Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Here's a calculator-tan in progress, Commodore Minuteman-tan!

BWAHAHA!!  ^v^
The Commodore military heritage surprisingly stretches back much farther back than previously anticipated! ^.^

She's not bad,.. pretty cute in a 1700's kinda way.  ^__^
Still not feeling the hold Calculator-tan notion, though, although it's likely short minded on my part since the same could be said of Game Console-tans.  ^^;

For her backstory, she was around to teach other Commodore calculator-tans as well as PET-tan and VIC20-tan (and maybe C64-tan) but left afterwards, because she felt like they didn't need her anymore. She did get along with the relatives she met before leaving but suddenly felt useless and unnecessary, seeing how incredibly successful her computer relatives were. Not sure what her whereabouts would be today though.

Aaah!  There we go. ^^
Backstory is actually not all that dissimilar from ][-chan's fate, and most modern PCs would surely liken the Apple ][ to a glorified calculator.

Oh... how youth is wasted on the young.  ^____^

Ha! For all your love of Key stuff, just don't get your hopes up for Clannad. It's MEH.

Too late, I'm getting it.  Shouldn't have mentioned it.  :P
Besides, I only really liked Kanon.  Did not like Air,.. or certainly not the latter half of the series.

And at times I feel that they're overdoing it on the cute factor, right down to the mothers.  8D

I like your ideas for ChibiRTOS; I had some ideas for her attitude and physical looks, but nothing solid...

(don't mind the terrible quality, I snapped off a pic rather than scan it)

Actually, the sketch does kinda remind me more of Chibiusa than Pinoko (at least compared to the screenshot you posted). Surely its cause of the uber large pigtails.  O__o

I guess both would be very small and child-like, despite being rather old (I think Pinoko is 18 or some years old). And being a RT OS, Chibi-tan would have to be very competent and smart...belying her youthful and cheery attitude.

On the other hand, that practically describes HALF of the Binteji Renmei members...... to the letter....... ^____^;;;;

*stares at ][-chan, PET-chan, AtariDOS-chan, etc*

Yep, they're all 30 years young by now.  ^.^

Even weirder is the Commodore calculators used some parts manufactured by TI, and that TI made a home computer in the early 1980's to compete against the Commodore computers!

TI's home computer, TI-99/4A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_TI-99/4A

It's a fine balance between profit and outdoing the competition.
Micro$oft plays it now whenever it releases a version of M$ Office for the Mac, or by Apple maintaining versions of iTunes and Safari for Windows.  In both cases, they help out the competition a little in exchange for greater profit in the long term.

And here is the DexOS-tan pic, finished!

*sniffs around for ant farm*

Awww, don't see it.  ^o^

This is a very nifty ink job over the previous sketch and certainly helps highlight the androidic nature of the ant girl.  ^^

The platform shoes though could probably be a little taller -- as they are now, they only look like regular waffle pattern boots.

And my, with her dimensions, she'd probably be very tiny and scrawny at 60cm.  Heck, even QDOS-chan could probably toss her about like a doll.  ^^;

Times like these call for a much needed counterpoint.  ^__^

*dials Barbie Linux-tan's number*

*wags tail expectantly*

Bella

QuoteVery cute! And it is still of good quality despite not being scanned!

QuoteI like that too!

Thank you!

QuoteEven weirder is the Commodore calculators used some parts manufactured by TI, and that TI made a home computer in the early 1980's to compete against the Commodore computers!

TI's home computer, TI-99/4A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_TI-99/4A

Hmmm, I've seen TI calculators, but I didn't know they made home computers. Another interesting bit of trivia!

QuoteAnd here is the DexOS-tan pic, finished!

I'll give you a lot points for originality, that's for sure...DEXos-tan is suitably futuristic and funky looking to represent the OS very well.

Good call on making her an android/cyborg ;)

QuoteShe's not bad,.. pretty cute in a 1700's kinda way. ^__^
Still not feeling the hold Calculator-tan notion, though, although it's likely short minded on my part since the same could be said of Game Console-tans. ^^;

But if you think about it, a lot of very old computer OSes were probably no better than complex calculation programs themselves. I think it's always fun to design something new every once and awhile...

QuoteToo late, I'm getting it. Shouldn't have mentioned it. :P
Besides, I only really liked Kanon. Did not like Air,.. or certainly not the latter half of the series.

And at times I feel that they're overdoing it on the cute factor, right down to the mothers. 8D

Ah, I've been looking for an interesting anime series to watch lately. Thing is, I'm have a bit of a short attention span...unless it's a really good series, I usually lose interest around the tenth or so episode O__o

A few of my favorite shows have had a lot of episodes, but most of my absolute favorites have had under 24 episodes (13 or 14 seems to be my lucky number, at any rate) :P

The most recent anime I've seen, however, was Voices From a Distant Star. The character design was a bit strange, I didn't really like the 3D stuff on the mechas and spacecraft, but it was really sweet and touching :..)

QuoteActually, the sketch does kinda remind me more of Chibiusa than Pinoko (at least compared to the screenshot you posted). Surely its cause of the uber large pigtails. O__o

Whaaa, you're right. Oh well...

C-Chan

Ah, I've been looking for an interesting anime series to watch lately. Thing is, I'm have a bit of a short attention span...unless it's a really good series, I usually lose interest around the tenth or so episode O__o

Fufufu... if you can survive up to the 10th episode of Kanon, you're gravy.  ^^

It DOES start off very slow, so expect the first six episodes or so to instill in you such deep, instrospective musings such as "Huh?" and "Is this going somewhere?".  Like most Anime of its kind, once the ball gets rolling, say goodbye to your fingernails.  ^.^;

A few of my favorite shows have had a lot of episodes, but most of my absolute favorites have had under 24 episodes (13 or 14 seems to be my lucky number, at any rate) :P

Opposite in my case,... all my favorite series have always been looooong.  ^__^

(thinks back to good ol' days of Slayers and Saber Marionette)

However, I do hate it when loooooong series end quite craaaaapily.
Last Exile and Macross Frontier are two such series that spent oodles of time and effort building up and intriguing story,... only to end it in a final episode that looked like someone in the Editing Room accidentally left the Fast Forward button pressed in.  T___T

The most recent anime I've seen, however, was Voices From a Distant Star. The character design was a bit strange, I didn't really like the 3D stuff on the mechas and spacecraft, but it was really sweet and touching :..)

And motivational... that was one of the first series that got me interested in creating my own Anime drawings. ^___^

You... uh,... did know that the entire 30-minute movie was created by just a single person, correct?

(well,... two people if you count the actress, although the original voice actress was the guy's wife... ^.^)

Bella

QuoteOpposite in my case,... all my favorite series have always been looooong. ^__^

(thinks back to good ol' days of Slayers and Saber Marionette)

However, I do hate it when loooooong series end quite craaaaapily.
Last Exile and Macross Frontier are two such series that spent oodles of time and effort building up and intriguing story,... only to end it in a final episode that looked like someone in the Editing Room accidentally left the Fast Forward button pressed in. T___T

Ah, the terrible ending. Those are annoying, though, when I see a show going downhill I usually jump ship... :P

QuoteAnd motivational... that was one of the first series that got me interested in creating my own Anime drawings. ^___^

Wow! What an interesting fun fact. It was actually this site that made me realize I had to...absolutely had to...learn how to draw anime-style artwork. Yeah, I had been a fan of anime for a very long time, even before I realized what it really was (thinking back to my Pokemon and Speed Racer fandom). I had done a bit of fanart and fan-ficking (if you can call it that, my friends and I used to make up stories about our favorite Pokemon), and I've always loved the style of drawing and animation in anime, but I had never really made serious attempts at learning the intricacies of this art.

But the instant I stumbled upon this site, I knew I had to. And it's been one of the most challenging and interesting artistic journeys I've had the pleasure to take part in.

Geez, I'm starting to go on soliloquies about everything. ^///^

QuoteYou... uh,... did know that the entire 30-minute movie was created by just a single person, correct?

(well,... two people if you count the actress, although the original voice actress was the guy's wife... ^.^)

I knew it had a small production staff, but-- Wow! That's incredible!

C-Chan

Sorry all, still laying seige to Bella's manga thread.  ^.^
Will be done soon.  ^__~

In the meantime, here's some homework for said Bella-hime....

Visit the wiki page for Hoshi no Koe (Voice of a Distant Star), then rewatch the movie keeping the new facts about it in mind.  Remember what I've always said about context being just as important, if not more so, then the artwork itself, and see if that significantly improves your outlook on the movie.

Given the context of its creation, I think it's a masterpiece and a remarkable technical achievement.  ^___^

And given the context of his second production, I've not nearly as happy with it.... T__T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Place_Promised_in_Our_Early_Days

...but at least it had some remarkable artwork, I'll give it that.  -___-'

Aurora Borealis

I was originally saving this idea for a ZS page, but I felt like drawing it right away when I got the idea... COFFEE POOL PARTY!!

Rhapsody-tan (one of Solaris-tan's closest friends and regular customers) goes to order a cup of coffee but she and Solaris-tan notice it is occupied... And not just occupied by coffee either!

The Damn Small-tans and a tiny QNX-tan partying in the coffee! :D

And did someone call for Barbie Linux-tan? :)

C-Chan

QuoteI was originally saving this idea for a ZS page, but I felt like drawing it right away when I got the idea... COFFEE POOL PARTY!!

QuoteAnd did someone call for Barbie Linux-tan?

O___O

Okay, this is what I would look like right now if I were 20 times bigger, a girl, and also a blood-giving vampire at that....  -v-

*MEGA SWOONAGE*  >>>>>>>>>>V<<<<<<<<<

Added after 2 minutes:

Of course, since I'm not 20 times bigger, am not a girl, and am not a blood-letting vampire,....

um....

I'm gonna need a blood transfusion....  ^_________^;

Anyone a Type C by any chance?  ^.^;

Fufufu....

*passes out*  X__X

NejinOniwa

QuoteI was originally saving this idea for a ZS page, but I felt like drawing it right away when I got the idea... COFFEE POOL PARTY!!
Na...na...nh....NHGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!
THE GRAVITY IS PULLING ME TO THE FLOOR AND I CAN'T GET UP!
HALP! PLZ!!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Rhapsody-tan is suitably shocked, Solaris-san looks seriously pissed off, and the Damn Smalls are damn adorable! I have to see this in color! :3

Though, tiny people in coffee could become a trend. I think Starbucks would refer to it as a double mocha damn-small OS cappuccino and sell it for $7.50! XD

And Barbie Linux-tan is lookin' good! Though I still stand by my claim she's gonna give the plainer Linux-tans a self-imagine disorder T__T

J/K!

C-Chan

Actually, since I couldn't find a donor, I had to substitute blood for cranberry juice instead.  It's red, right?  ^__^

And so far I seem better than ever!  Not a care in the world!  Completely norm... a.... la........  gah...........

*drools*  Xvx

*pumps more juice in*  In any event, let me get back to commenting on this.  ^__^

Rhapsody-san: Adorable.  But who'd a thought that, surrounded by iPod-tans at home, she'd still have a fear of little people. ^___^

Solaris-sama: Actually, she doesn't seem pissed to me -- rather, more like she's having one of those "not again" expressions.  

In the cup:  DSL-chan, DSFBSD-chan, DSS-chan, micronized QNX-san, and of course, kudos to you, DSL-kun.  I take it this is akin to visiting an "Onsen" for them. ^.^

QuoteAnd did someone call for Barbie Linux-tan?

