What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

So yeah, finished C Cubed. Now to watch dat OVA...

Chocofreak13

@leaf: the popular ones always get moar seeds. when I was torrenting hot'n'fresh SAO, I saw them with over 1000 seeds. :0

so guys, back me up here: I think bakabt has a policy now of only letting registered members torrent stuff. :\
all the torrents I download from them never get past the "finding peers" stage, leading me to think they may have found a way to lock random people out.

say what you will about me getting stuff from bakabt, but there are times when it has what nyaa doesn't, so I think of it as a necessary evil. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The only issue I've ever had is how my torrents expire on a monthly basis, so if I start it in January and it's not finished before February, I have to redownload the torrent file and start over.

Maybe they blocked you for not seeding? I've always heard that you'll get blocked from some trackers for not seeding until you've uploaded equal to how much you downloaded :\

Chocofreak13

possible, but do trackers track by ip address, or by computer itself? because this thing's died so many times that I doubt there's any record left.

also, they only really blocked people from downloading for not seeding when they had an account there. that's why I abandoned my account, actually. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

No telling; maybe there's the off chance your IP address, if it randomly generates one, happened to line up with that of a user. I sometimes go onto Wikipedia and find system notices for unregistered users that vandalized an article, whom I ended up rolling the IP address for -w-;

Chocofreak13

lol. no one else here uses BakaBt, though? I figured at least one of you would. :\
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 26, 2014, 11:04:37 AM
lol. no one else here uses BakaBt, though? I figured at least one of you would. :\
I do. We talked about something like this before, right?

But yeah, I hate how BakaBT expects everyone to seed equal to what they have downloaded. Most people will be downloading from a home connection, which will (usually) have sub-par upload speeds. Don't get me wrong, I do seed my torrents now and then, but you can expect me to leave my client open 27/7.

Also, anyone using MPC yet?

Nichi

Indeed. My home connection is completely unsuitable for seeding; I'll usually seed as long as I can before I drop it.

Also, I used to use MPC, but now I'm so adjusted to VLC that it's hard to go back

LeaflameSD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 26, 2014, 11:45:49 AM
Indeed. My home connection is completely unsuitable for seeding; I'll usually seed as long as I can before I drop it.

Also, I used to use MPC, but now I'm so adjusted to VLC that it's hard to go back
My download speed (3mbps+), and for what it is, my upload speed is rather good (i.e: I get more than 100 KBs).

I used to use VLC, but then I switched to CCCP (with Media Player Classic), and it's been sweet love ever since <3
It's smaller, uses better codecs, no audiorape while seeking, and the colors don't look washed out. Though I will say one thing:

WHY ISN'T THE CCDA FILTER ENABLED BY DEFAULT!?

IT TOOK ME AGES TO FIND THAT OUT!

Chocofreak13

I sorry. ;^;

but are their torrents working for you, is my question, not "do you seed". :\

cause I know no one besides me does, trololol.
and even then, I don't seed things BBT wants me to, since their insane rules for seeding don't jive with mine. (I seed stuff that NEEDS it. stuff with 5 seeds or less. ><; )
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

>use vlc
I don't know why people want to stay pleb so badly.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

VLC

Virile
Land
Conqueror

(bestplayer)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Vulgar
Lusty
Copulation

/out/ pls
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Balrith

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 26, 2014, 09:24:20 AM
so guys, back me up here: I think bakabt has a policy now of only letting registered members torrent stuff. :\
all the torrents I download from them never get past the "finding peers" stage, leading me to think they may have found a way to lock random people out.

say what you will about me getting stuff from bakabt, but there are times when it has what nyaa doesn't, so I think of it as a necessary evil. :\

I just torrented the first two seasons of Minami-ke on Saturday as a random user so I dunno. I have sort of had your problem though. But only with utorrent.

I just use bittorrent for BBT torrents now. That seems to work.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 26, 2014, 04:21:37 PM
I sorry. ;^;

but are their torrents working for you, is my question, not "do you seed". :\
yes