Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

QuoteMy rationale? We don't like bugs, and we think they're small and dumb enough to just do away with. But I began to think-- there could be aliens out there who think the same thing of humans. Now follow me with this-- even though they're small and dumb and powerless by our standards, they still have a right to live out their little lives as long as they don't interfere with mine. XD

QuoteI get yelled at by my female coworkes for not killing giant roaches at work (yes, they appear sometimes), and even more so when I hold them in hand (gardening makes you immune to bug aversion).  ^.^
But while some people may get strength from killing them indiscriminately, I actually feel cowardly for doing so and hence I never do it.  -.-'

I have a huge fear of bugs (except butterflies, caterpillars and dragonflies) so I just run away from them T_T

QuoteSelf-defense is a whole other ballgame, though.  The mosquitoes are technically attacking you AND can afflict nasty diseases, so it's in your natural right to defend yourself.
KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!

QuoteWait...didn't I want to draw a Pu-chan with an bigass automatic weapon picture last year, though...? O.o
Yeah! I remember! I remember that from the Mac Party thread and my response stays the same: DO WANT!!

Quote*light bulb*  Hmmmmmm................. do I have my next picture idea!  *v*
Maybe a FOSA Lite candidate...? ^.^
I approve!

QuoteNope.  On the contrary, learning Debianism is akin to Solaris-sama being FORCED to attend Charm and Beauty School.  She hates it, but she needs it if she want to compete with Linux-sama.  ^^;
I was just about to ask that question!

QuoteI don't drink it that often either, mainly because I much prefer the soothing taste of [sugarless] teas.  ^__^
I always drink my tea without sugar. I think sugar detracts from the taste T_T

QuoteShe's a reporter, so maybe she uses media as her weapon.  If she hates someone, she could easily character-assassinate him/her in every newspaper, morning program and tabloid owned by her company, to the point where he/she will crawl towards a corner and roll into a ball right beside me.  ^^
Oooh! That's as powerful or MORE powerful than nearly any weapon! ;010

QuoteYou hope right!  Adorable and,... strangely unique.  Must be the combination of interesting helmet + single bang + azure eyes, but she's addicting to look at.  Thank you much for drawing her -- if/when I get around to it, I'm sure she'd be prime material for the Binteji Renmei Zerosanity XMAS special panel I'm stil due to work on.  ^^'
Phew. Glad to hear that I succeeded with drawing a cuter GEOS-tan, and the possibility of you adding her in the next ZS XMAS special panel!

Quote*compares current with alter-egos*

Gah?  Wow,... this is less "night and day" and more "apples and needle-nose pliers".  ^^;
BWAHAHAHAHA! The fact that 4.2-tan and 4.4-tan look almost completely different from their original selves (or the other way around) is intentional but there are a few things that link those two girls to their original err... current selves...

QuoteRounded smiles are surprisingly uncommon in Anime -- but since she's mischievious, I'm sure that's less a smile on 5-chan as much as a mischievous smirk.
I was intending to give her an innocent and naive look to deceive people because she is so mischievous, but that works too! :D

QuoteThe frills on her dress do stand out quite a bit.  ^.^
I've been studying a bit on how to draw better frills!

QuoteSystem 6-tan hasn't changed much since we worked on her last, but the new dot pattern on her jacket/built is a great new touch!  Gives her more of the Classic Mac handlebar field, no? ^__^
Yeah! You're almost completely correct, System 6 was the last Mac OS to have extensive use of polka dots in the GUI, at least on the black+white Macs.

And here's an updated Festering Hate-tan; skater-speaking evil metalhead zombie overlord!

NejinOniwa

...erm...black metal. Yeah. I see what you did there ^-^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

QuoteI thought ketchup would have been more effective because it is thicker and looks more like blood! Although I don't think I've ever seen cranberry juice before though

Really? O__o

QuoteThree more chibis, and one of them is new! This is not a repost from about a year ago!

The newcomer is GEOS-tan!

GEOS-tan is a geomancer (for obvious reasons), loves to read and write (in GEOS, there was no scrolling, but items were on pages that can be flipped to/from. GEOS was also a major desktop publishing platform). She is also very resourceful (was revered for what it could do on 8-bit, 1-2 MHz machines with 64-128 Kb of RAM) and efficient (able to take advantage of improvements and add-ons for the systems it ran on) and is a very loyal friend to the Commodore-tans, but is also friends with Apple ][-chan, GS/OS-chan, and ZX Spectrum-chan (because GEOS-tan's abilities really would help ZX Spectrum-tan a lot with her research!)

