What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

City Hunter anime had several seasons around the end of the 80s and the start of the 90s. It's based on the manga of the same name - completely stripped of the plot, though - and revolves around the professional gunman Ryo Saeba in Tokyo. The humour is very lowbrow, as the main character is a pathological pervert and harrasses his female clientele.

Typical plot for an episode would go as follows: a woman needs a bodyguard, Ryo takes the job, bad guys appear, Ryo beats them away, harrasses the woman, beats the bad guys away again, this time also eliminating their boss, episode ends with Ryo having his head pummeled by a 100t hammer of his assistant, Kaori Makimura. Not exactly representing my values, but bizarrely I find myself liking Ryo's and Kaori's characters. Also, the non-existence of a decent plot makes it good for watching while eating, as missing a line or a detail isn't serious.

As a final remark, I love the opening and ending songs.
Ai yo kienaide, the opening, has been one of my favourite opening songs for years.

NejinOniwa

AKARI~N!

Some day, I need to go on a trolling spree on Danbooru and remove ALL the tags for Akazawa Akari. THEN SHE WILL TRULY BE AKARI~N
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

Started Vividbutts.
Dat plot, man.

LeaflameSD

I started Vividred Operation too...

stewartsage

Got Yuyushiki queued up and ready to play this evening.

Chocofreak13

@pit: thanks for the info.
@nej: if i had an account there, i'd help. at the very least i lol'd. xD

finished Hen Zemi last night. OVAs are truely where anime can be free to be as lewd as it likes. >>;

thinking of watching nichibros today.
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Pitkin: Ah, I see! I wouldn't think you'd be into a story like that, but I guess that's why you called it a guilty pleasure. ^^;;;

@Kari: Hen Zemi lived up to its reputation then? o.O

Quote from: stewartsage on May 03, 2013, 12:52:17 PM
Got Yuyushiki queued up and ready to play this evening.

iS IT REALLY ABOUT A DATA PROCESSING CLUB? IS IT NERDY? DOES IT INVOLVE CUTE GIRLS WORKING ON COMPUTERS?? I MUST KNOW THESE THINGS!

Chocofreak13

i wooooould~

also, yes, Hen Zemi was all that and a bag of chips (made of toenails).
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Ask Nej, he's already watching it.

Nichi

So, just finished episode 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Tonight, after work, Soul Eater

EDIT: finished episode 2 of FMA Brotherhood and episode 11 of Soul Eater

Chocofreak13

up to ep 11 of Nichibros. i'll likely finish it tomorrow.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Yuyushiki...

Nerdy? Not very.
Cute girls doing strange things and going on random wikiwalks and being generally somewhat weird?
More like it.

Still, it might get nerdier as things go on. They just requested another computer for club use, after all. Who knows?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Maico 2010 Ep.20.
Spoiler: ShowHide
The end had me shitting bricks x_x

Chocofreak13

@nej: how far are you into it? because if it's already episode 6 and they've just asked for the computer NOW, i doubt it's gonna get much nerdier. :\

half of Nichibros ep 11.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 05, 2013, 05:36:45 AM
Nerdy? Not very.
Cute girls doing strange things and going on random wikiwalks and being generally somewhat weird?
More like it.

So it's Nu-Lucky☆Star?