What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 13, 2013, 02:13:49 AM
barely heard of the former, haven't heard of the latter. what are they about?

also, i understand the backlog thing. i wish there was a way to properly convert my subbed anime so i could put it on GT, it sure would help to go through the backlog i've amassed of 180+ series @___@;;
That's surprising.
Just a year or so before OreImo, Toradora! was the high-school anime people praised. It's a romance story with rather interesting characters, I have to say. Can't really say much more than that.

Le Chavalier d'Eon... well, let me just say this:
Paranormal historical fiction, mercury(the element) zombies, crossdressing, necrophilia, and 18th century France.

Nichi

I've heard of Toradora, but know barely anything of it. As for the other series...

Quote from: SleepyD on February 13, 2013, 03:47:31 PM
Le Chavalier d'Eon... well, let me just say this:
Paranormal historical fiction, mercury(the element) zombies, crossdressing, necrophilia, and 18th century France.

I am now interested in it *w*

alfonso_rd_30

heard the hype of toradora, but didn't seem interesting for me... as for the chabalier... can't quite remember if I've seen it

Chocofreak13

toradora likely came out before i got seriously into torrenting, so i just missed the cutoff. :\

as for the other one.....i'm confused but intrigued.
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 13, 2013, 03:49:47 PM
I am now interested in it *w*
And let me add sister complex and 18th century Russia to that list. haha

Chevalier is pretty serious all the time, and there's a lot of talk. I guess the atmosphere is similar to gunslinger girl, but... you know, with guns and lolis replaced by swords and well-defined jawlines (women included). XD; It took a little while to get used to the art style, but it was all good after a couple episodes. Lots of intrigue and political dealings, accented by short and sweet sword (and zombie?) battles.
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 14, 2013, 12:28:13 AM
toradora likely came out before i got seriously into torrenting, so i just missed the cutoff. :\
Toradora was back in late 2008. I had been torrenting since 2005 thereabouts, so I was already in deep.
And yes, that is Kugimiya Rie as the lead female, so if you're tired of her voice, you may want to shelve it until you're ready. That said, she's not really a tsundere character here (many would argue otherwise, actually), but she certainly does have moments. But at least she's not stuttering the entire time trying to speak some words in place of excessive violence.

So far, I find it rather heartwarming. So if you feel like hitting up a high school romance anime, I do recommend it. The characters are well fleshed out and turn out to be rather complex, despite outward appearances.

Chocofreak13

kk, i'll give it a look sometime. as for the actress i don't follow voice actors/actresses by name, so can you cite some characters she's done?
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

AKA Tsunde-Rie = Shana (...Shana), Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), Alphonse Elric (FMA), Sanzenin Nagi (Hayate), Kujikawa Rise(Persona 4)
Among many many others. She's been typecasted as a tsundere character, but she has shown she can do other roles.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Yeah, KugiRie is so typecast it grates on me every time i fucking see that shit...

Especially when it's obvious she's damn good at other stuff. Alphonse Elric is probably one of the better voiced characters in all of anime afaik, and that is in BOTH versions of the anime. No consistency problems there.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 14, 2013, 01:05:54 PM
Yeah, KugiRie is so typecast it grates on me every time i fucking see that shit...

Especially when it's obvious she's damn good at other stuff. Alphonse Elric is probably one of the better voiced characters in all of anime afaik, and that is in BOTH versions of the anime. No consistency problems there.
yeah, I recognize that people find her tsundere voice (which is certainly employed here) rather annoying, so I had to preface my recommendation of Toradora with that warning. If you get pissed off at hearing that voice, well, it'd be hard to enjoy the series despite how well it's done.
I keep my consumption of Tsunde-Rie (regular Rie is okay) anime rather light. I don't watch many series with that particular voice in close proximity to each other. Which is partially why it's taken me so long to watch Toradora. But it's also why that voice never really did get to the point of annoying. It's like super sweet or fatty foods. Everything in moderation, and you'll be fine. haha

Chocofreak13

i need to finish that yuru yuri episode....
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Simonorged

Okay seriously, if you're going to watch ecchi, at least watch something good.
Like "Heavens Lost Property" or "Is that a Zombie?"
Simon was here :P

LeaflameSD

Well if you ask me I think it's pretty interesting...

Nuku Nuku OVA Ep.5 DUB...

Chocofreak13

if you want some ecchi, watch BUTTOBI CPU AKA I DREAM OF MIMI IT'S THE FIRST ANCESTOR TO THE OS-TANSSSSSS

yuru yuri, hajimaruyo!!!
(yuru yuri ep 7 (ending) and 8.)
click to make it bigger