Her design is based off the original one in the gallery (still has blue hair in a ponytail, grey+white color scheme, the helmet) but wears an officer uniform and has some much-needed cuteness added. I hope.

And here are Macintosh System 5-tan and Macintosh System 6-tan; the two very weird non-human Mac-tans with even weirder alter-egos!

And a repost for comparison, their alter-egos!

GEOS-tan is looking really cute! I remember seeing the original GEOS-tan, but it wasn't very moe, nor did I like it very much. I love her blue hair and eyes, and her helmet and outfit are quite original! And I see she's reading the Art of Geomancy :3

Mac System 5 and 6-tan are looking as beautiful as always! I've always considered Antares-tan one of my favorite classic Mac-tans, so of course I love the improvements to her outfit, like the dot patterning and laced boots. She's actually looking quite pensive here, too.

System 5-tan is very cute as well. I love the bows and ruffles on her dress, and there's something about her cropped haircut I like a lot. I really like how you did the eyes on both, as well-- they're very pretty!

QuoteI get yelled at by my female coworkes for not killing giant roaches at work (yes, they appear sometimes), and even more so when I hold them in hand (gardening makes you immune to bug aversion). ^.^
But while some people may get strength from killing them indiscriminately, I actually feel cowardly for doing so and hence I never do it. -.-'

Self-defense is a whole other ballgame, though. The mosquitoes are technically attacking you AND can afflict nasty diseases, so it's in your natural right to defend yourself.

Cockroaches? Gyeesh, where'da work-- the DEC Maynard facility?! (Vague DEC trivia, the old mill was overrun with all sorts of creepy crawlies and all the workers carried bug spray!)

Most bugs I encounter I try not to kill. Only biting bugs and disease-spreading bugs (like flies buzzing around while there's food out) meet my wrath.

Quote*light bulb* Hmmmmmm................. do I have my next picture idea! *v*
Maybe a FOSA Lite candidate...? ^.^

Pu-chan with automatic weapon FTW!!!!

Oh wait...do you mean the iPod-tan idea...?

QuoteNope. On the contrary, learning Debianism is akin to Solaris-sama being FORCED to attend Charm and Beauty School. She hates it, but she needs it if she want to compete with Linux-sama. ^^;

Now THAT would make a funny little comic. XD

QuoteFunny that I don't think of coffee as "coffee" but instead as "tea of coffee bean". ^.^

I don't drink it that often either, mainly because I much prefer the soothing taste of [sugarless] teas. ^__^
White tea is my favorite of the true teas, but I have several favorites among the herbal and fruit categories, such as peppermint, lemongrass, plum, lime, noni, etc.

The best coffee substitute, btw, is matte:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate

Slightly similar to black tea (but heavier in taste), it has the equivalent caffeine content of coffee without the druggy after effects (just be sure not to overdose ^^'). It's an acquired taste by itself, but with a dash of lime it's fan-tas-tic! ^v^

While not the case before, it's pretty common now to find it selling in the States.

Ah, I've never been to keen on hot black or green tea, but for some reason I don't really mind iced green tea. Chamomile's probably one of my favorite herbal teas, and mint is good, but I like just about any kind of fruit tea (especially anything with blueberry or raspberry) :3

QuoteNot necessarily... there are defenseless OS-tans after all. ^^

She's a reporter, so maybe she uses media as her weapon. If she hates someone, she could easily character-assassinate him/her in every newspaper, morning program and tabloid owned by her company, to the point where he/she will crawl towards a corner and roll into a ball right beside me. ^^

A case of the pen being mightier than the sword, huh?

QuoteI have a huge fear of bugs (except butterflies, caterpillars and dragonflies) so I just run away from them T_T

Caterpillars actually freak me out a bit...aren't some poisonous...O.O

QuoteYeah! I remember! I remember that from the Mac Party thread and my response stays the same: DO WANT!!

Oh, now it's a consensus...hmmm....I'll see what I can do.