And what better way to celebrate the diversity of OS-tan height than to pair some of the tiniest OS-tans with one of the tallest [non-mainframe] OS-tans.  ^___^

Not much to say here: the chibi satisfies the three essential "C's":

Crisp
Cute
Cuddly

Hair has the right balance of dynamic shading and highlighting.  The eyes are still using the neat new style you've transitioned to. The lipstick seems very beautifully implemented -- I know that's hard to do with Anime characters.  And we finally get a good luck at her spear, which seems appropriately girly (like something Sailor Moon would wield).  ^^'

QuoteThough, tiny people in coffee could become a trend. I think Starbucks would refer to it as a double mocha damn-small OS cappuccino and sell it for $7.50! XD

Still seems cheap for Starbucks.  $8.50.  ^.^'

QuoteAnd Barbie Linux-tan is lookin' good! Though I still stand by my claim she's gonna give the plainer Linux-tans a self-imagine disorder T__T

Don't forget a certain "Has-Been" Atari operating system.  ^_____________^;

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Actually, since I couldn't find a donor, I had to substitute blood for cranberry juice instead.  It's red, right?  ^__^

And so far I seem better than ever!  Not a care in the world!  Completely norm... a.... la........  gah...........
Using cranberry juice for a blood transfusion was foolish! We all know that ketchup is the better and more effective alternative!

Rhapsody-san: Adorable.  But who'd a thought that, surrounded by iPod-tans at home, she'd still have a fear of little people. ^___^
*slaps self on forehead* I didn't consider that! AAAAAAAUGH! Or maybe she really does still get startled seeing some sneaky iPod-tans appearing where they are least expected!

Solaris-sama: Actually, she doesn't seem pissed to me -- rather, more like she's having one of those "not again" expressions.  
Exactly! That is not the first time that has happened. Tsk tsk tsk. No one can take poor Solaris-sama seriously anymore ;014

In the cup:  DSL-chan, DSFBSD-chan, DSS-chan, micronized QNX-san, and of course, kudos to you, DSL-kun.  I take it this is akin to visiting an "Onsen" for them. ^.^
But is it odd that I drew them in their regular clothes? And I was thinking about adding another character as an another onlooker. Either...

- OS-9-tan with a WTF look on her face after seeing her rival QNX-san in the coffee cup
- Same goes for Windows CE-tan (OS-9, QNX and Windows CE are important competitors in the embedded market, hence the three-way rivalry between their OS-tans)
- DexOS-tan, standing up on a stool or chair happily and curiously watching the party in the coffee!

And what better way to celebrate the diversity of OS-tan height than to pair some of the tiniest OS-tans with one of the tallest [non-mainframe] OS-tans.  ^___^
Almost... What if Barbie Linux-tan was in that group picture? ;012

Hair has the right balance of dynamic shading and highlighting.  The eyes are still using the neat new style you've transitioned to. The lipstick seems very beautifully implemented -- I know that's hard to do with Anime characters.
That is hard, and it seems that she is the only OS-tan character who wears make-up!

And we finally get a good luck at her spear, which seems appropriately girly (like something Sailor Moon would wield).  ^^'
It is usually just for decoration but she does know how to wield it. She's been a wanderer her whole life (or just about) and she has gotten this far!

QuoteThough, tiny people in coffee could become a trend. I think Starbucks would refer to it as a double mocha damn-small OS cappuccino and sell it for $7.50! XD
I think FreeB-chan would like those! :D

Still seems cheap for Starbucks.  $8.50.  ^.^'
WTF?! Are Starbucks coffees really that expensive?! o_o

QuoteAnd Barbie Linux-tan is lookin' good! Though I still stand by my claim she's gonna give the plainer Linux-tans a self-imagine disorder T__T
She actually does get along well with the liberal-minded and self-confident Linux-tans. She is also very well-liked among the Mac-tans and most of the Vintage-tans, however she is derided by the conservative Linux and Unix-tans as a 'sellout' or a 'phony' (as Barbie Linux might or might not be a real OS).

Don't forget a certain "Has-Been" Atari operating system.  ^_____________^;
Hey! Atari TOS-tan and Barbie Linux-tan are best friends but I understand what you mean! Despite their friendship, TOS-tan probably still feels some self-inadequacy :(

C-Chan

QuoteUsing cranberry juice for a blood transfusion was foolish! We all know that ketchup is the better and more effective alternative!

Puh-leeze!  You only say that cause you're human, but pigs are especially sensitive to ketchup and mustard.  Stuff like that gets put on us when we're stuck in between hot dog buns.  `v'

*pokes hole in self and starts sucking out juice*

Quote*slaps self on forehead* I didn't consider that! AAAAAAAUGH! Or maybe she really does still get startled seeing some sneaky iPod-tans appearing where they are least expected!

