What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I'm still on Evangelion and G Gundam.

With the former, I really hate Shinji's father now. I'd further elaborate, but since I don't want to spoil it for anybody here who is interested in watching it, I'll leave off why. However, I will say that I have 8 episodes left before I'm finished with it

As for the latter, I have 30 episodes to go. This show still kicks ass, even though it's been 10 years since I last watched it (On Toonami, no less :3)

stewartsage

Maaaan, Gendo's cool.  His girls are always on time.

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 16, 2012, 11:15:41 PM
With the former, I really hate Shinji's father now.

"HAHAHAHAHA, JUST AS PLANNED!"

Chocofreak13

....why is he shaving...?

@cockle: what's blue exorcist about? all i know about it is that we're not showing it to the club (we've put a ban on all anime with "blue" in the title, as they all seem to be too graphic to show anyway).
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 17, 2012, 03:59:06 AM
....why is he shaving...?

BECAUSE HE IS THROWING OFF THE REPRESSIVE SHACKLES OF HIS SIDEBURNS.

AND THE GIRLS ARE LIKE, DAYUM, MR. IKARI, YOU LOOKIN' FIIIIIIINE!

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 17, 2012, 03:59:06 AM
@cockle: what's blue exorcist about? all i know about it is that we're not showing it to the club (we've put a ban on all anime with "blue" in the title, as they all seem to be too graphic to show anyway).

Which reminds me ... I really want to watch Perfect Blue ...

They say it's pretty much anime Black Swan. (Then again, I've heard the same thing said about Princess Tutu...)

Nichi

If by Black Swan, you meant fucking awesome '40s pirate movie instead of modern movie that happens to have the same title but is completely unrelated, I'm all over it

Anyway, I'm almost finished with Evangelion, and nearly at the half-way point on G Gundam

Chocofreak13

@bella: i haven't even seen tutu and i can tell you it's like anime black swan. only better cause it's not american trash.

THIS AMV EXPLAINS ALL (might spoil stuff so be careful)

yesterday i watched 4-6 of Ben-to, and 1-7(halfway) of Solty Rei. had been meaning to re-watch/finish Solty for awhile, so i'm looking forward to watching more, and as for Ben-to, all i have to say is that THE CLUB CAN'T SEE THE FIRST HALF OF EPISODE 4. O/////O;;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah, episode 4 was a bit extreme ^_^;;

So, 6 episodes left on Eva. After that, I think I'll need to take a break from it for a while, before I attempt to watch End of Eva. Of course, I have Digimon and Cowboy Bebop lined up, along with the 2nd half of G Gundam, so I'm good

Chocofreak13

i'd like to get some more Solty Rei in today. the great thing about it is that it's still fresh yet it's english.
click to make it bigger

Bella

A-A-American trash?! Black Swan has been on my to-watch list for so long. u.u So has Princess Tutu, but I've been a bit hesitant since the art style seems a little cutesy for me. :/

I'm thinking I might rewatch Serial Experiments Lain, because I haven't had a good solid mindfscking for awhile. (I've been meaning to rewatch it for monnnnnths, but I keep getting sidetracked/chickening out.) .__.;

And Dennou Coil too, since it seems like it would be a good show to watch along with Lain.

NejinOniwa

QuoteI started watching Blue Exorcist a few days ago. Interesting.
Sorry to tell you, but the animu turns to shonen trash early on :/

Oh, also: finished watching nichibros.

FUCK YEAH SUGITA TOMOKAZU YOU ARE THE BEST MAN EVER
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@bella: most american media doesn't impress me. tbh black swan looked like most movies here: a recycled bunch of concepts presented with a new title. ooo, there's a rivalry. ooo, it's cutthroat. OOOO, they're dancers. BOO-RING. >>;;;

if you want a mindfucking, how about gantz? i haven't seen that series in YEARS but it was gooood. -w- (of course, i saw it when i was 12-13, which might not have been the best thing ever, but still, it was good.)

@nej: i hope nichibros doesn't get licensed over the summer. :\

saw ben-to 4-7 today, showed 4-6 to the club. skipped the first half of 4 and skipping 7 with them; too much fanservice with too little plot. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I loved ep7; it had me rolling on the floor over things like Yoh's "rudder-boner" xD

Anyway, I I'm on episode 23 of both G Gundam and Eva. With the former, the first story arc feels like it's drawn to a close, and with the latter, it's getting really weird

Chocofreak13

you know, i actually had to look up the list of characters to figure out who yo was. as it is i don't think he's ever been called that in the series. >>; so confusing.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

He's been called by his name a few times, but it's not very often. At least it's not like with Cyberchase all those years ago; where I had to go to the official website just to figure out the names of the 3 kids ^_^;;;