What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Well, IDK about the anime for GU, but the game was shit, and given the similarities between SAO and .hack, it's worth bringing up

Chocofreak13

//Roots was crap. i sat through 5 minutes and mentally puked. it was crap as was the //GU games and i'll have none of it.

@nej: not that it seems like you watched the series, but other characters have unique powers as well. it's called a plot device.

guys, i suggest we either end this now or move it to HBT, since i can feel my temper rising and i don't want to start a screaming match. >>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Just watched the first episode of Kill La Kill

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 21, 2013, 11:52:13 PM
//Roots was crap. i sat through 5 minutes and mentally puked. it was crap as was the //GU games and i'll have none of it.

@nej: not that it seems like you watched the series, but other characters have unique powers as well. it's called a plot device.

guys, i suggest we either end this now or move it to HBT, since i can feel my temper rising and i don't want to start a screaming match. >>;
Ye, I know. It's just annoying that they have unique powers at all, when it's supposed to be set in an MMO, where supposedly anyone can get anything...

W/e.

@Bells: PLEASE ELABORATE
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Did I say Attack on Titan?
AoT episode 1.

The intro just oozes pure awesome.

Nichi

Well, SAO aside, I've watched a lot of Soul Eater lately. I hope there's one more Excalibur episode before the end of the series; those are always the best xD

Chocofreak13

@pent: i'm willing to bet there will be. -w-
@nej:
Spoiler: ShowHide
first of all, PENT DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO SPOIL ALLLLL THE THIIIIINGS

second, if it's any consolation, the second half of SAO deals with a different game that plays more like a typical MMO. Kirito is still the main character, but he doesn't have much in terms of powers and has to rely on teammates A LOT. Agil is actually the one who gets him into that game with some surprising news. not spoiling any more in case pent made the mistake of reading this.

you may criticize Kirito for being a bit Marty Stu, but i find him refreshing if only for the fact that he breaks out of the milktoast "hey, that guy is just like me!" protags that plague most anime these days, because they want the viewer to be able to insert himself into the story by creating the most bland protag they can. though tbh most of the new series i watched a few months ago were probably harem anime or close to it (sadly), so that may be why. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 22, 2013, 12:49:45 AM@Bells: PLEASE ELABORATE

I don't like to make judgements after only one episode, the first episode managed to impress me, which is something that rarely happens. I mean, it's from the creators of Gurren Lagann (that alone should convince you it's worth at least a look), and it very much shows, IMO - the post-apocalyptic setting, absurdly determined protagonist, a totalitarian power structure being challenged, the heaps and heaps of GAR and machismo and weird, silly shit. (That's not even getting into the visual style, which is striking and fun to watch.) Arguably, the over-the-top masculinity of TTGL has been replaced by over-the-top-femininity, owing the female protagonist and female main antagonist; some people are complaining that it goes too heavy on fanservice, but there's a strong case to be made that it's parodying the ways young women are objectified, not condoning it.

I'm genuinely curious to see where it'll go.

Nichi

@Bella: I'm going to have to torrent that now; you just sold me on it

NejinOniwa

@K: You should really try on some of the new series for this season, honestly. Log Horizon and Outbreak Company are both ones that I really urge you all to try out. Kill La Kill is, of course, without saying an obligatory must-watch :)

(Akatsuki compels you to try LH)
Speaking of which, let's break down 2 new ones as well:
Tokyo Ravens. Interesting plot, but also quite a lot interesting mechanics. Characters are quite nice. Also DEEPANDBLOODYOUTOFNOWHERELOL. Not, I suppose, for the faint of heart; though I suppose it's not as bad in that regard as Strike The Blood, lol.

Secondly...Galilei Donna.
Let me sum it all up in three words:
GOLDFISH AIRSHIP MECHA

(pictured: the AI pilot thingy)
YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS SHOW IMMEDIATELY. GYOPOO~N

Chocofreak13

i need to catch up on soooo many series. help me ;^;

today i watched Tokimeki Tonight ep 4. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I just watched ep1 of Kill La Kill. This makes the already over-the-top and campy G Gundam look as serious as Gundam Wing -w-;;

Chocofreak13

might watch more Tokimeki tonight. awesome pun is awesome. -w-

(also need to find my list of past series so i can revive the blog. -w-; )
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY OUTBREAK COMPANY SUBS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger