OS-tan Picture Gallery

Started by C-Chan, August 10, 2006, 10:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Wow, my little comments inspired so much discussion (and mathematical calculations by the NewYinzer -- albeit American-centric ones -- to boot!).  I feel so thrilled.  ^___^

However, I can't help but shake off the feeling of "deja vu", and I don't mean the doujinshi people that no one likes.  -v-

In any case, everything that had to be said is said, and done is done.  ^__^
Better tip my hat here, and go off to work on my own contributions to this site.

For the moment, they include:

- Drawing Wiki-style avatars
- Drawing actual Wiki avatars for the Wikipedia articles
- Drawing the Captain's "Holy Trinity" picture
- Updating my Annex
- Translating the Mac Manga
- Uploading my share of pictures
- Creating the "Birth of Windows" micro-OVA experiment.  

And that's not including my daily posts, so I've got my work cut out for me.  ^^;

See y'all!  ^v^

*trots off*

CaptBrenden

The holy trinity pic needs to be moved to the top of that list.... *nods*
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Oh right, the list is in no particular order.  ^^;
In fact, I spent a little time today translating a Mac Manga page and doing this simple drawing for Aurora-san:

Although you know about it, cause it's the roll cake one.  ^__^'

CaptBrenden

If osr 2.5 wants to come alone with 3.1 and 2.0 thats okay too...

C-Chan

Fufu,... maybe not for the frolic pic, since it's the wrong time period.  -v-

But I'll take your offer in later pics.  ^__^

Currently working on a Christmas present for you that might probably extend my life for a few weeks.  ^^;

CaptBrenden

Sounds like a gift exchange!! :P

I need to get to work a little more on the yearly christmas pic..

Ultimaninja

Hey C-Chan...
could you...
maybe...
make an xp-pic for me or something?

please??
As a christmas present?
Or maybe a do-well-on-the-finals-or-we-will-kill-you threat/picture?

SleepyD

Ah, yes... the Christmas giftart I've always started but never seem to finish in time...

We'll see if this year is different. ^^

NewYinzer

Sounds like a good deal! Presents for all! However, after the festivities are over, let us start to ponder the dating sim idea, or tar and feather those who support the idea.

Krakowzhian Minister of Finance: Enough catnip for you!
NewYinzer: But I need it! I need it or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes!

C-Chan

QuoteHey C-Chan...
could you...
maybe...
make an xp-pic for me or something?

please??
As a christmas present?
Or maybe a do-well-on-the-finals-or-we-will-kill-you threat/picture?

Uhhhh,....  ^__^;

*stares cautiously at Captain*

............Okay.  ^___^;

I think I can work on two chibi pictures before xmas.  -v-'

I'm no XP fan, though, plus I'm big on efficiency and stuff.  So likely what I'm gonna do is draw XP-chan alongside a more obscure OS-tan who needs a Wiki avatar for the Annex.  -v-

Don't worry, though -- I won't say WHO that obscure OS-tan is, but trust me....

She and Saseko could be sisters!!!  ^v^
(If not for the rival systems they're on...  ^.^')

NewYinzer

Sweet! New chibi's!

*nudges C-Chan*

BTW, C-Chan, if my gut reaction is right, you're going to draw OS/2 and XP are sisters. I don't mean to judge too quickly, but I'd call them half-sisters rather than "sisters". They may have been developed by Microsoft, but OS/2 did not directly evolve into NT. Rather NT was born from the ashes of the OS/2 project, but NT did evolve into XP! Remember, Microsoft is 3 years behind Apple much due to them developing OS/2. Even Steve Ballmer admits this (watch Triumph of the Nerds).

C-Chan

QuoteSweet! New chibi's!

YAY!! Forgot NewYinzer was a fan of my chibis!  ^___^
With two more on the way....
Or rather FIVE, if you include the thing I'm working for the Captain.  ^____^'

Quote*nudges C-Chan*

BTW, C-Chan, if my gut reaction is right, you're going to draw OS/2 and XP are sisters. I don't mean to judge too quickly, but I'd call them half-sisters rather than "sisters". They may have been developed by Microsoft, but OS/2 did not directly evolve into NT. Rather NT was born from the ashes of the OS/2 project, but NT did evolve into XP! Remember, Microsoft is 3 years behind Apple much due to them developing OS/2. Even Steve Ballmer admits this (watch Triumph of the Nerds).

Hehe,... well, I have to at least compliment you for the awfully cool guess.  ^___^
But you know the deal with OS/2 and Windows-tans,... if she ends up in a room with one, get ready to duck from all the phaser fire.  ^__^'

But you are right, while OS/2-tan is technically a "step sister" to the original Windows line (1.0 to 98SE and maybe ME), she is officially a "half-sister" of NT-tan.  Although given that NT-tan is the "mother" of the NT descendants (like XP), I wonder if you could say that OS/2-tan is a kind of "half aunt".  Assuming there is such a thing.  ^___^;

A very touchy subject that I'd advise not bringing up with OS/2-tan if you value your molecules.  -v-'

But it's nowhere near as dramatic as the issue with NT-tan's TRUE mother.  ^___^;
She might've risen from the ashes of the OS/2 project, but by GAWD she was born (or stolen?) from SOMEONE very very powerful.  ^^;

Oh, and can't blame OS/2 for setting M$ back 3 years versus Apple.  Just blame them for being morons.  Hehe... ^v^

As for the mystery OS-tan,...

Believe it or not, it's someone even MORE obscure than OS/2-tan.  ^___^
Incredible that renditions of my OS/2-tan currently outnumber those of this sweet, shapely and well-endowed mystery -tan.  ^v^

NewYinzer

*hair stands on end*

You mean...you're really gonna make...the one OS-tan we've been waiting months for! Naw, it couldn't be ReactOS-tan...or Xenix-tan...or Unix-tan...or Solaris-tan...or z/OS-tan.

C-Chan

Love your guesses for XP's doppelganger.  ^v^

They'd be great if not for certain details....  -v-

ReactOS-tan:  Too Excluded (still on waiting list to be added to the Annex)
Xenix-tan:  Too Dead (will appear in the microOVA, though)
Unix-tan:  Too Old  (and that's -sama!)
Solaris-tan:  Too Powerful (and she's been drawn already...  `v')
z/OS-tan:  Too Tall (mainframe-tan = 150 feet)

But you gotta admit, the suspense ir riveting.  ^___^

Who will the Mystery-tan be?  ^v^

*pumps up hype machine*

Agent_Dark_Booty

OpenVMS?

*shuffles quickly back to the shadows*