*goes off to search for pictures of HUEG guns*

QuoteI always drink my tea without sugar. I think sugar detracts from the taste T_T

True that. Why is it that everybody thinks everything tastes better with sugar? Or salt, butter, etc... :?

QuoteBWAHAHAHAHA! The fact that 4.2-tan and 4.4-tan look almost completely different from their original selves (or the other way around) is intentional but there are a few things that link those two girls to their original err... current selves including a thing or two that could be dead giveaways...

4.2-tan still has her hair in a shade of purple, wears a white shirt with a black hood and she can still use magic and carries around her wand. And she is still the same height (although she wears high heels)?

4.4-tan still wears sunglasses, has her original hair color and eye colors; the latter of which is a dead giveaway to her identity!

While their alter-egos are cute and all, I personally like their original selves quite a bit more. ;)

QuoteI've been studying a bit on how to draw better frills!

And it really shows! Great job!

QuoteAnd here's an updated Festering Hate-tan; psycho, skater-speaking evil metalhead zombie overlord!

Haha! Festering Hate-tan is almost cartoonishly super-evil. In a good kinda way, that is.

Would never think of her as the type to pal around with the likes of the former heir to the Unix thrown, but then again I'm sure Plan 9-sama wouldn't be able to say no to befriending a zombie.

It's still a bit hard for me to conceptualize an evil skater (most skate-and-snowboarders are as docile and mischievous as kittens), but then again I'm sure there's a few of them out there. Same goes for metalheads, ironically; but I don't know if I can say the same of zombies ^^

C-Chan

Fufufu... sorry, a bit on the run today.  ^___^

*starts replying in Fast Forward mode*

QuoteAnd here's an updated Festering Hate-tan; skater-speaking evil metalhead zombie overlord!

Kukuku!  As I always say, any friend of Plan9-sama is a friend of mine.  ^^

Wait, is that right...?  ¬¬

Well whatever,... the girl has spunk and the character concept is very clever.  The microchibis are of course to die for.  ^.^

QuoteCockroaches? Gyeesh, where'da work-- the DEC Maynard facility?! (Vague DEC trivia, the old mill was overrun with all sorts of creepy crawlies and all the workers carried bug spray!)

Fufufu... now I remember the scene in your comic where the DEC girls were pushing boats across the flooded hallway.  ^^

It's just your usual crappy office building, so infestations are surprisingly common especially since people bring food all the time.  There was even a mouse sometime last year. 

Course, it pales in comparison to the dusty, moldy disgusting HVAC system (and I imagine also the waterworks).  It's ironic that the newer the building is, the more unhealthy its climate control seems to be.  -.-'

QuotePu-chan with automatic weapon FTW!!!!

Oh wait...do you mean the iPod-tan idea...?

Meant the automatic weapon, but here's a better idea:

THE PU-CHAN LIBERATION ARMY!!!!!!  ^V^

I don't think I need to say more.  ^__^'

QuoteA case of the pen being mightier than the sword, huh?

Correct.  ^.^
As we've seen in modern history, the pen can turn heroes into haggards and villains into victims.  ^^

Course... when the pen fails... I don't think OS-9 would be totally helpless.

When she becomes the cornered cat, I'm sure she can use her mic as a nunchaku.  ^.^;

QuoteOh, now it's a consensus...hmmm....I'll see what I can do.

*goes off to search for pictures of HUEG guns*

Points to Yoko-sensei's.  ^________^

=================

Okay, onto the next one!  ^.^

*leaves thread*

Bella

QuoteFufufu... now I remember the scene in your comic where the DEC girls were pushing boats across the flooded hallway. ^^

Oh yeah, the Maynard facility was also very weather-prone. People had to supply their own umbrellas and tarps O__o

QuoteIt's just your usual crappy office building, so infestations are surprisingly common especially since people bring food all the time. There was even a mouse sometime last year.

Course, it pales in comparison to the dusty, moldy disgusting HVAC system (and I imagine also the waterworks). It's ironic that the newer the building is, the more unhealthy its climate control seems to be. -.-'

Course there's gonna be mice in an office building-- duh, what else are you gonna use to control you GUIs?

QuoteMeant the automatic weapon, but here's a better idea:

THE PU-CHAN LIBERATION ARMY!!!!!! ^V^

I don't think I need to say more. ^__^'

Uhmm....Pu-chan leading an army of iPod-tans...?

QuoteCorrect. ^.^
As we've seen in modern history, the pen can turn heroes into haggards and villains into victims. ^^

Course... when the pen fails... I don't think OS-9 would be totally helpless.

When she becomes the cornered cat, I'm sure she can use her mic as a nunchaku. ^.^;

Haha! I was gonna suggest her great defensive ability could be to hit someone with her microphone XD

QuotePoints to Yoko-sensei's. ^________^

Maybe not THAT big...VxWork-tan's gun, yeah, but Pu-chan couldn't possibly handle that :3

http://images.hobbytron.com/CM-CM023-lg.jpg

I know it's just an airgun, but maybe something like this would work good in the Puma-chan picture. Unless you wanna go old-skool Mac Mobster...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Submachine_gun_M1928_Thompson.jpg/800px-Submachine_gun_M1928_Thompson.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"
Oh yeah, the Maynard facility was also very weather-prone. People had to supply their own umbrellas and tarps O__o
They really needed to upgrade their infrastructure ;014

Course there's gonna be mice in an office building-- duh, what else are you gonna use to control you GUIs?
Ahahahaha! XD

Haha! I was gonna suggest her great defensive ability could be to hit someone with her microphone XD
I imagine that would hurt! Not that I've ever been hit on the head with a microphone of anything! ^_^

Maybe not THAT big...VxWork-tan's gun, yeah, but Pu-chan couldn't possibly handle that :3

http://images.hobbytron.com/CM-CM023-lg.jpg

I know it's just an airgun, but maybe something like this would work good in the Puma-chan picture. Unless you wanna go old-skool Mac Mobster...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Submachine_gun_M1928_Thompson.jpg/800px-Submachine_gun_M1928_Thompson.jpg
Are you going to be drawing that Mac-tans with guns group pic you suggested months ago?

Aurora Borealis

Here's "Random OS-tan doodles #4"!

EDIT: And here is the finished, revamped picture of 95 OSR 2.1-tan I drew to introduce her, back in Aug 2007!

Bella

QuoteHere's "Random OS-tan doodles #4"!

I love random doodles! They're fun...

Snowmen...? Yeah, that is a bit odd. ^^'

I lol'd at System 6-tan's remark about ANTI-tan. Slashdot-tan candy hoarding is cute, and I approve of your new updates for Smoking Gun-tan. :)

QuoteEDIT: And here is the finished, revamped picture of 95 OSR 2.1-tan I drew to introduce her, back in Aug 2007!

I really can't put my finger on any one reason why, but I've always loved OSR 2.1-tan. While all of your designs are original and very cute in a Aurora-signature way, there's something about OSR 2.1-tan that has always stood out for me...is it her outfit? Her hair decorations and bow? IIRC, she's an archer, and I've always liked archery...so maybe that's it.

This rendition is gorgeous, right down to the details on her vest, shoes and the golden buttons and buckles. Physically, she's very sweet and peaceful looking...I just love her serene eyes and smile.  ;010

C-Chan

*stares at Windows 95 OSR 2.1-sama*

...Okay, that just does it for me.  @.@

*MEGA SWOONS!!!!!!!!*

Added after 30 minutes:

Snowman ME-chan = CUTE AND CLEVER!!!!!!  ^v^
Reminds me a bit of how I want my upcoming Dango OS-tans to look like.  ^^

Foobies+XP = Better late than never.
Come on, those two were destined to meet.  ^^

System 6 + ANTI = Comic replacement?  I know you wanted to work them into a Flashback Chronicle story, but wonder if you changed your mind?  Still funny, though.  ^.^

Smoking Gun Redux = Mega Megane.  ^.^

Bratty Slashdot = Dentist Bait  ^___^

New and Improved Windows 95 OSR 2.1-sama = C-chan Bride #.... oh, I lost count.  ^.^;

*douses self in crazy glue and joyfully leaps toward her*  >>>>v<<<<<

I really can't put my finger on any one reason why, but I've always loved OSR 2.1-tan. While all of your designs are original and very cute in a Aurora-signature way, there's something about OSR 2.1-tan that has always stood out for me...is it her outfit? Her hair decorations and bow? IIRC, she's an archer, and I've always liked archery...so maybe that's it.

