What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

OMG what a fall season...

Today has start also NOEIN and DENNOU COIL...

Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 30, 2012, 02:45:03 PM
what anime are those two pics?

Noein and Dennou Coil.

I've been meaning to watch Dennou Coil as well. :D

Chocofreak13

i figured, but without titles i thought i'd ask.

tomorrow, the club starts Kami-sama no Memo-chou. :3
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

Ahem... choco? Titles are written right above the images...  ::)  :P
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

yeah, but i didn't know the pics were connected since you didn't label them specifically and there's no visual cues or titles on the pics. "coil a circle of children"..? wtf? >>;;;;
(enough already)
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on September 24, 2012, 12:42:54 PM
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 15, 2012, 03:12:50 PM
seriously, what is this series about.

I finally got tired of waiting on somebody to explain it for us, so Wikipedia to the rescue. Penguindrum sounds interesting, what little bit I found :3
lol, I didn't say anything because I'm of the opinion that when you watch something that's somewhat off the wall like Penguindrum, the craziness is much better enjoyed the less you know about it prior.

Chocofreak13

i don't like that. i'm not one to commit to something without knowing the details first. :\

so the video yearbook came to anime club today, god knows why. after all the fumbling and chatter we had pissed away half an hour, so we only got to watch Kami-sama no Memo-chou. :\

still don't know what next week's third series will be, but it looks like it might be code geass. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Trying out Chuunibyou (because KyoAni and apparently /a/ likes it, so why not) and Tonari no kaibutsukun (because /a/, again, also it has Tomatsu Haruka who is goooood).
Kaibutsu was pretty OK. It has TomaHaru in it. We'll see how it goes.

Chuunibyou I am pretty sceptic about, but hell, we'll see...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 01, 2012, 09:20:27 PM
i don't like that. i'm not one to commit to something without knowing the details first. :\

Usually a few images and a brief synopsis is enough for me. I've yet to commit to something I've actively disliked, so I'm doing pretty good I think. haha

And as someone that's watched Penguindrum, it's a difficult series to explain. The number of different twists and characters in it make it hard to make a brief synopsis without giving the entire thing away. Or it could be that my summarization skills are lacking.

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 04, 2012, 06:02:42 PM
Trying out Chuunibyou (because KyoAni and apparently /a/ likes it, so why not) and Tonari no kaibutsukun (because /a/, again, also it has Tomatsu Haruka who is goooood).
Chuunibyou I am pretty sceptic about, but hell, we'll see...
Lots of eyepatch moe happening in my twitter and facebook feeds, so that series is on my radar.

As for me, well, as you can see from MyAnimeList thingy down there, I just started SAO. Recently finished Accel World and Highschool DxD.

Raffaele the Amigan

OUTRAGEOUS! I just discovered that "From up on poppy hill" by Goro and Hayao Miyazaki will be presented on Italy in an only-one-day event (so called "event") on 6 november and only in selected cinemas... :(

So there are strong possibilities that I will lose it...

That is to say the italian movie distribution firm that imported it here, just consider japan anime as dead horses...

What bunch of... Why do they spend all that money for importing it? At this point it was better that they renounce buying copyrights and let us see it on pirate streaming if they do not want to promote and distribute it properly...
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Pitkin

Raffaele, I just love that movie. Saw it this year in cinema and after the first watch I'd consider it even my favourite among the movies by Miyazakis (and that's a lot to say, really). I'm sorry to hear of the poor distribution Italy. :(

Chocofreak13

gl in watching it. reminds me of when The Borrowers and Ponyo came out; if you want to see a Miyazaki movie in theaters here, you gotta see it the week it comes out. cause they only play it for a week. in selected theaters. >>;;;

no club this week due to colombo day. gives me more time to torrent/preview anime, but still. >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

>Katte ni Kaizou

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT

NejinOniwa

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT DAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT