Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

If you thought 98FE was an urban legend how did you account for all the pictures of 98-tan?

Finally found a disk image of Plan 9 that can actually boot in a VM...

Nichi

@Bella: Well, I knew FE had to be real (Otherwise, why call the first version "Windows 98 Second Edition"?), but I had only seen FE once in my life, prior to yesterday, so I began to think I was imagining that one time

NejinOniwa

Dat Amethyst skin. <3

Chara is Ashe from League of Legends,btw.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Why do you have two uTorrent shortcuts?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Pitkin

In case one of them accidentally gets deleted, silly. xD

NejinOniwa

Because uT is just that good Incest.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

This, my friends, is what we call "going off the deep end" with Virtualbox: Windows 2000, XP, and 7 together, with a Vista wallpaper

*laughs evily at the madness that he created*

I may have damaged the space-time continuum doing this, so if you meet your alternate universe gender-flipped counterpart, you know who to blame

Bella

I'm resisting the urge to post an OSception image (CTSS or Unix running in XP running on OSX)...

Nichi

Although my Vista box is not setup yet, I figured I'd share the desktops of the boxes setup on 2k-tan the Desktop right now.

First off, Windows 2000; which I have lovingly named this box "2k-on-2k Mode". This is the one I use most often

Next up is Fedora 16, with the XFCE shell. I wish it could go widescreen, but I first have to remember what my root password it ^_^;;

Then, there's Windows NT 4.0, which runs nicely

Last but not least, Windows XP. There's an army of XP-tan O_O

Bella

Am I the only one with the weird wish that I could body-surf across that army of XP-tans? .__.;

IT'S COLOSSAL CAVE ADVENTURE-TIME!!!

Thanks to the Internet Archive, I found this fantastic emulated PDP-10 system running TOPS-10 with Colossal Cave Adventure (perhaps the first and greatest text-based adventure game ever) installed. This game is also very nostalgic for me - it was the first game I played the first time I interacted with an antique computer via telnet (the Wofford Witch, a public access PDP-8 system).

So, yeah, Adventure running on TOPS-10 running on the SIMH PDP-10 emulator running on Vista running on Snow Leopard (in seamless mode)...

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on December 09, 2011, 01:10:43 PMit was the first game I played the first time I interacted with an antique computer via telnet.

Did you actually do that or are you channelling a dead programmer again?

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on December 09, 2011, 07:10:23 PM
Quote from: Bella on December 09, 2011, 01:10:43 PMit was the first game I played the first time I interacted with an antique computer via telnet.

Did you actually do that or are you channelling a dead programmer again?

I actually did it... here's a screenshot -

Red-Machine

Cool.  And why is there no HyperTerminal client included with Vista?

Bella

I have no idea... I don't think my copy of XP Pro had HyperTerminal either.

PuTTY is a pretty good terminal client though. 

Nichi

Well, I decided to ditch the default XP theme for my setup in Virtualbox in favor of this:

Damn, the Royale Noir theme is sexy...