This rendition is gorgeous, right down to the details on her vest, shoes and the golden buttons and buckles. Physically, she's very sweet and peaceful looking...I just love her serene eyes and smile.

Fufufu!  Took the words right out of my mouth!  ^.^
Or maybe Bella-hime snuck in at night, popped open my head and scooped my thoughts out of my brain Hannibal Lecter-style -- cause that absolutely NAILS IT!!  ^v^

Is it any wonder why I think her and her little sister OSR 2.5-sama are probably the only Windows-tans I'd be willing to worship?  ^^

Incidentally, I was thinking about her not long ago....

I've always wanted to draw an elegant rendition of her, perhaps to be paired alongside the one I did with OSR 2.5-sama last year.  That may no longer be possible, but I still wanted to offer my thoughts on her bow.

A Yumi (=Japanese bow) of course is a little on the tall side:

It would make for real cool and elegant poses (just her thing), but of course would be too impractical for her to carry around.  Precisely because of her hermitage, I'm sure she goes outside a lot more often than people would think and would likely need the mobility.  Besides, she also strikes me as preferring not to show off her weapon of choice at all times.

Therefore, being the creative tinkerer that she is, I feel her Yumi should be a hybrid bamboo-metallic one she built herself that has the ability to retract into a compact size.

When retracted, the limbs of the bow would be hinged downward perpendicular to the grip,... imagine a long and narrow horseshoe shape:

...while the string could be fastened to a retractable hook on the grip to avoid tangling.  This she can place conveniently behind her back, under her long skirt, or in the same quiver as her arrows.

In a pinch, she can grab the Yumi by the grip, press a button, and both limbs and string will WHIP back into standard position with the right tensil strength, all ready to fire in an instant.  

Not that she would ever use this much,  but figured a steampunk-inspired gal like her could use something a little different.  ^__^

Bella

QuoteFufufu! Took the words right out of my mouth! ^.^
Or maybe Bella-hime snuck in at night, popped open my head and scooped my thoughts out of my brain Hannibal Lecter-style -- cause that absolutely NAILS IT!! ^v^

Nah, let's not get carried away. I only use a very mild form of long-range telepathy, that's all. ^^

QuoteIs it any wonder why I think her and her little sister OSR 2.5-sama are probably the only Windows-tans I'd be willing to worship? ^^

I still like worshiping NT-sama, though I'm sorry of the travesty that has been done to her noble bloodline. >___<

QuoteIncidentally, I was thinking about her not long ago....

I've always wanted to draw an elegant rendition of her, perhaps to be paired alongside the one I did with OSR 2.5-sama last year. That may no longer be possible, but I still wanted to offer my thoughts on her bow.

It would make for real cool and elegant poses (just her thing), but of course would be too impractical for her to carry around. Precisely because of her hermitage, I'm sure she goes outside a lot more often than people would think and would likely need the mobility. Besides, she also strikes me as preferring not to show off her weapon of choice at all times.

Therefore, being the creative tinkerer that she is, I feel her Yumi should be a hybrid bamboo-metallic one she built herself that has the ability to retract into a compact size.

When retracted, the limbs of the bow would be hinged downward perpendicular to the grip,... imagine a long and narrow horseshoe shape:

...while the string could be fastened to a retractable hook on the grip to avoid tangling. This she can place conveniently behind her back, under her long skirt, or in the same quiver as her arrows.

In a pinch, she can grab the Yumi by the grip, press a button, and both limbs and string will WHIP back into standard position with the right tensil strength, all ready to fire in an instant.

Not that she would ever use this much, but figured a steampunk-inspired gal like her could use something a little different. ^__^

Wow! Awesome! Now I want to do a drawing of her with a Yumi...

*checks Queue*

...ummmm.....may...be...not...TT

C-Chan

QuoteWow! Awesome! Now I want to do a drawing of her with a Yumi...

