What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

English dub of Haruhi is at least one of the best dubs I've encountered; it's not like you're watching the dub of Sword Art Online or Lucky Star, at least :\

NejinOniwa

Why are you watching dubs ever
WHY
It's not like torrenting is hard
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

It depends on the show; for every twenty dubs equal to Voltron in terms of crap-ness, there are those few like Haruhi Suzumiya or Cowboy Bebop, which strike gold.

NejinOniwa

Perhaps, but using dubs for Haruhi means missing out on what is, without doubt, one of the best VA cast of all time. Tomokazu Sugita's Kyon, Chihara Minori's Nagato; both are extremely iconic roles that very much defined their respective VA's for a long time after. Not to forget Dat Taniguchi ;) And while Mikuru and Koizumi aren't quite as outstanding, they are also less defining characters to begin with.

And that's without mentioning Hirano fucking Aya as Haruhi fucking Suzumiya, which says a lot about the stellar quality of the series' casting overall. A good dub simply doesn't play in the same division as a good original cast.

I strongly recommend watching the original show, if possible with the air order of the first season. Makes it a whole lot better all in all.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 11, 2014, 05:06:58 PM
Why are you watching dubs ever
WHY
It's not like torrenting is hard
Because I bloody can.

EDIT: Seriously though, why do you feel the need to make snarky comments when I mention watching animu in a format that you don't like? It's OK if you don't like English dubs, I mean it's really a matter of personal preference, but please don't try and force it on me. And, well, I didn't feel like torrenting (or can find any adequate torrents) to begin with.

LeaflameSD

Haruhi Suzumiya episodes 3 and 4.

I am literally falling in love with Mikuru. Guys, help ;^;

Balrith

Accept it Leaf. This is your life now.

LeaflameSD

Kill la Kill episode 18.

I was literally on the edge of my seat, I mean I couldn't believe the awe of what I was seeing...

Cockleshell

EXCUSE ME OH GOD CAN WE TALK ABOUT KLK 18 HOLY FUCK

Spoiler: ShowHide
oh my GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE SISTERS AND SATSUKI IS ALMOST DEAD AND RYUKO MIGHT BE DEAD!?!!?!?!?!?! OPH YGUFUCKFUCKFUFCKFUCKFUCKFUCKUFCKFCUFCUKFUCK
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

I just watched that episode of KLK, and it was like "holy shit"; everything I thought I knew about what was happening was thrown right out the window

NejinOniwa

It's fun how all the reveals made in this episode were stuff that /a/ predicted by episode 2 or so.

Literally all of it.

Bella

Quote from: LeaflameSD on February 13, 2014, 12:39:14 PM
Haruhi Suzumiya episodes 3 and 4.

I am literally falling in love with Mikuru. Guys, help ;^;

Nagato is more my type, but Mikuru love is inevitable ...

Also, I gotta catch up with KlK. -.-

LeaflameSD

I'm up to episode 11 on Haruhi Suzumiya.

Nichi

Episode 19 of KLK. My thoughts on where the series is going next in the spoiler tag below:

Kill la Kill (Episode 19): ShowHide
Given that Ryuko has been driven mad from the revelation at the end of the previous episode, and once more refuses to put on Senketsu, I have a few theories on what could happen next:

- One way or another, she's going to end up wearing him again. Whither she's forced to via some secret plan by Ragyo, or she does so on her own free will (Which would might indicate her coming to terms with her past), is yet to be seen
- The bit after the credits seems to indicate that Satsuki isn't down for the count yet. What could possibly happen next, I'm not entirely sure
- A little let down that they're removing the episode previews from episode 20 onward in favor of posting them online, but I guess if the extra 30 seconds shaved off by removing it allows for a longer episode, I'll roll with it (Most likely, the theme song might not be played for the next few episodes; given that not playing the OP is a usual anime thing that signals "shit gets real in this episode", and with how this episode ended, it makes the most sense)

Now, I wait for next week