What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Welp, not rustle or anything, but Hadena being crap is pretty old hat by this point...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Wow. I don't think I have anything from them, thankfully :\

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 14, 2013, 08:43:14 PM
so i'm NEVER getting anything from Hadena again. i'm actually tempted to go through my anime library and delete all the Hadena stuff just for posterity. >>;;;;;

http://www.crymore.net/2012/01/23/the-horrors-of-helping-hadena/

Did you see the epic hissy-fit that one of the Hanada team members spewed in this comment thread? A few choice excerpts:

Quote from: ImakoYou're a fucking little ungrateful faggot and I hope you choke. Go through that entire huge-ass wall of text I posted up top and read through it all again. Our subs aren't perfect. I freely admit that we make a lot of mistakes and we are not perfect people. But we deal with more stress and go to more lengths with each and every episode that we release than you have in your entire piddling life. I mean, seriously? What's the hardest thing you had to do, take a shit while constipated?

QuoteYou have truly transcended. You have put yourself above even God through the power of sheer stupidity alone. Gather 'round, everybody. Witness the birth of the messiah of stupid. This is, like, quantum singularity stupid. A kind of stupid that is so amazingly massive that it engulfs surrounding good ideas like a black hole. Tell me, how do you even live with yourself? Or more importantly, how do you manage to breathe on your own? I'm honestly thinking of switching my major to psychology because I want to fathom how people like you operate.

QuoteIn the space of like two weeks editing for Hadena, you fucking people have managed to leech away and destroy every single ounce of the goodness in my heart. I tip over old ladies in wheelchairs and kick puppies across the street for fun. I hope you assholes are proud of yourselves. No wonder Hadena's staff seems "bigheaded." It's not a personality fault, it's a coping mechanism.

QuoteI know you're unaware of this because the orderlies only let you out of the retard room for suppertime, but people just have to deal with what they have. See: your pathetically-sized lump of aberrant cerebral tissue that some wise-ass doctor dared to call a "brain."

SOMEBODY'S jimmies have be eternally rustled.

LeaflameSD

These comments lel.

Pitkin

While I didn't read the entire page Choco posted, the expression that something "looks like toasted diarrhea with cheese" will surely come in handy one day or another.

LeaflameSD

Began watching Arcade Gamer Fubuki today. Apparently a spinoff of a 1982 animu Game Center Arashi.
It's about vidya games.

Chocofreak13

much to my horror i have found 3 hadena worms in my anime collection. one was quite popular so finding a replacement shouldn't be a problem. one i ONLY heard about through hadena, but tbh i was never super-enthused with the series anyway due to its staggering length. the third i like, but i only have one episode of, and i'm not super-positive on how easy it's gonna be to get more. :\

i'm up to ep 14 of Regios.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Bella on May 15, 2013, 12:50:00 AM
QuoteYou have truly transcended. You have put yourself above even God through the power of sheer stupidity alone. Gather 'round, everybody. Witness the birth of the messiah of stupid. This is, like, quantum singularity stupid. A kind of stupid that is so amazingly massive that it engulfs surrounding good ideas like a black hole. Tell me, how do you even live with yourself? Or more importantly, how do you manage to breathe on your own? I'm honestly thinking of switching my major to psychology because I want to fathom how people like you operate.

I just realized this quote is literally a dozen times funnier if mentally narrated with Peter Griffin's voice.

Nichi

Chocofreak13

it sounds wrong to me with peter so i read it with brian instead.

up to 18 in Regios.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, up to episode 12 of Digimon. Episode 11 happened to be the one my mom flipped out over when I watched it as a kid; details in the spoiler tag.

Digimon Adventure 01 - Episode 11: ShowHide
Ah yes; the Bakemon episode. Although mom thought Pokémon was the single most moronic thing to ever grace the airwaves since Jabberjaw Scooby-Doo with a talking shark ended, she did think a bit more highly of Digimon in the regard that at least the monsters were capable of speech greater than "Pika-pika, Pikachu", although she felt it was still kind of cheesy.

Then came episode 11; titled The Dancing Digimon (Or, if you're going by the Japanese titles, The Dancing Ghosts! Bakemon). The episode was fine...until a part right at the very end; when Joe used a practice of mind-over-matter to help weaken the army of Bakemon so Ikkakumon and Birdramon could defeat them. Mom took this as "evil satanic ritual" and forbid me from ever watching the series again...for about 2 weeks, at least; when she let me continue watching it (Right as Angemon makes his debut). I did rewatch the episode about 10 years later, out of curiosity, and found myself laughing over the whole thing; how mom got so worked up over something like that, yet there were references to witchcraft in some Looney Tunes cartoons and that was somehow ok (That being something Brad Jones poked fun at when looking at a video from a minister; talking about the "evils" of shows like He-Man and My Little Pony "My Pony").

Now, a few years after that, I watch it once again in the uncut Japanese version. The "mind over matter" practice was originally a Buddhist prayer in the Japanese version, which I already know mom would have gone even more crazy over...even if references to other religions in the Indiana Jones films were perfectly fine. I love pointing out how much of a hypocrite she is -w-

As for the episode itself, it was alright. There isn't much that stands out to me beyond that one scene, and that's just because of mom; if she never objected to it the way she did, I likely would have forgotten all about this episode.

LeaflameSD

I have one more episode of Hand Maid May to go.
Great series :)

Chocofreak13

isn't it? it was super-fun the first time i saw it. i'll have to rewatch it soon to review it -w-

got through over half of ep 21 of regios before it cut out randomly. after venting my frustration on the people around me i retorrented the episode, will re-watch tonight. >>;

@pent: interesting. and pointing out hypocrasy is always a fun pastime. -w-
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I finished Hand Maid May today.
A very nice watch.

NejinOniwa

>Minami-ke S3E10

HOSAKA HIJACK LOL
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS