What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

In case the COMEDY GOLD and the rest of the praise wasn't clue enough, it's VERY GOOD stupid as fuck. ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@nej: i don't watch without a good plot. synopsis please?
@pent: Ben-to was based off a light novel series that is continuing in japan. there's also 2 manga spinoffs.

next to torrent: I My Me! Strawberry Eggs . next to watch: Welcome to the NHK.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'll have to track down fan translations of the novels, then :3

Anyway, next on my to-watch list is My-Hime; which I checked out from the library last summer...and was so busy with GED prep that I never got a chance to sit down and watch it ^_^;;

NejinOniwa

Basically? Meet Mahiro, AKA Male Protagonist. Mahiro is assaulted by Nightmarish Monster for no apparent reason.
Meet Nyarlathotep, lovecraftian old god of some horror or what have you (the crawling chaos), AKA Nyarlko, AKA Female Protagonist. She fucks the monster up and splatters it bad, whereupon she proclaims herself Mahiro's protector, because apparently some people are conducting deals on some intergalactic/subverse whatever blackmarket thingy. Which would involve Mahiro. Also, she has researched EVERY SINGLE THING about him, and proclaims her love for him at first sight. Naturally, this happens while his parents are off on their honeymoon trip, so NOBODY'S HOME.

The usual.

BUT.
When she tries to sexually assault him on her first night in his house, what does he do? Not haphazardly fend her off or meekly sit there and take it in, or for that matter turn all H-mode for no reason. Oh no.
HE DEADPAN STARES AND STABS HER WITH A FORK. UNTIL SHE STOPS.

Nyarlko will suffer this treatment many, many times in the future.

Cue making fun of every single imaginable aspect of Lovecraftian horror you can think of. COMEDY GOLD.

Chocofreak13

......alright, that sounds epic. thanks. -w-

watched ep 1 of Welcome to the NHK. which brought me to this conclusion:

click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I just watched episode 1 of My-Hime. My thoughts so far:

- So far, it's interesting. I'm not far enough into it yet to form too much of an opinion, but it's pretty good thus far
- Being a series by Sunrise, it has the same feel to the art as other series by them that I've watched over the years. Not a bad thing at all :3
- Mai has a skirt with pockets. Where can I get one of these?

Chocofreak13

lots of skirts have pockets. of course, none of mine do. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I've never heard of that before, which is why I thought it was so unusual ^_^;;

Chocofreak13

likely going to watch more NHK today.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

While it may seem a good idea to tease a cute necromancer girl with crazy antics, don't go overboard. She'll look all cutesy and "I'm so mad at you right now" one second and the next she'll just snap your neck. No,
SERIOUSLY, SHE WILL.

Chocofreak13

oh my.

welcome to the NHK this weekend. nuthin' but. =__=;

(at least it's good.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

This weekend, Evangellion. I'd like to start watching G Gundam, as well, but it's not finished yet

EDIT: Episode 1 of G-Gundam is finished, so I'm ready to roll -w-

Chocofreak13

have fun~

gonna start torrenting Jem soon. for anyone that doesn't think that belongs here, Jem was animated by Toei. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Cool :3

So, I've started watching Evangelion and G Gundam at the same time; currently up to episode 3 on both. So far, G Gundam is just as awesome as I remember it, while I'm making my way back through the first 4 eps of Eva just because, so my opinion on that series has not changed.

Chocofreak13

nice. :3

also, it seems that i can't find a working torrent of jem. (says something about "invalid bencoding" or something.) but i'm still watching NHK.
click to make it bigger