What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Tokyo Toshokan is your friend. Series is Sasami-san@Ganbaranai incase you missed that lol
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

good times, good times. also, google. can find the sub groups doing it, meaning a constant, consistent stream can be found. >w>

EDIT: watching P&S ep 4 as we speak.
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

I don't even know what I'm watching anymore

Chocofreak13

watch some panty and stocking. you'll feel better.

completed ep 5 earlier. don't ask where.
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 16, 2013, 07:51:10 PM
watch some panty and stocking. you'll feel better.

completed ep 5 earlier. don't ask where.
When somebody tells you not to do something...

Where?

Nichi

So, just watched the first episode of Magic Knight Rayearth. Some thoughts:

- I like the theme song
- Umi is Faye Valentine o_o (They have the same voice actress in the English dub)
- It feels a bit lower budget than other anime from the era I've seen (Such as Slayers or Gundam Wing), but it adds a certain charm to it
- Oddly enough, Fuu reminds me of Fuuka Yamagishi, from Persona 3

Chocofreak13

well dude, it was the 90's. the budgets now are stuff they could only dream of. :\

@pizza:
Spoiler: ShowHide
on the can. (figured it was more productive than another game of solitaire.)

that is all.

gonna watch some more panty and stocking before bed.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, for a series from '95, it feels lower-budget than other series from the same year I've seen. That excludes Evangelion; which Gainax went so overboard that they ran out of money before they had the series finished

Chocofreak13

what, seriously? lol. xD

well, idk if clamp had built up the reputation yet, maybe that's why. :\

just watched P&S ep 6 and 7.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Watched entire season 1 of Ramna 1/2 English dub in the course of 24 hours. First time I've ever seen it... I like the whole sex change thing, makes me laugh and junk. Am I the only one who favours dubs over the original Japanese versions?

Chocofreak13

nah, i like the dubs sometimes. depends on the series largely, and how well the dub is done. sometimes nostalgia plays a part (or if i heard one language first it might sound better to me than the other), but not always (case in point, sailor moon dub. >>; ).

i've gotten up through P&S ep. 10. and i think i'm up to Cyborg 009 ep. 3.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

On dubs, it depends on the quality really. Cowboy Bebop is an example of a kickass dub, while Cardcaptor Sakura had a worse dub than I remember ^^;
Although, I just find the English version of Lucky Star to be awkward; after watching the entire series in Japanese.

alfonso_rd_30

I'm a more Sub things dude myself.... the reason is that in dubbing some of the magic gets lost, as there are in house jokes and what not that get lost in translation...

Actually I'm watching and Downloading Perrine (Dual Audio), which I remember watching with my older Sistah, Panda Z, an OVA about Nakoruru from samurai Showdon fame and have like 67  tabs on online watching sites to see raw episodes of American Cartoons (2 versions of Spider-man, The batman, Winx Club, jackie Chan adventures, Randy cuningham 9th. grade Ninja, Adventure Time, Digimon Xros wars, etc...)

LeaflameSD

But honestly the dubs are not much different to the original Japanese versions, it's just the English VAing and the localization. The reason why companies like 4kids heavily americanize everything is because their target audience is kids. Come on people, stop whining and bitching about Sonic X and Pokemon, be happy that you get something that you understand. In fact, we need more dubs in the west.

*exhales* It really makes me mad that more people can't appreciate dubbing alot more.

alfonso_rd_30

I won't complain on some Dubs (Perrine for example, I only remember it dubbed... I liked the VA in JCa, and despite the intro, Saint Seiya had a nice set of VA, as did the lovely Rayearth)