What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

I almost seem like an american... *swats hands to avoid lazy typing...*

Chocofreak13

forgive me if l misunderstood, but are you mocking me? because, sir, l don't feel you have the right to judge me because l find it rather tiresome to capitalize. I find it quite annoying just how uppity most of the new members around here are getting. you get a few posts, and suddenly you're the king of everything simply because the admins aren't around? might l remind you who has the most posts around here. not an admin, it's little old me. l don't flaunt it except for the occasional bragging rights, but l have been here longer than you, longer than leaf, and longer than dustii. maybe you were joking but you must remember to have tact since not all intentions are clear in writing. Either way, an older member berating a newer one serves no purpose than to make everyone look foolish. we're horribly off topic here. let's take it outside.

finished episode 2 & 3 of cyborg 009 today.
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 20, 2013, 04:37:13 PM
forgive me if l misunderstood, but are you mocking me? because, sir, l don't feel you have the right to judge me because l find it rather tiresome to capitalize. I find it quite annoying just how uppity most of the new members around here are getting. you get a few posts, and suddenly you're the king of everything simply because the admins aren't around? might l remind you who has the most posts around here. not an admin, it's little old me. l don't flaunt it except for the occasional bragging rights, but l have been here longer than you, longer than leaf, and longer than dustii. maybe you were joking but you must remember to have tact since not all intentions are clear in writing. Either way, an older member berating a newer one serves no purpose than to make everyone look foolish. we're horribly off topic here. let's take it outside.

finished episode 2 &  of cyborg 009 today.

no, I didn't mock you... simply ut I've heard the people say most americans are lazy while talking (you're instead of you are), so, I did shorthen the genre of Magical female kids to MG hence, I was "americanizing" my typing... If I offended you, I apologize...

Nichi

I think "you're" is just a normal English thing; as I know people outside of America who still use that when speaking English

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 20, 2013, 04:45:42 PM
I think "you're" is just a normal English thing; as I know people outside of America who still use that when speaking English

yes, but it is still some form to being lazy while talking....

Chocofreak13

i don't consider contractions to be "lazy", i consider them to be "conversational". frankly i find people who break up contractions while speaking to be pretentious. i say contractions while speaking. i have also been known to use chatspeak both in text and in speaking. does this make me lazy? NO. IT'S CALLED SLANG. (or in the case of contractions, "contractions".) LAZY is people who write things like "hey arent u gonna meet me their" and consider that acceptable. calling that an "american" trait is an extremely rude stereotype, especially to those of us here. i can guarentee you that all of us are spelling/grammar nazis and take spelling, punctuation, and proper use of homonyms and contractions to be part of everyday speech. of course, i also consider slang to be part of my daily speech. the fact that you think of us as "lazy" because we use words that flow more naturally off the tongue speaks volumes about you. i think i'll leave a link to a paper i wrote a couple years ago, so you know full well what a "lazy american" is capable of.

now then. as i said before i don't flaunt my post count except for bragging rights. but i think the admins will forgive me on this occasion. LET'S KNOCK OFF ALL THE FUCKING GRAMMAR SPEECH AND EITHER GET BACK TO ANIME OR GET THE FUCK OUT, SO DECREED BY THE ANCIENT ONE.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 20, 2013, 04:45:42 PM

You're (heh) correct.

Also - if you'll indulge my going off on a tangent here - I've noticed that "you're" and "you are" carry with them different value in speaking and writing. "You're" being used mostly in casual, day-to-day speech and "you are" being used in more formal settings. As well, the use of "you are" in casual conversation seems to carry a greater emphasis on the "are" part - just as an exercise, think about the following two sentences:

"You're going to the picnic lunch on Friday?"
Versus
"You are going to the picnic lunch on Friday?"

Which seems more like a confirmation that you're going? Which seems more  accusatory?

Back onto topic ......... I'm not watching anything atm. >>

Nichi

@Bella: True that
@Kari: Very much seconded. Let's get this back on topic...

So, I plan on watching the Disgaea anime sometime soon :3

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Anyone here seen Xenosaga... it's pretty much the Dr. strange of Gaming to anime...

Chocofreak13

i've heard of the games and i think the anime, but i haven't seen it. what's it about?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I used to have the first game, but I never got around to playing it. Can't remember what happened to the disc, though :\

alfonso_rd_30

*Entering Gangsta Mode*

There's this 'ho Shion that helped mod this rad 'droid 'ho Kos-Mos, but then in the world there were like, 2 gangs trying to get control, y'see?

so one of the gangs sent those beasts, gnosis, to fuck up the ride where Sion and Kos-Mos were, which was done, in the end KOS-MOS ended up bein' mary magdalene and eded up saving the universe!

*exiting 'Gansta mode*

The briefest summary you'll find... BTW, The anime covers half Xenosaga 1

SleepyD

Played all three. Watched the anime. 1 was a whole ton of cut scene sequences. And yeah, the anime is... well it isn't bad, but it's not... done. It's much more concise than the game, at least.
Xenosaga II was... really convoluted/dialogue-heavy with similarly convoluted RPG battle mechanics (I got used to it, but many gave up)
Xenosaga III is what II SHOULD have been, but at this point, key staff members and such were all gone, and they had to end it prematurely. Unfortunately, people's experience with II most likely hurt III's sales.