*checks Queue*

...ummmm.....may...be...not...TT

*resists temptation to draw one himself*

Admittedly, I already fulfilled TWO outstanding promises in one week -- a new C-chan record.  ^.^'

If I can finish the Dango storyboards and... that other thing I promised [fufufu...] ... then maybe,... just maybe,... I can indulge in the fantasy of drawing her.  At least a vector sketch.... -v-

Then again, if pipe dreams are the name of the game, I'd rather pipe dream about finishing the Commodore pic or z/OS-sama.  ^^

Bella

Quote*resists temptation to draw one himself*

Admittedly, I already fulfilled TWO outstanding promises in one week -- a new C-chan record. ^.^'

If I can finish the Dango storyboards and... that other thing I promised [fufufu...] ... then maybe,... just maybe,... I can indulge in the fantasy of drawing her. At least a vector sketch.... -v-

Then again, if pipe dreams are the name of the game, I'd rather pipe dream about finishing the Commodore pic or z/OS-sama. ^^

I have the temptation to draw the BIGGEST, most complex group pic ever featuring half of the CIOST on the deck of their submarine. It would be incredibly shoddy in a lot of ways-- I'd want it to look a lot like a screenshot right from an anime, but good enough to get across the point (think like the DEC group pic).

And I keep going back to thinking about my comic, and finishing it...oh lawd what have I gotten myself into -___-;

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: BellaSnowmen...? Yeah, that is a bit odd. ^^'
Yeah, I know :D

QuoteI lol'd at System 6-tan's remark about ANTI-tan.
I chuckled out loud drawing that! But surely she is not the only one who thinks that ANTI-tan is scary enough to go as her self for halloween!

QuoteSlashdot-tan candy hoarding is cute, and I approve of your new updates for Smoking Gun-tan. :)
I updated my rendition of The Smoking Gun-tan to make her look younger and I think it worked!

QuoteI really can't put my finger on any one reason why, but I've always loved OSR 2.1-tan. While all of your designs are original and very cute in a Aurora-signature way, there's something about OSR 2.1-tan that has always stood out for me...is it her outfit? Her hair decorations and bow? IIRC, she's an archer, and I've always liked archery...so maybe that's it.
I really like how OSR 2.1-tan turned out and she's my favorite of the Windows-tans (along with OSR 2.5-tan and 3.1-tan, followed by 1.0-chan and 2.0-chan and Secchan). Pretty amazing that an OS-tan representing such an unremarkable OS variant (OSR 2.1 introduced USB support to Windows but did not work well until Windows 98 ) could become such a remarkable character!

QuoteThis rendition is gorgeous, right down to the details on her vest, shoes and the golden buttons and buckles. Physically, she's very sweet and peaceful looking...I just love her serene eyes and smile.  ;010
Thanks! Although she does look sweet, watch out! Her inventions backfire often (not that she ever intends for that)!

Quote from: C-ChanSnowman ME-chan = CUTE AND CLEVER!!!!!!  ^v^
Reminds me a bit of how I want my upcoming Dango OS-tans to look like.  ^^
Ohh... If I had read this part throughly, I could have somewhat known what to expect for the storyboard!

QuoteFoobies+XP = Better late than never.
Come on, those two were destined to meet.  ^^
Absolutely! ;006

QuoteSystem 6 + ANTI = Comic replacement?  I know you wanted to work them into a Flashback Chronicle story, but wonder if you changed your mind?  Still funny, though.  ^.^
I canceled that story idea because of its extreme difficulty to me. A bummer too because I had a lot of the story planned out and it was going to be funny, sappy and violent throughout different parts of the story. But it was the violent fight scenes I am unable to draw.

QuoteBratty Slashdot = Dentist Bait  ^___^
That reminds me of a 'discussion' that was had in literature class recently about the origins of Halloween. I explained in quite a bit of detail its origins, and my teacher said "But I thought Halloween was invented by dentists for extra profits!" XD

QuoteNew and Improved Windows 95 OSR 2.1-sama = C-chan Bride #.... oh, I lost count.  ^.^;

*douses self in crazy glue and joyfully leaps toward her*  >>>>v<<<<<
Thanks! I take it that she is one of your favorite Windows-tans too?

QuoteFufufu!  Took the words right out of my mouth!  ^.^
Or maybe Bella-hime snuck in at night, popped open my head and scooped my thoughts out of my brain Hannibal Lecter-style -- cause that absolutely NAILS IT!!  ^v^
Let's put it this way... Great minds think alike!

