What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

^^

watched episode 3 of Hanasaku Iroha earlier.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Episode three of Joshiraku.  I don't think I'm going to continue with the series.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on November 20, 2013, 10:49:01 PM
Episode three of Joshiraku.  I don't think I'm going to continue with the series.

>looks up in wikipedia
>"As five young rakugo comedians, Marii, Kigurumi, Tetora, Gankyō and Kukuru, receive an invitation to a casual dress party, they ponder over what it exactly means to dress casually. Later, the discussion turns to whether everyone prefers dogs or cats."
>"The girls talk about what they would do if they won the lottery, leading them to suspect one of them may be a winner. Later, they visit the Tokyo Tower where more strange conversations are to be had. Afterwards, a discussion about vaccination turns into a bout of imaginary pregnancy."
>"Marii ends up having to prove that she's not a crossdressing boy. Later, the girls visit Asakusa where they try their hand at some fortunes. This leads the girls to discuss why Tetora has such great luck and always seems to avoid danger."
>IWANNAWATCHTHIS.JPG

Nichi

@Bella: I want to watch it too *w*

NejinOniwa

I tried and dropped. It was too random for its own good.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i loved Joshiraku. ^^ i think i only got to episode 2 or so, though. <P;
(i will get and watch again, but it's been compared to an anime seinfeld, so i figure you two would like it. :3 )

i'm catching up on naruto atm. ep 49 and 50 today.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I find Jerry Seinfeld one of the unfunniest things.  Not living things, not comedians: things.  Except for that commercial with Bill Gates he did.

My problem with Joshiraku is that it's one of those series where I feel I'd understand things better if I actually was Japanese.  There are times when it really sucks me in and I legitimately forget what they were talking about along with them, which feels like the point of the show, but those moments are rare.  Sadly episode three was the one that clicked the most with me but I just can't see myself sitting through nine more episodes when there are things like Mawaru Penguindrum and C3 to watch.

Nichi

Mmm. It sounds vaguely like Lucky Star, so I'd probably end up loving it after an initial "wut" period -w-;

NejinOniwa

Just watched Outbreak ep8. Once again - after last week's mostly humorous turns - we here get an old and frequently abused plotline that, for once, is done just right. This series does not cease to exceed my expectations by any means - and in this day and age that means a lot. I'm fairly close to declaring this AOTY right here on the spot, really - I just have to see it to the end to make sure it's really worthy of that title.

In either case, it's been an absolutely great ride so far.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@stew: i can understand that, and if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. my freaky-large knowledge of japanese culture is probably what helps endear me to the show. :0

@nej: it's always great to hear that a friend's happy about something. kickass that you found an anime that appeals that much to you. ^^

watched 2 episodes of One Piece yesterday (one more to go before i'm caught up) and watched Tokimeki Tonight ep 13 and Hiroha ep 4 today. gonna watch Koronect ep 3 later.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Jellyfish princess was adorable.
Simon was here :P

LeaflameSD

Kill la Kill episode 3... looks like I will have to do some sort of marathon to catch up with the 8th episode.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Simonorged on November 22, 2013, 11:54:08 AM
Jellyfish princess was adorable.

Kuragehime? i fucking love that series. but did you watch it in english or japanese?
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Chocofreak13

nejin browbeat me into torrent 1-8 of Outbreak Company. will watch at some point when i'm not frantically catching up for toonami this week.
click to make it bigger