Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteMacintosh System 7-tan could also be in the A$C. Or at least allied with them. She wants revenge on the Windows-tans, especially 95-tan!

Allied definitely, especially for big operations. Another problem with OS/2 is she doesn't like Macs either.  An unfortunate side effect of M$/IBM's conditioning.

PalmOS - gyaaaaah... I knew you had your own rendition prepped up....  -.-
But she is cute, so that's fine.  -v-

Mac OS 8 - kewl, she has an awesome design!  ^__^
A little Fullmetal Alchemist, a little goth, and blonde hair/bomb to transition perfectly into OS9.
And plus her history details are spot-on, although you're right these Macs have not exactly been angels either.  I don't actually have BeOS did yet on the roadmap since there are still strong efforts to revive the system.  But she is a CIOST members, where there is plenty of access to unconventional technology.  It could certainly add some drama if everyone thought she was left to die, but in fact has been secretly kept alive through some means.  -v-

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

Quote from: "NewYinzer"Sweet! New OS-tans! When the annex project is completed, I'll condense parts and add them to Wikipedia!

Woohoo!!  I'll be sure to switch to making Wiki avi's next.  ^-^

C-Chan added the following  2 hours 47 minutes after last message :

Just remembered that my PalmOS wields a stylus as her "wand", in lieu of CE-tan's USB cable.

So how's a stylus sound as an accessory?  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

Thanks, both of you! ^^

Be OS is still alive?! But didn't Be go out of business?

Yes, Palm OS-tan will have a stylus pen. Sounds good!

And something funny I forgot to mention: My first idea for a Mac OS 8-tan was going to be an old school rapper girl! Because OS 8 is one of the classic Mac OSes and I would have incorporated the platinum interface with the usage of platinum jewelry. Lots of platinum! But then I thought the "battle-scarred girl with automail and bandages" version was better because I could mention her being the current OS when Apple was at their worst but survived.

And here's MS Bob-tan! A dog girl maid whose clumsiness rivals ME-tans! She's an anthro version of Rover, the dog introduced in Bob (who also appears in XP!) and she wears metal armbands and legbands made out of paper clips, reference to one of Microsoft's best known mascots, Clippy the paper clip and it's also makeshift jewelry because MS Bob was far from professional! The big thick glasses are from the Bob logo. She ran away from home when 95-tan's popularity left Bob-tan living in her shadow to fade into obscurity. She's of the wandering class and can never return home. She wants revenge on 95-tan. Macintosh System 7-tan has empathy for her, plenty of it too! Watch out 95-tan!  ;006 (but either one getting revenge is just a distant dream of theirs.)

C-Chan

Hohoho!  ^.^
If every OS-tan died every time her company went out of business, over half the girls on my sig (including my darling Amiga-chan) would've bit the dust years ago! ^v^
But the truth is that the users will ALWAYS be an OS-tan's lifeblood.  Especially in the case of Amiga-chan, it was the users that kept her alive after Commodore flopped, and helped her stage the incredible comeback ultimately culminating into the great version OS4!!
Indeed the tenacity of the Amigans helped her rise like the mighty Phoenix!!!
Bless them all!!  ^V^

*sheds tears of joy*

That's why I recommended not bumping off the original Red Hat, since there are still plenty of people using the non-Enterprise version.  ^__^

MS BOB-tan:  Cute, but dear GAWDS for a minute there I thought she was Tails the Fox.  ^^'
Hatred for 95-tan notwithstanding (seems we're really ganging up on her lately... ^^'), I'm sure it'll be interesting to pair up Bob-chan with NT....  -v-

Aurora Borealis

I was laughing for at least a minute (and still am) when you mentioned MS Bob-tan looking like Tails the fox! *cant' stop... laughing! Hehehehe!*

But then I realize my logic fails. If Redhat-tan got killed off because she was discontinued 2 years ago, I might as well kill off ME-tan (And what is any OS-tan fancomic without ME-tan?!), All the Mac OS-tans (except for OS X and maybe OS 9/Sonata. It'd be especially sad to kill off the Mac OS 8 and System 7-tans because they  survived very difficult hardships but just to get killed off by my logic that fails!?), Bob-tan, and any other discontinued OS-tans that appear in zerOSanity... ;__;

But then again, Redhat-tan wouldn't be killed off because she has a successor and she represents the original and Enterprise versions. But then again, I guess no one is getting killed off unless they are discontinued and don't have a successor (and probably was obscure).

Seeing Bob-tan paired with Inu-T would be very cute, but wouldn't they be rivals?

C-Chan

Quotewas laughing for at least a minute (and still am) when you mentioned MS Bob-tan looking like Tails the fox! *cant' stop... laughing! Hehehehe!*

Fufufu.... I swear she does!  ^v^
All you need is the second tail.  ^-^

But that's a good thing, of course.  Tails was my favorite character back when I could still play Sonic games (never felt much for the hedgehog or the echidna, and never even had the chance to try out Amy.... -_-).

QuoteBut then I realize my logic fails. If Redhat-tan got killed off because she was discontinued 2 years ago, I might as well kill off ME-tan (And what is any OS-tan fancomic without ME-tan?!), All the Mac OS-tans (except for OS X and maybe OS 9/Sonata. It'd be especially sad to kill off the Mac OS 8 and System 7-tans because they survived very difficult hardships but just to get killed off by my logic that fails!?), Bob-tan, and any other discontinued OS-tans that appear in zerOSanity... ;__;

But then again, Redhat-tan wouldn't be killed off because she has a successor and she represents the original and Enterprise versions. But then again, I guess no one is getting killed off unless they are discontinued and don't have a successor (and probably was obscure).

Yoooooooooooou got it!  ^v^
For that matter, kill off Windows 3.11-sama (discontinued years ago), and the Captain'll have your head on a neat silver platter.  ^-^
But in any case, now you got the right perspective.  ^__^

I know I have my list of Deceased -tans, I certainly don't want to pass off as a hypocrite.
But I had a tortorous time coming up with their list and eventually settled on really really old system (GM OS, the first ever recognized OS) or stuff that few people ever really cared for, and even then I made sure that a) they had no major user base anymore, and b) their passing has some impact to the general Annex storyline (e.g., Xenix).  And even then, I may not always keep them dead -- flashbacks, time travel or a Plan 9 scheme can guarantee at least a minor cameo for some of them.  ^.^

QuoteSeeing Bob-tan paired with Inu-T would be very cute, but wouldn't they be rivals?

Well you did say she has a gripe with 95-tan, but I figured it was only with her.  ^__^

I guess they could be rivals.... But then again, they ARE doggies....!  ^v^
And dogs can do either one of two things:  kill eachother or sniff eachothers... well, need I say more....?  ^^'

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Ultimaninja

NewYinzer

Nice Bob-tan! Finally, a tan for Microsoft Bob! Ah, Microsoft Bob. Quite possibly their biggest mistake since Windows ME!

C-Chan

Their biggest mistake... FROM a certain point of view.  ^^'
There's plenty more room for M$ bashing that merits picking on just the poor defenseless underdog.  [Pun intended.  ^__^]

BTW, Aurora... would you mind if I copied and pasted some of your OS-tans descriptions over in the Annex?  It'd be nice to say a little something about all the -tans, though naturally it'll take a while to populate the whole list.  ^^'

C-Chan

Thank you, Aurora.  

And no, thank YOU for drawing all these new OS-tans.  I've always said that the best thing anyone can do is contribute to the community, be it to draw, create cards, advertise to other forums, or just to offer great feedback.  And well it's a given that you've offered quite a lot, so it's our pleasure to help you and respond to your questions.  ^__^

BTW, apart from LOVING 3.2-tan, I have to say I was desperately looking for a Chinese OS-tan.  So she's exactly what the doctor ordered!  ^v^

(Plus the Captain should like her, since she's essentially a Mandarin 3.11-sama.  ^__^)

If you still have time before she makes her appearance, send us the phrases you plan to have her say.  I only know Japanese kanji (and a little at that), but there are certainly translation tools that could help come up with fairly decent Mandarin or Cantonese equivalents.  ^__^

(It may not be perfect, but it's the attempt that matters  -- which is why I never harp down on Japanese anime producers for insisting on using "Engrish" even to this day.  ^^')

SleepyD

I leave this thread alone for a little while....

and...

so many...

Still, really good work, 'Rora.

Now excuse me while my brain explodes or something.

....boom.

Ultimaninja

hmm...one must wonder, if your only giving us some of your artwork with OS-tans...and secretly you send alot more to everyone who pays you...
Case and point:
1. You seem to have time to draw OS-tans AND write a story with them (Suspicious...)
2. You haven't decided to release all your os-tan drawings in one huge downloadable pack.
(kinda makes you wonder what your hiding)

Spill it, you hoarding your drawings??

Aurora Borealis

For the finale, I just wanted to get plenty of OS-tans posted, just like when I started! Not hiding anything. ^^

NewYinzer

A finale, eh? This is the farthest an OS-Tan related comic has gone! Holy cow!

C-Chan

*raises hoof*  Question, Aurora.... ^.^

By "open to suggestions", do you mean you're taking requests?  ^v^

*blushes*  If so, oh the possibilities....  -v-

*squeals in delight*  ^V^