It's always I've been a bit of a mystery to me why some people are especially frightened by mice or cockroaches or spiders.  They're 100x bigger than it and can kill them in an instant with naked brute force, yet behave like they're some alien hellspawn about to eat them.

I've always theorized that the fast "scurrying" motion is particularly unnerving.

For Rhapsody-tan, I think you're right.  Just the sight of them walking around the house -- moving inside every nook and cranny, making homes out of their shows, beds out of their handkerchiefs or spas out of their apple oatmeal -- just freaks her out a bit.  ^.^

The irony is that Pu-chan is the scardiest of all scardy cats alive, and yet is probably the most comfortable with the iPod-tans.  -v-

QuoteExactly! That is not the first time that has happened. Tsk tsk tsk. No one can take poor Solaris-sama seriously anymore  

And it's not like she can blast them out of existence.  Like roaches, they always seem to survive somehow -- and ever since she's been coached to be more "Debian"-like, she's had to get used to restraining her destructive tendencies or risk paying the reconstruction of the diner out of her own parket.  ^____^;

QuoteBut is it odd that I drew them in their regular clothes?

I couldn't really tell from the sketch, but yeah,... that might be a tad odd.  ^.^
Besides, drawing swimsuits is easy -- probably easier than their regular clothing.  ^___^

QuoteAnd I was thinking about adding another character as an another onlooker. Either...
- OS-9-tan with a WTF look on her face after seeing her rival QNX-san in the coffee cup
- Same goes for Windows CE-tan (OS-9, QNX and Windows CE are important competitors in the embedded market, hence the three-way rivalry between their OS-tans)
- DexOS-tan, standing up on a stool or chair happily and curiously watching the party in the coffee!

Actually, I thought OS-9-tan would have been perfect in Rhapsody's spot (at least before we theorized the above).  Then again, I don't think she would really freak at the sight of tiny people in her food -- in that respect, she seems to me like a tougher character.  ^^

CE-chan, if that's the case, would probably have a jealous scowl in her face, especially since she can't really host a coffee party herself (unless they don't mind her taking up the entire cup).

Ah, and already giving DexOS-chan some screen time.  Good.  ^^

QuoteAlmost... What if Barbie Linux-tan was in that group picture?  

Not sure if it's for the best to really pack up the picture,... then again, by all means, I won't complain at all if you do.  On the contrary, I'll probably need another blood transfusion.  ^___^

QuoteWTF?! Are Starbucks coffees really that expensive?!  

At least for me they are.  That, among other reason, is why I never visit them at all.  
Besides, as a chronic tea drinker, they don't really focus on the likes of me as much.  ;)

QuoteHey! Atari TOS-tan and Barbie Linux-tan are best friends but I understand what you mean! Despite their friendship, TOS-tan probably still feels some self-inadequacy

And like people who have unrealistic perceptions about perfection, she will never feel adequate.  While shortish, TOS-tan is quite the fine dish, so at least in my opinion I think it's a big waste.  -.-

Bella

QuoteBut is it odd that I drew them in their regular clothes? And I was thinking about adding another character as an another onlooker. Either...

I vote OS-9-tan, but CE-tan (standing on the table and overtowering the Damn Smalls) might be cute, too! :3

I agree it might be best to have them in swimsuits, though.

QuoteThat is hard, and it seems that she is the only OS-tan character who wears make-up!

I could name a few who sometimes wear makeup, but I don't think any OS-tans wear it on a regular basis...

QuoteI think FreeB-chan would like those!

Bwhaha! Why do I wanna draw a picture of FreeB-chan drinking a double mocha damn-small OS cappuccino now? XD

QuoteShe actually does get along well with the liberal-minded and self-confident Linux-tans. She is also very well-liked among the Mac-tans and most of the Vintage-tans, however she is derided by the conservative Linux and Unix-tans as a 'sellout' or a 'phony' (as Barbie Linux might or might not be a real OS).

Sounds right! I can just imagine Slackware and Gentoo-tan deriding her on a daily basis :P

QuoteIt's always I've been a bit of a mystery to me why some people are especially frightened by mice or cockroaches or spiders. They're 100x bigger than it and can kill them in an instant with naked brute force, yet behave like they're some alien hellspawn about to eat them.

I've always theorized that the fast "scurrying" motion is particularly unnerving.

I've always been quite cool with bugs and mice and other pests. When I see a spider or beetle, I usually pick it up on a piece of paper and put it outside. I try to use humane mousetraps. Mosquitoes and cockroaches I don't have the same sympathy for, though...

My rationale? We don't like bugs, and we think they're small and dumb enough to just do away with. But I began to think-- there could be aliens out there who think the same thing of humans. Now follow me with this-- even though they're small and dumb and powerless by our standards, they still have a right to live out their little lives as long as they don't interfere with mine. XD

QuoteFor Rhapsody-tan, I think you're right. Just the sight of them walking around the house -- moving inside every nook and cranny, making homes out of their shows, beds out of their handkerchiefs or spas out of their apple oatmeal -- just freaks her out a bit. ^.^

The irony is that Pu-chan is the scardiest of all scardy cats alive, and yet is probably the most comfortable with the iPod-tans. -v-

Haha! I think I'd be freaked out to see tiny iPod-tans in my oatmeal! But now I wanna draw a Pu-chan/iPod-tan picture :3

Wait...didn't I want to draw a Pu-chan with an bigass automatic weapon picture last year, though...? O.o

QuoteAnd it's not like she can blast them out of existence. Like roaches, they always seem to survive somehow -- and ever since she's been coached to be more "Debian"-like, she's had to get used to restraining her destructive tendencies or risk paying the reconstruction of the diner out of her own parket. ^____^;

More Debian-like...? Is this Solaris-san's big idol?

QuoteAt least for me they are. That, among other reason, is why I never visit them at all.
Besides, as a chronic tea drinker, they don't really focus on the likes of me as much.

The only coffee I drink is from this little shop at a mall downstate-- and it's frickin' expensive, so it's probably good I don't go there often XD

And I drink tea too, though it's sorta out of spite. Everyone in my family drinks coffee every morning, and they've been trying to get me to do the same for many years; despite the fact I don't care for black coffee (or really any non mocha/cappuccino coffee), and definitely don't want caffeine crashes. Rather than give in to their rampant peer-pressure, I started drinking tea. Now I have a good excuse not to drink coffee every morning.

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: C-ChanPuh-leeze!  You only say that cause you're human, but pigs are especially sensitive to ketchup and mustard.  Stuff like that gets put on us when we're stuck in between hot dog buns.  `v'
I thought ketchup would have been more effective because it is thicker and looks more like blood! Although I don't think I've ever seen cranberry juice before though  ;013

QuoteIt's always I've been a bit of a mystery to me why some people are especially frightened by mice or cockroaches or spiders.  They're 100x bigger than it and can kill them in an instant with naked brute force, yet behave like they're some alien hellspawn about to eat them.

The scurrying is rather scary. I also think the fear of mice, spiders and cockroaches comes from that they always appear where people do not expect or hope to ever find them. And of course, there are insects that inflict REALLY NASTY bites, and rodents caused the delivery of the Bubonic Plague!

QuoteThe irony is that Pu-chan is the scardiest of all scardy cats alive, and yet is probably the most comfortable with the iPod-tans.  -v-
Because they aren't scary, bossy, wield weapons or are taller than her? ;012

QuoteAnd it's not like she can blast them out of existence.  Like roaches, they always seem to survive somehow -- and ever since she's been coached to be more "Debian"-like, she's had to get used to restraining her destructive tendencies or risk paying the reconstruction of the diner out of her own parket.  ^____^;
If she wants to stay in business, she's going to have to deal with some... tiny company. It is the much more economical route!

QuoteI couldn't really tell from the sketch, but yeah,... that might be a tad odd.  ^.^
Besides, drawing swimsuits is easy -- probably easier than their regular clothing.  ^___^
Okay, I'll switch to them in swimsuits in the final as it is easier!

