What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on October 14, 2014, 01:06:23 AM
@Bella: One of my coworkers mentioned Hellsing Abridged -w-

Funny thing is, the actual OAV is almost as hammy and moronic (and entertaining) as the Abridged Series....

Quote from: stewartsage on October 14, 2014, 09:29:00 PM
Hellsing Abridged time is nearly upon us.

YESSSSSS.

Odin Yggdrasil

Started watching Madan no Ou to Vanadis over the weekend.

Seems interesting so far, a medieval europe-like country.

What's got my attention about it at the moment is actually not the fanservice-designed battle maidens that seem to be effectively valkyries representing one of the countries, but rather the name of the hero's city.

Alsace, likely a play on the real world city Aslace.

In real life Aslace was  a steadily growing village on the border between france and germany that would often become a war prize, throughout history it would be alternately captured by them in wartime. After WWII it was assigned to France, where it has remained ever since.

I'm hoping as the story develops it works out similar to Maoyuu, since they have quite a bit in common already.

Exa

Oh yeah, I am following that one, too. To be honest, I am somewhat cautious - I don't really want the fanservicey war maidens to steal the whole show - but I hope we will get into some twists with interactions between all the factions and their notable characters.

svx

Currently watching Fate/Unlimited Blade Works and Psycho-Pass II. Feels like a slow season. ;<

I watched Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha last night. That was awesome!

Trying to listen to Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage in audio-book form. SUPER DEPRESSING, dunno if I can make it through another chapter ...

Chocofreak13

how is Konokon? i think i have it on my external but i haven't seen it yet.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Finished episode 43 of Bakugan: New Vestroia. It's bretty gud
I'll have to marathon all the other shows today after school...

Exa

Oh, Bakugan. I remember catching a few eps of it while it was aired on Cartoon Network. I never really understood how the actual game is supposed to work, but at least the plot progression was decent for such a show.

svx

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 11, 2014, 10:53:13 PM
how is Konokon? i think i have it on my external but i haven't seen it yet.
Is that Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha? I loved it! Man I wish it wasn't so short though... ;<

Now I'm back to watching Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (the series), Psycho-Pass II, and Sword Art Online II...

I really, really wish the SAO anime could do justice to the light novels. It's such a shame. The novels are SO good, but the anime is so gah!

gaooooo

Nichi

Adaptations from book are rarely as good as the source material
(see also: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Chocofreak13

i've been wanting to get the novels now that they're translating them into english. :\

i have a craving to watch Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu and i don't really know why. i haven't even finished the other two series i started and don't even have it downloaded yet. but for some reason i crave watching it and i don't know why.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

i'm honestly surprised Hadena's still alive....they sucked so many balls. :00
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Last show I watched was Selector Spread WIXOSS.

To be honest, I think this show gets real boring at times; sometimes, it's just talking for twenty-five minutes. The plot is kind of confusing, and the battles (the few battles that are actually in this) don't explain how the game actually works. Still, though... at least I'm half-enjoying it.

Chocofreak13

what's it about? it sounds a bit like one of those flavour-of-the-week game type shows that perhaps just jumped on the bandwagon without really much thought. :\

not having much else to do tonight, i may end up watching anime for hours. i think i should finish up Kaiba and ParaKiss, and i may watch the Cutey Honey DVD i bought last week. (though, to be fair, that's live-action.)
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 27, 2014, 12:48:15 PM
what's it about? it sounds a bit like one of those flavour-of-the-week game type shows that perhaps just jumped on the bandwagon without really much thought. :\
I'm not very good with remembering/summarizing things, so here's a quote from Wikipedia.

QuoteWIXOSS (short for "Wish Across") is a popular trading card game in which players battle against each other with fighters known as LRIGs (ルリグ Rurigu?) ("GIRL" spelled backwards), using cards to support them. Ruko Kominato, who receives a WIXOSS deck from her brother, discovers that her LRIG, which she names Tama, can speak. She soon learns that she has been chosen as a 'Selector', girls who must battle against other Selectors. Should they be victorious in battle, they will be able to have any wish granted, but should they lose three times to other Selectors, they will lose that chance and lose all memory of the game. As she and various other Selectors battle it out for the sake of their wish, Ruko finds herself drawn into the dark sinister world of WIXOSS, discovering that win or lose, there is always a cost.

The show does get a lil' spooky.