What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Some of CR's series name translations are just painful. >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i read a review on it, seems they considered translating the title correctly, but knew they're run into a lot more problems if they did, so they translated the title as a pun on the original (if i remember right the original title would come out as a "bo" sound when in romaji). :\

either way the whole premise of the series sounds PAINFUL to me. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Part of me wants to try it out for the sake of it, but let's face it; nobody does space pirates better than Outlaw Star

Chocofreak13

the art style is cute and everything, but the premise annoys me to the point of grinding my teeth.

finished Sekirei ep 5. at the halfway mark of the series. this show is a buffet of girl types. (the 'little sister loli', the 'glasses girl', the 'ditzy cute girlfriend', the 'wise older sister', the 'haughty rich girl', the 'hot twins', etc etc etc. >>; )
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Watched episode 8 of Yu-Gi-Oh! yesterday.

NejinOniwa

Suisei no Gargantia, 1-3.

This series is fucking awesome.

Also Hataraku Maou-sama 1-3. Seems like this season wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be after all!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

It's hard to catch up with new anime.
I watched Omamori Himari Ep.5.
Also Maico 2010 Ep.8.

Nichi

Episode 44 of Fullmetal Alchemist. This episode was apparently copied from a recording of the Adult Swim broadcast; which gives it some nostalgic value even if the video quality isn't quite as good as the past several episodes

LeaflameSD

Ep.9 of Android Announcer Maico 2010.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Robo Fetish-kun.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Just finished episode 45 of FMA. I think I should track down a different torrent of the English dub to replace this episode; as it feels like it was copied from a worn-out VHS tape of Adult Swim's broadcast of it; with video stuttering and severe audio syncing issues by the end. I hope the next episode is more like episode 44 in terms of quality (A little fuzzy, but plays back perfectly), or better yet, episodes 1 through 43 (DVD quality)

LeaflameSD

I've always wanted anime TV rips (with commercials and everything), but can't seem to find it.

Chocofreak13

up through sekirei ep 7. gonna watch 8 on the commercials right now~
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Nichi

Just finished the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) - Final Episode: ShowHide
Way back in 2006, when I finished watching this episode after Adult Swim aired it, I honestly felt it was a solid conclusion to the series; it wrapped up everything nicely, but left the door open for a possible continuation (Much like Outlaw Star; the major conflict is over, but the protagonists set out on new adventures). Several years later, I can say that it's not perfect, but I still feel it brings a solid conclusion to the series

I mean, Ed did get Al's body back; which in the process left him stranded on the other side of the gate (In our world, circa WWII), as both of them are now trying to find a way to be reunited. While some might see it as a terrible ending because of Ed and Al being separated, I personally felt it was a bittersweet ending that fits in with the themes of the show; after all, nothing ever works out quite as expected, even with equivalent exchange.

However, the ending is less than perfect. There are still some questions left hanging; like what Wrath is up to after getting automail, where Gluttony went after eating Dante, or where Russel and Fletcher went. Still, it's not a bad ending in my eyes; at least they didn't end it by having everyone appear out of nowhere congratulating Ed ^^;

I plan on watching the first movie (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala) tomorrow. Then, after some time to get other series out of the way, I'll start on Brotherhood