What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Funny; I feel the same about the voices in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. I can't even watch the 4Kids dub anymore, without thinking the characters sound "weird" since I'm used to the many voices of LittleKuriboh ^^;

Which, LittleKuriboh actually got to do voices for an extra character in K-On: The Movie's English dub. Kickass >:3

LeaflameSD

I think this whole dub/sub war is just kinda stupid.

Chocofreak13

@leaf: i don't consider it a war and anyone who would fight over something so stupid is a dumbass. all i'm saying is, sometimes the dub is just better. case in point, Mari Illustrious Makinami in Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I guess you're right, but I don't see why some people out there can't just acknowledge that anime can be good in both languages and move on.

Also... DOES Mari have a sexy British accent?

Nichi

Indeed. While some are better in Japanese (Lucky Star comes to mind), others have fantastic English dubs (Cowboy Bebop)

Simonorged

I usually prefer my anime to be in Japanese, though you're right, some are better in English, I mean on the case of Moonphase I liked the English voices better.
Simon was here :P

stewartsage

Holy shit Humanity has Declined is pretty.  Like, it has to be amazingly pretty because I noticed it even.

NejinOniwa

It is indeed. Fucking pretty as fuck.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I'm gonna watch Humanity Has Declined because I like pretty things at it looks quirky and unique too.  (⌒▽⌒)☆

I just finished watching episode 1 of Girls Und Panzer because it's playing on demand and why the hell not?

-I blame Sora No Woto for making Moe Girls With Tanks a sub-genre.
-Why is competitive tank-piloting a thing in this story universe? (Or maybe I should why ISN'T it a thing in OUR universe because that would be awesome?)
-Why are tanks considered so elegant and feminine in this story? I'm torn between feminist outrage @the whole TANKS WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER WIFE AND MOTHER thing and being impressed that driving hulking metal death machines is considered a pursuit suitable for girls. I'm really not sure if society has regressed or if it's super-progressed.
-What's the deal with that Student Council girl with a HALF A PAIR OF GLASSES?
-WHY ARE THEY ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER WHAT EVEN IS GOING ON?

Also, I just started watching Mawaru Penguindrum EPISODE 20, because the stupid on-demand service decided to start airing it 3/4 THROUGH THE SERIES.

I've wanted to give Mawaru Penguindrum a watch for awhile because I keep hearing that it's smart and philosophical, but it looks soooo weiiiiiird and it's long too so I wasn't even sure if it's worth my diskspace to download it and check it out. I literally have no idea what's going on, does it involve some sort of plot to destroy humanity so the penguins can take over? Is this in fact Penguin Evangelion?

>"There's a trick to massaging pickles"

Is this in fact HOMOEROTIC Penguin Evangelion?

Nichi

Ok, you have my interest in Penguindrum now ^^;;

Also, I've considered trying Girls Und Panzer :3

LeaflameSD

I finished Please Teacher like 2 days ago in English.

stewartsage

I too have seen one episode of Girls Und Panzer.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: stewartsage on June 04, 2013, 01:24:17 PM
Holy shit Humanity has Declined is pretty.  Like, it has to be amazingly pretty because I noticed it even.
Quote from: NejinOniwa on June 04, 2013, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: Bella on June 08, 2013, 12:46:28 PM
I'm gonna watch Humanity Has Declined because I like pretty things at it looks quirky and unique too.  (⌒▽⌒)☆

did....did my review tell you nothing?
DID *I* TELL YOU NOTHING???

WHY AM I EVEN POSTING HERE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i seriously need to watch some anime, i mean it's been like 6 fucking days lol
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 08, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
Quote from: stewartsage on June 04, 2013, 01:24:17 PM
Quote from: NejinOniwa on June 04, 2013, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: Bella on June 08, 2013, 12:46:28 PM

did....did my review tell you nothing?
DID *I* TELL YOU NOTHING???

I-I didn't even know you'd reviewed that series until I saw this post! ;0;

I ended up combing through your blog archives to find it, it was one of your first posts which makes it all the more perplexing to me since I remember you announcing opening the blog and checking out your first posts there. Granted, it WAS posted on November 28, which was the day I had a bunch of teeth taken out, so I think I may've read it while high out of my mind and forgot all about it. (Which seems about right, since I can remember *most* of what I did that day but damned if I can remember any of the details) ><

Quote from: stewartsage on June 08, 2013, 05:35:03 PM
I too have seen one episode of Girls Und Panzer.

That good, eh? (Or is it just not your style?)

Chocofreak13

at least you read it, but i still feel disgraced. >>;
click to make it bigger