QuoteActually, I thought OS-9-tan would have been perfect in Rhapsody's spot (at least before we theorized the above).  Then again, I don't think she would really freak at the sight of tiny people in her food -- in that respect, she seems to me like a tougher character.  ^^
OS-9-tan has gotta be tough, she's in the CIOST!

By the way, what weapon would she wield? She doesn't seem like the fighter type but she's got to wield something!

QuoteCE-chan, if that's the case, would probably have a jealous scowl in her face, especially since she can't really host a coffee party herself (unless they don't mind her taking up the entire cup).
Ahahahaha! Cute! I'll add her in!

QuoteAh, and already giving DexOS-chan some screen time.  Good.  ^^
And DexOS-chan too!

QuoteNot sure if it's for the best to really pack up the picture,... then again, by all means, I won't complain at all if you do.  On the contrary, I'll probably need another blood transfusion.  ^___^
Adding Barbie Linux-tan in that picture would be overkill, but awesome!

QuoteAt least for me they are.  That, among other reason, is why I never visit them at all. 
Besides, as a chronic tea drinker, they don't really focus on the likes of me as much.  ;)
Coffee doesn't interest me, I myself am a heavy drinker when it comes to tea!

QuoteAnd like people who have unrealistic perceptions about perfection, she will never feel adequate.  While shortish, TOS-tan is quite the fine dish, so at least in my opinion I think it's a big waste.  -.-
It is a huge waste! She is perfectly fine the way she is but she doesn't think so! :(
---

Three more chibis, and one of them is new! This is not a repost from about a year ago!

The newcomer is GEOS-tan!

GEOS-tan is a geomancer (for obvious reasons), loves to read and write (in GEOS, there was no scrolling, but items were on pages that can be flipped to/from. GEOS was also a major desktop publishing platform). She is also very resourceful (was revered for what it could do on 8-bit, 1-2 MHz machines with 64-128 Kb of RAM) and efficient (able to take advantage of improvements and add-ons for the systems it ran on) and is a very loyal friend to the Commodore-tans, but is also friends with Apple ][-chan, GS/OS-chan, and ZX Spectrum-chan (because GEOS-tan's abilities really would help ZX Spectrum-tan a lot with her research!)

Her design is based off the original one in the gallery (still has blue hair in a ponytail, grey+white color scheme, the helmet) but wears an officer uniform and has some much-needed cuteness added. I hope.

And here are Macintosh System 5-tan and Macintosh System 6-tan; the two very weird non-human Mac-tans with even weirder alter-egos!

And a repost for comparison, their alter-egos! :D

C-Chan

QuoteI vote OS-9-tan, but CE-tan (standing on the table and overtowering the Damn Smalls) might be cute, too! :3

*nosebleeds*

APPROVE APPROVE APPROVE!!!!  ^V^

QuoteBwhaha! Why do I wanna draw a picture of FreeB-chan drinking a double mocha damn-small OS cappuccino now? XD

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!  ^v^

Oh wait,... my time out hasn't expired yet.  O__O

*crawls back out of gutter*

My rationale? We don't like bugs, and we think they're small and dumb enough to just do away with. But I began to think-- there could be aliens out there who think the same thing of humans. Now follow me with this-- even though they're small and dumb and powerless by our standards, they still have a right to live out their little lives as long as they don't interfere with mine. XD

I get yelled at by my female coworkes for not killing giant roaches at work (yes, they appear sometimes), and even more so when I hold them in hand (gardening makes you immune to bug aversion).  ^.^
But while some people may get strength from killing them indiscriminately, I actually feel cowardly for doing so and hence I never do it.  -.-'

Self-defense is a whole other ballgame, though.  The mosquitoes are technically attacking you AND can afflict nasty diseases, so it's in your natural right to defend yourself.

Haha! I think I'd be freaked out to see tiny iPod-tans in my oatmeal! But now I wanna draw a Pu-chan/iPod-tan picture :3

Wait...didn't I want to draw a Pu-chan with an bigass automatic weapon picture last year, though...? O.o

*light bulb*  Hmmmmmm................. do I have my next picture idea!  *v*
Maybe a FOSA Lite candidate...? ^.^

QuoteMore Debian-like...? Is this Solaris-san's big idol?