QuoteIs it any wonder why I think her and her little sister OSR 2.5-sama are probably the only Windows-tans I'd be willing to worship?  ^^
As I said, two of the most unremarkable Windows OS variants have two awesome OS-tans!

QuoteIncidentally, I was thinking about her not long ago....

I've always wanted to draw an elegant rendition of her, perhaps to be paired alongside the one I did with OSR 2.5-sama last year.  That may no longer be possible, but I still wanted to offer my thoughts on her bow.

http://www.topics-mag.com/edition5/images-archery/archery_5.jpg

It would make for real cool and elegant poses (just her thing), but of course would be too impractical for her to carry around.  Precisely because of her hermitage, I'm sure she goes outside a lot more often than people would think and would likely need the mobility.  Besides, she also strikes me as preferring not to show off her weapon of choice at all times.

...while the string could be fastened to a retractable hook on the grip to avoid tangling.  This she can place conveniently behind her back, under her long skirt, or in the same quiver as her arrows.

Not that she would ever use this much,  but figured a steampunk-inspired gal like her could use something a little different.  ^__^
That is really clever and suits her character perfectly! ;010
---

Here is a preview of a picture I am currently working on. BWAHAHAHA! :D :

Bella

QuoteI updated my rendition of The Smoking Gun-tan to make her look younger and I think it worked!

Yeah, Smoking Gun-tan was always a bit on the....oldish looking side. It worked for her character, but the newer version is a lot more...moe. ^^;

QuoteI really like how OSR 2.1-tan turned out and she's my favorite of the Windows-tans (along with OSR 2.5-tan and 3.1-tan, followed by 1.0-chan and 2.0-chan and Secchan). Pretty amazing that an OS-tan representing such an unremarkable OS variant (OSR 2.1 introduced USB support to Windows but did not work well until Windows 98 ) could become such a remarkable character!

Yeah, if you hadn't pointed out OSR 2.1, I probably never would have even known of it's existence. She's one of my favorite Windows-tans (the others being NT-sama, XP Pro-tan, 2.0-tan, and maybe Inu-T.)

It takes somebody of your creativity to make such a overlookable OS and turn it into such a unique OS-tan!
Thanks! Although she does look sweet, watch out! Her inventions backfire often (not that she ever intends for that)!

Hah...that could get dangerous...

QuoteOhh... If I had read this part throughly, I could have somewhat known what to expect for the storyboard!

I Googled Dangos and came up with this...

....so I admit I was a bit spoiled. And made very hungry for some! @@

QuoteI canceled that story idea because of its extreme difficulty to me. A bummer too because I had a lot of the story planned out and it was going to be funny, sappy and violent throughout different parts of the story. But it was the violent fight scenes I am unable to draw.

You could've just skipped over the fight scenes...using a bit of creative storytelling, you could have forgone them without losing too much. (Perhaps just showing the aftermath or whatever).

I admit that I too have always had some problems with violent scenes...not so much the violence itself, mind you, just capturing them with speed and choreographing the movements of the characters well. That's what always plagued me with my first comic...

QuoteThat reminds me of a 'discussion' that was had in literature class recently about the origins of Halloween. I explained in quite a bit of detail its origins, and my teacher said "But I thought Halloween was invented by dentists for extra profits!" XD

Haha! Sounds like you have a pretty funny teacher, there.

QuoteLet's put it this way... Great minds think alike!

Nah, nah, just my telepathy at work. I had a cousin who spent a few months living with us, and by the end of summer we could practically finish each others' sentences (or insults...we didn't exactly get along famously). ^^

QuoteHere is a preview of a picture I am currently working on. BWAHAHAHA! :

ZOMFG!!!! GYAAAHH!!! THE INPENDING GLOMPAGE I HAVE IN STORE FOR YOU WILL BREAK EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY!!!!!!!!

*stops*

...Oh...wait...you're one of my decidedly rare constants....I can't have you in traction...^^;

I WILL INSTEAD UBER-SWOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!

