OS-tan Picture Gallery

Started by C-Chan, August 10, 2006, 10:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Hello all.  ^__^

For a little change of pace, a quick reflection on the state of our beloved Gallery.  ^.^

I've publicized this a lot to friends and on other forums, but I'd really like to hear your opinion on whether you feel our OS-tan collection has grown to be one of the largest on the web (in any language).

If not, do you know of any other dedicated image collections of greater or comparable size?  And on a similar token, are there still ambitions to make our gallery the largest repository for OS-tan images?  ^__^

Just thought I'd throw that out since the Gallery was one of the things that most impressed me about this forum.  ^-^

NewYinzer

In short, I love our gallery. It has become a collection to be reckoned with. Now to deviate from my prepared remarks, I would like to respond to this (
QuoteOS-tan collection has grown to be one of the largest on the web
) quote. The gallery is very large, but I am not sure it is the largest. Anyway, it's great.

C-Chan

Okay, time for a little necroposting.  ^__^

I'm reviving this old thread to rally support for the expansion of our gallery, now that the HUGE Futaba-type picture archive has been rediscovered....

http://kazumi386.org/%7Eostan2/pic_uploader/

There is literally a ton of content to add to our gallery, but without any kind of organization, any flood of uploads will just pose a problem for poor Pitkin.  -v-

So I propose the following...  ^__^

============================================

1 - Use this thread as a staging area for Gallery uploads.
Anything you post there, please let us know here so we can know it exists.  ^__^

2 - Volunteer for specialized uploads.
If we agree that certain people will be responsible for uploading certain OS-tan types, we can avoid double-work.  ^^'

3 - Clean up existing pictures.
This includes checking and reporting duplicate entries, as well as adding comments identifying any unfamiliar OS-tan.  Of course, for the latter, feel free to bring the unreported pic here so we can all figure out the identity of the unkown OS-tan.  'v'

4 - Quality-Check all newly uploaded pics.
We could also use people who simply review the recently uploaded pics to make sure they aren't duplicates themselves.

And finally....

5 - Report other OS-tan art caches.
Eventually, we should compile a list of all known [active] OS-tan art galleries to return the favor.  [and maybe update Wiki with]

============================================

With your help and your willingness, we can yet make our Gallery the largest and most comprehensive one!  ^v^
At least the attempt should give us a definitive goal to work on while we pass the time, and anyone can participate regardless of their extent of their art skills or OS-tan knowledge.  ^___^

Just remember, though....
For anyone actually engaged in the uploading part, please pace yourselves and try not to exceed more than 10 to 15 pics a day (both for Pitkin's sake and for your sanity).  Also, please be sure to add a title and the source -- for posterity's sake we must make sure each pic has as much information as possible.  ^__^

Anyone willing to participate, please post here so we know who you are and what you plan to do.  

Good luck, and onward proud OS-tan Gallery Updaters!!!  ^V^

C-Chan added the following  2 minutes after last message :

FYI, just to make sure I put my money where my mouth is, I volunteer to update the Mac Gallery to a full extent.  ^__^

I've reviewed the full gallery, discovered the following dupes:

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=47
http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=48
http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=50
http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=58
http://ostan.blackdiam.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=77

...and will begin adding the first batch of new Mac girls tonight.  ^v^

NewYinzer

Yes sir! I'll start uploading pics of Yamada, one of the many versions of Win98!
*gets in tank*

C-Chan

You got it!  ^v^

*signs up NewYinzer for Yamada pics*

I was wondering what she was....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

NewYinzer

I just uploaded a bunch of pics, and I hope to upload more when I get some time! As for now, I'm just layin' back and relaxin'!
*relaxes*

C-Chan

Currently having much fun looking through all the Mac pics and brushing up on some kanji.  ^__^

BTW, let me know if you can see this....

Should see a picture here.

NewYinzer

I see it...and it looks like Hacchan is going to rape OS9.2-tan!
*waits for admin approval*

C-Chan

Really... ^^;

Yikes, I thought hacchan was just concerned...  ^__^'
Better hold off on that one for now,... have a whole lot on queue anyway.  ^v^'

Besides, thought it was interesting that someone created a whole new -tan for MAC OS9.2!  ^__^

Here's a tamer one....

The bubble reads "otanjoubi omedetou", or just a short-n-sweet way of saying "Happy Birthday!".  ^__^

C-Chan added the following  39 minutes after last message :

Mission accomplished!  ^__^
15 pics chuck-full of Mac cuteness.  ^.^

Now we just gotta determine who this Mac OS9.22 cutey is and why she hasn't been given proper exposure.  ^__^

brougeXP22

lol those are cute pics although the first one is kinda creppy  ;013

hey this is my 200th post!!!!  ;012

C-Chan

Congratulations XP #22!  ^v^
[BTW, you mean the creepy Mac OS9.2 one, right?  Didn't think Linspire-chan struck me as the creepy type.]  ^__^

New pics haven't been added to the gallery yet, so I'm holding off tonight's upload till they're up and running.  -v-

In the meantime, anyone else willing to volunteer for this awesome new project?  ^__^

*glances at XP22*  

Hmmm....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

C-Chan added the following  3 minutes after last message :

Till then, here's another teaser of things to come...

Consider another pic of the cute new Mac girl, OS9.2:

Transliteration:

"Imamade... arigatou"

Translation:

[something like...]  "For now.... thank you..."

Ain't she warmhearted?  ^-^

C-Chan added the following  15 minutes after last message :

O......... M............. G.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  O.o

Just had to post this one up.  ^__^
[Plus really fits the description of the House of Mac.]  ^__^'

C-Chan

Quick update:

Here's the link to "The Exit" thread, a collection of useful links that SleepyD graciously put together.  ^__^

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?t=248

This should help all those Researchers who have or will volunteer.  ^__^

New pics have been to the following galleries by our Uploaders:

Windows 3.11
Windows ME
Windows 2000
Mac
Other
Group

Windows ME [background]
Other [background]

Pitkin has agreed to clean up the forum as best we can, so Cleaner positions are filled for now.  Even Dupe Checkers may not be as necessary as they were before, since he reviews them before uploading.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra pair of eyes.  ^__^

Should not that we still need more Uploaders, Commenters and Researchers for this project.  `v'

Alfamille

I am also planning to distribute OS-tan doujins in the near future.

I have 11 of them all in all. Although I currently dont really have the time to do it now... :(

brougeXP22

C-Chan

No problemo, Alfamille.  ^__^

And thank you, XP #22!  ^v^

Let me know if you want to be an Uploader, Commentater or Researcher (and if an Uploader, which OS-tan you'd like to do).  ^__^