What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I'm currently up to episode 14 on both Eva and G Gundam. So far, my thoughts:

- With Eva, Shinji has either grown up just a little bit, or I've just become more tolerant of him; as he's not as annoying now, moving up to a "Meh, he's ok" character. Still a pretty good series so far, although so far it hasn't reached the really weird parts I always saw people talk about online

- With G Gundam, it's still frigging sweet even after all these years. I'd suggest watching it, if you're in the mood for a mecha anime that feels like a half-way between a "real robot" series (Any other Gundam series) and a "super robot" series (Gurren Lagann, Gigantor, etc.)

Chocofreak13

nice. -w-

Finished NHK, and SHIT GOT REAL. O___O
good series, i really reccomend it. the final episode made me gasp in horror, cry, and smile wide within 10 minutes of each other, and even with the "meeeeh" end part, it was still worth the watch. -w-

Watched Azumanga ep 3, The Big O ep 19, and Kuragehime ep 1 (with mum!) yesterday.

Azumanga: Yukari's quite the bitch. and i now sympathize with Yomi. ^^;
The Big O: that episode is hilarious as usual. and mum caught the tail end, and said she wants to see more of the series. >w<
Kuragehime: Mum liked it and said she wants to see more, so as her introductory series into anime, i think it's going well thus far. :3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

Kaze no Stigma is on demand. my thoughts so far:

kaze no stigma

kazuma's father earns FAILther of the year
'son, i am proud. also, i am disappoint.' (not a literal quote, but it works well after the fight they had)

Kazuma: "don't worry about your old man. i made sure he got to a hospital."
Ren: "you took him yourself?"
K: "no, that'd have been too much of a pain in the ass. i just called 911 and told em' where to find him."
(R: "WHAAAAT!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, HE'S YOUR FATHER!")

ren is gay for kazuma.....? (brotherly love?)

kissing cousins. awwwww yeaaaaah. 8)
click to make it bigger

Sato-kun

Hello there people ^-^ you should watch Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, its epic hilarious XD well fun to watch too
I love to create something based on imagination. Hellyeah!

http://ritsan115.deviantart.com

Chocofreak13

looks funny. how's the rating? like, could i show this to teenagers without corrupting their minds due to fanservice or gore? cause if it's unlicensed by the time anime club next year rolls around, i'll show it to them. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

And the 6th episode ends with the male protagonist finally getting what's coming to him: NYARLATHOTEP RAEP?

But yes, ratings shouldn't be a problem. Unless there's a separate rating for dangerously crappy humor, in which case you should stay away from this thing like china with nukes...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

no, no. it's mainly just no nudity (or as little as possible), and no gushers (blood points should be kept about 7 or below). if it's in english (or if they sprinkle english into their japanese), swearing should be kept to a minimum, too. >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

There's a lot of swearing, I think. I say "i think" however because I don't speak Elder God.

As for nudity...eh, nothing mentionable so far?

Don't say it mightn't turn up, though, it's headed that direction.

Chocofreak13

is it swearing in english? cause saying 'KIMI WA JITSU NI BAKA KUZO DANA!! KUZO BAKA SHITE SHINEZO!!!!" won't raise any eyebrows in club.

"YOU ARE SUCH A DUMB SHIT!! DIE SHITTING, IDIOT!!!"
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Like I said, I don't speak Elder God...

Or Nyarlathotepian...

Or whatever language that is supposed to be.

NejinOniwa

In during Nichibros.

Guys, really. Really?

Chocofreak13

ooo, you've got nichibros too? i downloaded it but haven't watched it yet, how is it? :0
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

WATCH THAT SHIT NOW, OR I WILL BRAND YOU AS HERETIC FOR REJECTING COMEDY GOLD FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Seriously, it's undescribably awesome. Punches behind every line...

...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Chocofreak13

oh trust me, i'm anticipating that one. i even suggested it to the club because of the hilarity and the BROMANCE. -w-

if it's unlicensed by next year i'ma show it, provided it's not going to corrupt their poor, innocent minds. xD
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

I started watching Blue Exorcist a few days ago. Interesting.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.