have a 4500 laptop that runs half life 2 at top specs with no slowage at all even after 6 hours of playing, and it would still be slow and choppy at that point but who knows.  Im not a programer.. Im an artist.

Tho.. Ive messed with vista some, and it seems like it would be much more suited for that sort of thing then XP

FantasyStrike

It would be cool to have this. Your having a bad day and XP-chan came to cheer you up seems cool.

Xyanide

if cheering up means standing around looking cute? XD
she really doesn't do anything meh

anyway to reply to "Mistercat"s theories, yeah a lot of people like other OS(-tans) more than XP(-tan) i'm a fan of 98SE, fave OS of all and i will support Secchan more than XP-tan of course.
Not that I really hate XP(-tan) but i guess her image is just a bit general

by the way:
WHY isn't the XP-tan desktopmate in the downloads section??

CaptBrenden

Its been glitchy on alot of systems.. but i could have sworn it was in there. -_- Ill look into it. maybe someone still has it to re upload it.

FantasyStrike

If you do find it this would be a happy moment in my life.

C-Chan

Quoteyour talking about C-Chan arnt you?

We could just turn him into bacon already.

GAAAAAH!!  ^0^
I outta turn YOU into,.... er,.......  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'
Whatever food you can turn a heavily-armoured knight thingie into....
Like,... edible scrap metal....  Ã,¬__________Ã,¬

Anyway, the Cat-san is probably not speaking about me, cause despite my unwillingness to give my life, money and soul to M$, I did at least draw an XP-tan before (albeit not to the Cat-san's liking):

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/WinXP-MacOS9-2.jpg

...among other Windows-tans.  Recently even Hacchan and 3.1-sama....  -v-

*glances at Captain*

But in any case, I'll just say this.  ^__^

As the ol' saying goes, "If you want something done, you got to do it yourself".

I saw no Amiga-tan, so I made one. I wanted 95 OSR 2.5-sama to get more exposure, and I did.  And I'm not even an artist, mind you,... I simply used whatever venue I had available to further the cause of OS-tans and JUST OS-tans (with maybe the occasional Rozen Maiden tangent).  -v-

So to corrupt something Yoda once said, "Do,... Or Do Not.... There is no Whine".  `v'

Xyanide

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Its been glitchy on alot of systems.. but i could have sworn it was in there. -_- Ill look into it. maybe someone still has it to re upload it.

Well i just downloaded it and it worked just fine
if it's any good mentioning, I have XP-SP1 (I refuse SP2 since i need to turn off all their added security if i want to use it normally)

CaptBrenden

I know it didnt function right on mine.  I went back to my Kanako from Love Hina window Mascot.