Learning rpgmakervx , could we make a os-tan rpg game?

Started by sks963, August 29, 2014, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sks963

I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

this was previously discussed many years ago......if i were you i'd scour the forums a bit for the old threads. idk why it stalled, likely people got busy with their lives and couldn't devote as much time to it anymore. all the power to you if you keep going with it, though. ^^
click to make it bigger

sks963

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 29, 2014, 11:40:50 AM
this was previously discussed many years ago......if i were you i'd scour the forums a bit for the old threads. idk why it stalled, likely people got busy with their lives and couldn't devote as much time to it anymore. all the power to you if you keep going with it, though. ^^
So sad if the original project data is still saved we could continue it

Chocofreak13

idk who was hanging onto it. aurora or kraus are the only active members i remember working on it, but it may go back to before i joined here (pre fall 08' ).
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

I'm still currently developing the OS-tan visual novel with the use of Ren'py which will include some RPG aspects in some shape or form.

Sadly life with work gets in the way and drained my entire summer that I had planned to use for kicking the game development into high gear. The only thing that really got done in the 4-5 months that I had off from school was most of the apple route in the first draft phase. But the good news is this, I'm back in school and have more than enough time now (amazingly) to work on the project. A new dev blog (os-troubles.tumblr.com) has been put up that I plan on updating every Monday & Wednesday at the current moment.

The nice thing about developing a visual novel instead of a full on rpg is the compatibility range across different platforms (PC --> Mobile(Android/IOS) -->Mobile(3DS/PSVita)) with ease. Moving an rpg game made with rpgmaker pretty much forces you to only play on a computer with maybe a little room for mobile ports if you play with the code a little bit.

I'll probably have a part one of the game made out some point by mid fall if I'm lucky. This would have all art, music and game mechanics finished and working.

Granted that I really don't want to throw all my current work away in order to pick up some entirely different project in terms of how its made (Python vs some gui thing that I have no idea works) but I'm willing to pick up some extra work to help out in an actually rpg game.

sks963

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on August 30, 2014, 12:14:57 AM
I'm still currently developing the OS-tan visual novel with the use of Ren'py which will include some RPG aspects in some shape or form.

Sadly life with work gets in the way and drained my entire summer that I had planned to use for kicking the game development into high gear. The only thing that really got done in the 4-5 months that I had off from school was most of the apple route in the first draft phase. But the good news is this, I'm back in school and have more than enough time now (amazingly) to work on the project. A new dev blog (os-troubles.tumblr.com) has been put up that I plan on updating every Monday & Wednesday at the current moment.

The nice thing about developing a visual novel instead of a full on rpg is the compatibility range across different platforms (PC --> Mobile(Android/IOS) -->Mobile(3DS/PSVita)) with ease. Moving an rpg game made with rpgmaker pretty much forces you to only play on a computer with maybe a little room for mobile ports if you play with the code a little bit.

I'll probably have a part one of the game made out some point by mid fall if I'm lucky. This would have all art, music and game mechanics finished and working.

Granted that I really don't want to throw all my current work away in order to pick up some entirely different project in terms of how its made (Python vs some gui thing that I have no idea works) but I'm willing to pick up some extra work to help out in an actually rpg game.
Granted,I have actully feel that a project is made by time,for what I understand why so many mod is updated slowly.And if we want bring the game out of PC (bring it into mobile platform),we will be required  to learn and work more,however,try our best for a insisting project is most improtant.If you need any PS help,I'm willing devote my best for helping.

Dr. Kraus

I just gotta say, I've come up with some of the most NSFW game mechanics & mini games for the VN. My mind was truly in the gutter for the two days I dev'd those mechanics