I seem that you're using C-Chan's original (and very gorgeous) vector sketch of Unix-sama as a basis for the outfit and hairstyle. Just as well, I always liked that picture a lot. The eyes are beautifully done, and her expression (especially that smile) really conveys a lot of slyness and mischief. Wonderful-- I'm waiting with baited breath to see where this is going! :D

C-Chan

QuoteAnd I keep going back to thinking about my comic, and finishing it...oh lawd what have I gotten myself into -___-;

You and me both, sister.  ^^

QuoteI really like how OSR 2.1-tan turned out and she's my favorite of the Windows-tans (along with OSR 2.5-tan and 3.1-tan, followed by 1.0-chan and 2.0-chan and Secchan). Pretty amazing that an OS-tan representing such an unremarkable OS variant (OSR 2.1 introduced USB support to Windows but did not work well until Windows 98 ) could become such a remarkable character!

More amazing is that OSR 2.1-sama wasn't even a real character to begin with -- just a casual reference in a very obscure Japanese comic strip.  ^.^

And it thought it was miraculous enough that OSR 2.5-sama would get any kind of limelight. ^__^

QuoteOhh... If I had read this part throughly, I could have somewhat known what to expect for the storyboard!

I think it works better than stick figures, cause at least the intentionally-simple design is meant to be cute.  ^.^

QuoteI canceled that story idea because of its extreme difficulty to me. A bummer too because I had a lot of the story planned out and it was going to be funny, sappy and violent throughout different parts of the story. But it was the violent fight scenes I am unable to draw.

Not to say you couldn't, but I've seen your style and had a taste of your personality for almost three years and,... yeah, it just doesn't seem conducive.  Your a peace-time drawer and that's what I like about you.  ^__^

QuoteThat reminds me of a 'discussion' that was had in literature class recently about the origins of Halloween. I explained in quite a bit of detail its origins, and my teacher said "But I thought Halloween was invented by dentists for extra profits!" XD

BWAHAHAHA!  >v<
On a side note, in explaining the origin of halloween, hope you left out the part about witches and their brooms. ^^;

QuoteHere is a preview of a picture I am currently working on. BWAHAHAHA!  :

OMG!!!!!! ULTRA GIGA SWOONAGE!!!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>v<<<<<<<<

*ultra giga swoon*

QuoteYeah, Smoking Gun-tan was always a bit on the....oldish looking side. It worked for her character, but the newer version is a lot more...moe. ^^;

*timidly raises hand in agreement*  ^___^;

QuoteYeah, if you hadn't pointed out OSR 2.1, I probably never would have even known of it's existence. She's one of my favorite Windows-tans (the others being NT-sama, XP Pro-tan, 2.0-tan, and maybe Inu-T.)

I'm still trying to find the original comic that references her... I know it's around here somewhere....  -.-

QuoteI Googled Dangos and came up with this...

....so I admit I was a bit spoiled. And made very hungry for some! @@

On the other hand, now I know where you got the snowman reference from. ^__^

QuoteYou could've just skipped over the fight scenes...using a bit of creative storytelling, you could have forgone them without losing too much. (Perhaps just showing the aftermath or whatever).

I admit that I too have always had some problems with violent scenes...not so much the violence itself, mind you, just capturing them with speed and choreographing the movements of the characters well. That's what always plagued me with my first comic...

Or conversely, if you really wanted, you could have also lightened the tone of the comic too.  ^^

QuoteZOMFG!!!! GYAAAHH!!! THE INPENDING GLOMPAGE I HAVE IN STORE FOR YOU WILL BREAK EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY!!!!!!!!

*stops*

...Oh...wait...you're one of my decidedly rare constants....I can't have you in traction...^^;

You and me both, sister.  ^___^

While have to have ourselves a good, ol' fashioned co-Swoonage.  ^.^

QuoteI WILL INSTEAD UBER-SWOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!

See what I mean?  ^___^

QuoteI seem that you're using C-Chan's original (and very gorgeous) vector sketch of Unix-sama as a basis for the outfit and hairstyle. Just as well, I always liked that picture a lot. The eyes are beautifully done, and her expression (especially that smile) really conveys a lot of slyness and mischief. Wonderful-- I'm waiting with baited breath to see where this is going!

I was a little worried that vector sketch was a little dated too, but then that one always remained a sketch.

Kind of ironic that, with the exception of my first sketch and that sketch, the only other drawing of the goddess that I did was in that little Zerosanity XMAS panel where she appears [blasphemously] as a chibi.  ^^;

Definitely without you two, I'd be a lost cause.  ^__^