Nope.  On the contrary, learning Debianism is akin to Solaris-sama being FORCED to attend Charm and Beauty School.  She hates it, but she needs it if she want to compete with Linux-sama.  ^^;

And I drink tea too, though it's sorta out of spite. Everyone in my family drinks coffee every morning, and they've been trying to get me to do the same for many years; despite the fact I don't care for black coffee (or really any non mocha/cappuccino coffee), and definitely don't want caffeine crashes. Rather than give in to their rampant peer-pressure, I started drinking tea. Now I have a good excuse not to drink coffee every morning.

Funny that I don't think of coffee as "coffee" but instead as "tea of coffee bean".  ^.^

I don't drink it that often either, mainly because I much prefer the soothing taste of [sugarless] teas.  ^__^
White tea is my favorite of the true teas, but I have several favorites among the herbal and fruit categories, such as peppermint, lemongrass, plum, lime, noni, etc.

The best coffee substitute, btw, is matte:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate

Slightly similar to black tea (but heavier in taste), it has the equivalent caffeine content of coffee without the druggy after effects (just be sure not to overdose ^^').  It's an acquired taste by itself, but with a dash of lime it's fan-tas-tic!  ^v^

While not the case before, it's pretty common now to find it selling in the States.

The scurrying is rather scary. I also think the fear of mice, spiders and cockroaches comes from that they always appear where people do not expect or hope to ever find them. And of course, there are insects that inflict REALLY NASTY bites, and rodents caused the delivery of the Bubonic Plague!

It is true that there might be an instinctual fear underlying it all.  ^^

QuoteBecause they aren't scary, bossy, wield weapons or are taller than her?

*connects the dots*

..........Hey!  THAT makes sense! *v*

OS-9-tan has gotta be tough, she's in the CIOST!

By the way, what weapon would she wield? She doesn't seem like the fighter type but she's got to wield something!

Not necessarily... there are defenseless OS-tans after all.  ^^

She's a reporter, so maybe she uses media as her weapon.  If she hates someone, she could easily character-assassinate him/her in every newspaper, morning program and tabloid owned by her company, to the point where he/she will crawl towards a corner and roll into a ball right beside me.  ^^

QuoteGEOS-tan is a geomancer (for obvious reasons), loves to read and write (in GEOS, there was no scrolling, but items were on pages that can be flipped to/from. GEOS was also a major desktop publishing platform). She is also very resourceful (was revered for what it could do on 8-bit, 1-2 MHz machines with 64-128 Kb of RAM) and efficient (able to take advantage of improvements and add-ons for the systems it ran on) and is a very loyal friend to the Commodore-tans, but is also friends with Apple ][-chan, GS/OS-chan, and ZX Spectrum-chan (because GEOS-tan's abilities really would help ZX Spectrum-tan a lot with her research!)

Her design is based off the original one in the gallery (still has blue hair in a ponytail, grey+white color scheme, the helmet) but wears an officer uniform and has some much-needed cuteness added. I hope.

You hope right!  Adorable and,... strangely unique.  Must be the combination of interesting helmet + single bang + azure eyes, but she's addicting to look at.  Thank you much for drawing her -- if/when I get around to it, I'm sure she'd be prime material for the Binteji Renmei Zerosanity XMAS special panel I'm stil due to work on.  ^^'

QuoteAnd here are Macintosh System 5-tan and Macintosh System 6-tan; the two very weird non-human Mac-tans with even weirder alter-egos!

*compares current with alter-egos*

Gah?  Wow,... this is less "night and day" and more "apples and needle-nose pliers".  ^^;
No surprise here either -- you've LONG mastered the art of chibis.  ^^

Rounded smiles are surprisingly uncommon in Anime -- but since she's mischievious, I'm sure that's less a smile on 5-chan as much as a mischievous smirk.  The frills on her dress do stand out quite a bit.  ^.^

System 6-tan hasn't changed much since we worked on her last, but the new dot pattern on her jacket/built is a great new touch!  Gives her more of the Classic Mac handlebar field, no? ^__^